• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What things irritate you that your spouse/partner always does?

Aunt Spiker

Cheese
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
My husband annoys the crap out of me when he's playing a video game - leaves the news on (like fox or something) while I'm studying - and then 1/2 listens to what's on tv - and asks me to fill in what he didn't hear.
"What did he say?"
"Where were they at?"
"That's dumb, what do you think?"

Drives me nuts!

I had a roommate like that. I hated watching movies with her because she'd ask questions through the whole thing: "What did she say?" "What's going to happen?" "Did you hear that?" Ugh.

:doh

But he'll get up to change it when someone comes on that *he* doesn't want to listen to.

:rofl

Me: *grumble about something that bothers me, but has nothing to do with my wife nor is within her power to control
Wife: "I'm sorry"

I hate it when people apologize for things that are not their fault.

Me: *grumble about something that bothers me, but has nothing to do with my wife nor is within her power to control

I'm sorry about that. :2razz:

Purrrrs

My wife will start talking to me and halfway through a sentence she will turn around and start mumbling as if I can still hear her.

Then I say something ridiculous and ask if that's what she said.

She'll tell me to just ask her to repeat what she said, not say something ridiculous.

I tell her next time to speak in the direction of her audience or pretend I am watching something on TV and she is on the phone with her sister.

Purrrs

Last edited:
snores like a freight train....but only if I am trying to fall asleep. She usually falls asleep 45 min to an hour before I do...no snoring, but the second I turn off the TV or put down my book and try to sleep it sounds like someone started up a chainsaw.

LOL - why?

My husband's like that, too. When recovering from surgery or somethig like that I'll say "Sorry you're in so much pain, sweetie" and it'll piss him off - he'll say exactly that, "Why are you sorry? You didn't do anything wrong"

LOL - why?

My husband's like that, too. When recovering from surgery or somethig like that I'll say "Sorry you're in so much pain, sweetie" and it'll piss him off - he'll say exactly that, "Why are you sorry? You didn't do anything wrong"

I understand that, but I inquire further. I ask, "How sorry are you?" :mrgreen:

Purrrrs

I had a roommate like that. I hated watching movies with her because she'd ask questions through the whole thing: "What did she say?" "What's going to happen?" "Did you hear that?" Ugh.

:doh

my best friend got his degree in radio, film and TV broadcasting. hate going to the movies with him because he sits there and critiques all the little minor production flaws in the movie.

My wife will dig around in a bag of chips like she is searching for the Golden Ticket. The constant rustling drives me nuts when we are watching a movie or TV show. I tell her that they all taste the same.

Purrrrrs

My wife will dig around in a bag of chips like she is searching for the Golden Ticket. The constant rustling drives me nuts when we are watching a movie or TV show. I tell her that they all taste the same.

Purrrrrs

Put a fake bug or snake in the bag.

What things irritate you that your spouse/partner always does

Talking....

On a serious note, my wife is completely incapable of telling me what she wants, and instead takes me on a convoluted, tortuous route to try and figure out exactly what it is she wants. An example(I think I have shared this before)
Wife wants to go out for Chinese food.

Wife: I feel like going out to eat tonight.

Me: Ok

Wife: What do you want?

Me: There is nothing in particular, whatever you want is fine.

Wife: Well just pick something

Me: Ok, let's go out for pizza

Wife:Ugh, I don't want pizza tonight

Me: Ok, well where do you want to go?

Wife: I don't care, just pick something that isn't pizza.

Me: Ok, let's go out for some wings and a few drinks

Wife: No, I'm not in the mood for that either.

Me: Well then just pick whatever you want, I don't care.

Wife: Just pick something

Me: I tried twice and you said no, so just pick somewhere and we will go

Wife: Why do you hate me?

Me: Forget this, let's just stay home.

Wife 1 hour later: I was really in the mood for chinese.

Me::2brickwal

My ex-husband used to fall asleep on the couch while watching tv and when I'd change the channel, he'd suddenly wake up and say, "Hey! I was watching that!!" Really? Through your eyelids?

My ex-husband used to fall asleep on the couch while watching tv and when I'd change the channel, he'd suddenly wake up and say, "Hey! I was watching that!!" Really? Through your eyelids?

I do that. :2razz:

My wife does the "Where do you want to eat?" game too. I always say Hooters. Then I say Mexican. Then we go have steak. :mrgreen:

My wife does the "Where do you want to eat?" game too. I always say Hooters. Then I say Mexican. Then we go have steak. :mrgreen:

My wife phrases it "what do you want to eat?" After my first answer she always says "no, food, not me!"

My fiancée always switches the TV on channels with really stupid programs (you know, reality shows and such), even when I am in the room (at the computer, for example), although she knows how much it annoys me. But she can't stop watching that crap. I then start protesting, and maybe she switches channels again. But whenever I leave the room even for a minute, or give the impression I am too exhausted or tired to care, she will switch back. :p

My friends and I would joke about how we were going to open a restaurant named "I don't care" or "I don't know" - restaurant issue resolved.

My ex used to also have the ANNOYING habit of sucking his teeth. After eating if you had something stuck in between your teeth, most people would either brush their teeth/floss or use a toothpick. Not him. He'd make this annoying as hell noise trying to work said stuck food object out by 'sucking' it. It made me want to rip his lips off.

I have poor hearing, and my wife mumbles all the time. For some reason she's uncomfortable talking loudly. I can tell her to speak up 5 times, and she will for about a sentence, then it's back to mumbling again. I want to strap a bullhorn to her face.

She also has this weird thing where she's uncomfortable if we're on the phone and no one says anything for a few seconds, so she'll just say "I love you" to fill the void.

Well, my wife is annoyed at me because I went and cut down a 70 foot tree because it looked like it was dying. She thought I would get myself killed.

My husband clears his throat while he's eating. I seriously want to push him out a window whenever I hear that "rhhhrrrrhhhhhhrrrhhhhhh" sound. :crazy3:

My husband clears his throat while he's eating. I seriously want to push him out a window whenever I hear that "rhhhrrrrhhhhhhrrrhhhhhh" sound. :crazy3:

My wife will clang a spoon into the bottom of a bowl like she's trying to turn cheerios into oatmeal, but really she's just stirring. It's like a bad Zappa tune.

Purrrrrs

Back
Top Bottom