• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What the Pro-Abortion people are fighting for in Texas[W:233]

jmotivator

Computer Gaming Nerd
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
1. They oppose greater sanitary regulations on abortion clinics.
2. They support this procedure. (graphical illustration from medical book of late term abortion procedure)

Such heroes!!

Re: What the Pro-Abortion people are fighting for in Texas

The developing baby has very limited stimulus response, it may feel the pain but is uninformed as to the ramifications of said pain. I understand a disheartening sense of repulsion, even nausea, towards this. However, setting anthropocentrism aside, I feel that this is no worse than pulling apart a cricket. Why? Because the means of death is inconsequential "unless prolonged torture, which this is not, as even newborns have very little amounts of blood and the fetus would lose whatever consciousness it had very expeditiously." I don't care, it's physical pain, something that most animals feel. The only way this could possibly be immoral to me, were if a fetus would be sentient, which it is not in any advanced sense.

The OP is total, 100% false. Texas does not allow late term abortions.

So what is HEROIC about A MAN making outright 100% totally false claims wanting to use deception and dishonestly to totally subjugate women to force them to have babies against their will?

So what is HEROIC about A MAN making outright 100% totally false claims wanting to use deception and dishonestly to totally subjugate women to force them to have babies against their will?

That depends on what you call late term. Their saying anything over 20 weeks as is their right.

let's hear (for a bit) another, opposing voice to current tejas abortion policy:

News Flash, he didn't claim that Texas allows late-term abortions.....

That depends on what you call late term. Their saying anything over 20 weeks as is their right.

I was referring to the OP's graphic.

News Flash, he didn't claim that Texas allows late-term abortions.....

Try clicking on his link. That is what he claimed some pro-choice in Texas are fighting for - with exactly nothing to back up that claim.

Try clicking on his link. That is what he claimed some pro-choice in Texas are fighting for - with exactly nothing to back up that claim.

But that isn't what you argued in the post I was referring to.

The developing baby has very limited stimulus response, it may feel the pain but is uninformed as to the ramifications of said pain. I understand a disheartening sense of repulsion, even nausea, towards this. However, setting anthropocentrism aside, I feel that this is no worse than pulling apart a cricket.

Gratuitously torturing animals, even insects, while young, is one of the well-known indicators of someone who is at high risk to grow up to be a sociopath. That you would cite “pulling apart a cricket” as something to which to compare abortion in order to argue that there's nothing wrong with it tells us something very disturbing about you.

let's hear (for a bit) another, opposing voice to current tejas abortion policy:

No thanks; I don't need to hear such a ridiculous moron.

1. They oppose greater sanitary regulations on abortion clinics.
2. They support this procedure. (graphical illustration from medical book of late term abortion procedure)

Such heroes!!

I'm a 5th generation Texan. And in no way do I support the round about way they are trying to enforce misogynistic credos on the public.

Thank goodness Perry will not be governor of this great State again. And maybe another great one like Ann Richards will pop up again.

I'm a 5th generation Texan. And in no way do I support the round about way they are trying to enforce misogynistic credos on the public.

Thank goodness Perry will not be governor of this great State again. And maybe another great one like Ann Richards will pop up again.

Anti-Abortion does not equal Anti-Women, when will you people get that into your heads?

Anti-Abortion does not equal Anti-Women, when will you people get that into your heads?

When you want yo enforce you credos via the the state. Yes it is misogyny

No it isn't actually. Abortion does not equal women. Opposing abortion does not equal opposing women. That is the spin people try to put on it to make Pro-Lifers seem so terrible.

Texas Republicans: Free speech unless you disagree with us. :mad:

No it isn't actually. Abortion does not equal women. Opposing abortion does not equal opposing women. That is the spin people try to put on it to make Pro-Lifers seem so terrible.

It opposes a woman making a choice.

It opposes a woman making a choice.

So do anti-murder laws, anti-drug laws, and any other restriction. So that's not really a valid argument even though you seem to think it is.

Approximately half of the innocent victims of abortion are girls, who would become women if they were allowed to live.

It is certainly very bizarre that the side that wants them to be killed gets to accuse the side that wants them to be allowed to live of being misogynistic.

Approximately half of the innocent victims of abortion are girls, who would become women if they were allowed to live.

It is certainly very bizarre that the side that wants them to be killed gets to accuse the side that wants them to be allowed to live of being misogynistic.

And approximately 2 to 3 % are gay. So what is your point?

So do anti-murder laws, anti-drug laws, and any other restriction. So that's not really a valid argument even though you seem to think it is.

Wellp can I move into your body?

And approximately 2 to 3 % are gay. So what is your point?

I don't see how your remark achieves any faint vestige of relevance. Are you under the impression that I advocate killing people for being homosexual?

The point is your arguments are completely unfounded and false.

A woman can make a choice and they often do plain and simple.

Back
Top Bottom