• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What the Hell's Kitchen?

Loulit01

What We've Got Here is a Failure to Communicate
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
I found Gordon Ramsey show on Amazon Prime and I'm wondering if they really throw all that food away for trivial reasons. It looks like he's tossing excellent stuff right in the garbage. They can't stick it in to-go trays and truck it to a soup kitchen?

Laws concerning re-using food are...byzantine anwywhere. I imagine in LA especially so.

I found Gordon Ramsey show on Amazon Prime and I'm wondering if they really throw all that food away for trivial reasons. It looks like he's tossing excellent stuff right in the garbage. They can't stick it in to-go trays and truck it to a soup kitchen?
Our shop does a big feed for the holidays. We buy extra frozen turkeys to give to a shelter. One time we had extra cooked turkeys as well. When we delivered the turkeys to the shelter they told us they could take the frozen ones but not the cooked ones. We drove to the back to unload. The cooks came out to help and we commented about the cooked turkeys being refused. The cook took them himself and said that while they would not serve them as their were, they would pick the carcasses and make turkey soup out of it. The second cooking in the soup assures there is no bacterial contamination.

It is a movie show! Part of the drama is throwing the food in the trash. You really think they are going to film Ramsey in a flurry of disgust stopping to pack the food in to- go trays?? Come on!

It is a movie show! Part of the drama is throwing the food in the trash. You really think they are going to film Ramsey in a flurry of disgust stopping to pack the food in to- go trays?? Come on!
Also that food sits out, under hot lights, not refrigerated.

A recipe for food poisoning.

Also that food sits out, under hot lights, not refrigerated.
No it doesn't. Not a single hot light in the whole kitchen.
A recipe for food poisoning.
Nope. It's perfectly good. The contestant hands it to him, it doesn't look pretty, he throws it out.

Ramsey can't hand it to a gofer who walks away with it rather than throwing it out? Oh, I forgot, you're a republican.

Ramsey can't hand it to a gofer who walks away with it rather than throwing it out? Oh, I forgot, you're a republican.
Sorry, it is TV!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, it is TV!!!!!!!!!!
True I guess. I cut the cable many years ago. Only watch Amazon Prime, Netflix, and PBS. Never saw people tossing filets and lobster in the trash.

I think all the cooking shows waste a lot of food. They make a huge steak, the judges take one bite, then where does the rest go? But yeah, making money. I don't watch that stuff anymore.

No it doesn't. Not a single hot light in the whole kitchen.

Nope. It's perfectly good. The contestant hands it to him, it doesn't look pretty, he throws it out.
It's a TV set

Lots of hot lights

Yup

What trivial reasons? He typically chucks out the food if its undercooked, been sat out too long or its cooked incorrectly etc.

Solution: Keep the food and throw the shouty oaf into the garbage.

It's a TV set

Lots of hot lights

Yup
If you watch the show the food never sits anywhere. It's done it gets served or it gets thrown out. Me? I'm done with Mr. Ramsay.

If you watch the show the food never sits anywhere. It's done it gets served or it gets thrown out. Me? I'm done with Mr. Ramsay.
I was done with the false drama season 2

The novelty had worn off

just think of it as like another reality show where the star exaggerated and built an audience with the apprentice

What trivial reasons? He typically chucks out the food if its undercooked, been sat out too long or its cooked incorrectly etc.
Not correct. If something is undercooked, he will demand they finish cooking it. If it's unfixable, then it gets tossed.

"Why did the chicken cross the road? BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T ****ING COOK IT!" Gordon Ramsay

And remember this is an unscripted TV show, nothing more. There so much that goes on behind the scenes that we never see. The Chef Ramsay we see is a character he created based upon the chefs who trained him in Europe. In real life, he is a perfect gentleman. He even has a college degree in hospitality. And those Michelin stars in many of his restaurants? They're for real.

And remember this is an unscripted TV show, nothing more. There so much that goes on behind the scenes that we never see. The Chef Ramsay we see is a character he created based upon the chefs who trained him in Europe. In real life, he is a perfect gentleman. He even has a college degree in hospitality. And those Michelin stars in many of his restaurants? They're for real.

Unscripted but heavily manipulated, and occasionally even falsified.

Unscripted but heavily manipulated, and occasionally even falsified.
I couldn't believe it. My wife showed me an episode of him in Mexico- he had been dropped off on top of a dirt bowl cliff and he had to rappel down to a vehicle waiting to take him to his show venue. It was cringe-worthy.

edit- sorry, that wasn't Hell's Kitchen, that was his new show where he does a piss-poor Anthony Bourdain thing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom