• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What the hell is the President going to India for?

Josie

*probably reading smut*
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Does anyone know what exactly he's going to be doing there?

Hes working a trade deal.

Isn't that a really high-risk place to go?

Yes, I understand he has a great security team, but that doesn't mean he should go anywhere he wants. It seems like an awful lot of risk and money just to spend 10 days visiting museums and such. Can't he do business over the phone? Internet? Fax?

You're missing the point. Yes, every President travels around to other countries. However, not every President decides to go to a country where he needs 34 WARSHIPS to protect him and his crew. What is SO important that he needs to be there in person?

We could argue that we should've kept Bush in the US. Would've saved us alot of embarrassment. Barrack should stay out there and run this country by fax. LOL.

Maybe he wants to see the Indians?

Maybe he wants to see the Indians?

Then he should go to Cleveland, or he could go to the remnent territories in the mid-west but, I doubt he'd go there. I think Mellie has a point, and the military doesn't make good body guards. That's what the Secret Service is for.

You're missing the point. Yes, every President travels around to other countries. However, not every President decides to go to a country where he needs 34 WARSHIPS to protect him and his crew. What is SO important that he needs to be there in person?

Indian%20Ocean.jpg

look at the countries in the general vicinity, its not a big stretch to think that we have a lot of warships very close by. Is this really such a big deal that a few resources happen to take a small detour and keep an eye on the area since they are there already??

Again, what is SO IMPORTANT that he has to be there in person? He's putting HIS life at risk along with all of his crew. Why?

The warships are almost certainly already deployed over in that area. In fact, more likely than "OMG, need 34 warships" it's "we got ships deployed in the IO or Arabian Sea, why not do a port call during the presidents visit, offer tours and such", which is very common for things like this.

Again, what is SO IMPORTANT that he has to be there in person? He's putting HIS life at risk along with all of his crew. Why?

You are almost certainly exaggerating the risk.

You are almost certainly exaggerating the risk.

Oh really? Is that why the US military is taking every single precaution including building a kilometer-long, above-ground, bomb-proof tunnel just so Obama can go to the Ghandi Museum? The risk is real in Mumbai.

Oh really? Is that why the US military is taking every single precaution including building a kilometer-long, above-ground, bomb-proof tunnel just so Obama can go to the Ghandi Museum? The risk is real in Mumbai.

sounds to me like that tunnel will do a lot to negate that risk.

Last edited:
sounds to me like that tunnel will go far to negate that risk then.

Well, duh. But why even go to all the trouble? To see a museum??

OK, this is apparently not sinking in: pretty much all the claims about this trip are made up. Let me give you a good example:

The Pentagon did not mince words in dismissing as “absolutely absurd” and “comical” media reports from Indian news outlets that the US Navy was sending 34 warships off the coast of Mumbai as part of the security preparations for President Obama’s upcoming trip to India.

By the way, that would be about 12 % of our Navy.

Pentagon Dismisses Reports of 34 Warships for Obama Trip Security - Political Punch

I have not seen that particular claim(the tunnel) addressed, but based on the accuracy of the rest reported(ie not accurate in the least), I am doubtful this one is true either.

Why visit at all really. We only violated the NPT for them. :mrgreen:

So NO warships are going with them to protect them? To MUMBAI???

Youre just jealous cause YOU don't get to do to India. Is that what this is about?

Back
Top Bottom