• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What the hell is the deal?

Bodi

Just waiting for my set...
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
So at work we have a guy who, at a staff meeting, asked if some of the stronger men could help move chairs in a conference room. He immediately stopped himself and added that strong women were wanted to help too... well, before he almost finished some women were calling out what about us! He said ooops but I did not hear any of the smaller weaker men calling out to complain. He then added that our female leader who he called "Queen" as in title of leadership and respect but she said, lets not be gender exclusive, and that she could be a king. WTF?

They'd have fired me for laughing at the whole situation

They'd have fired me for laughing at the whole situation

I did say to some that if somebody really cared about being gender non-specific that they would call them-self a ruler instead of a king, to make the point.

Give 'em a participation trophy...:roll:

"Called her queen out of respect".

Lie.

So at work we have a guy who, at a staff meeting, asked if some of the stronger men could help move chairs in a conference room. He immediately stopped himself and added that strong women were wanted to help too... well, before he almost finished some women were calling out what about us! He said ooops but I did not hear any of the smaller weaker men calling out to complain. He then added that our female leader who he called "Queen" as in title of leadership and respect but she said, lets not be gender exclusive, and that she could be a king. WTF?

How and why is it you still work there? I would be in danger of going postal if I worked in that kind of place.

I have over 30 years experience dealing with this kind of crap. The thing to say is "Irrespective of who does it, these chairs need moved. Let's find out who the team players are." A good HR-proof comeback is "we don't need royalty around here".

Okay, I grant that, as the owner, I'm the least likely to be called out. I work at a small company where I am the only white person and the only non-liberal. There has never been a situation where I have had to watch what I say in this manner. In fact, I've had to institute rules to avoid actual offense where someone was uncomfortable speaking out.

I would have been fired by the end of that meeting for sure. I never would have been able to keep my mouth shut.

Welcome to the new age.

They are both Maori... so no racism there.

Waitaminit. You said you were in Los Angeles. Are you saying the 2 Maori folks are working with you in Los Angeles?

Waitaminit. You said you were in Los Angeles. Are you saying the 2 Maori folks are working with you in Los Angeles?

I am in New Zealand... I visit L.A. every year... I will arrive there in 5 days for the next two months of so.

I am in New Zealand... I visit L.A. every year... I will arrive there in 5 days for the next two months of so.

What are you going to do in Lower Alabama for the next to months? It's too cold for the Gulf Coast beaches.

were the chairs that heavy. that only strong people could lift them? when i had employees .. i would have said something like ALRIGHT NOW I need some of you ignorant whores to move this material . try not to stretch your assholes while moving it. but we didnt have many conferences. and my employees respected me , for treating everyone the same

What are you going to do in Lower Alabama for the next to months? It's too cold for the Gulf Coast beaches.

I love the place... then heading off to the Lesser Antilles.

Back
Top Bottom