• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What the hell happened to customer service?

Cephus

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
We had some significant roof damage on our house 3 weeks ago. We called our insurance company and got placed with an adjuster who apparently has better things to do than his job. He's supposed to return all calls within 24 hours. He has never once done so. In fact, we've had to call 3-4x every time we wanted to speak with him. He was also supposed to send out a roofer twice to get an estimate so they could process the claim. Never happened. We've gone over his head to his supervisor because apparently, he doesn't want to do the job we're paying him to do. So we went to get our own roofer and our own estimate, and this is the second roofer who has no-showed on an appointment. Both of them were supposedly highly rated roofers, both of them just flaked. As I sit here right now, the second roofer was supposed to be here at 4pm. It is now almost 6. No calls. No e-mails. No contact. I've wasted yet another day sitting around for someone who must be independently wealthy because they apparently don't need any work.

Monday, I go looking for my 3rd roofer. This is ludicrous. What ever happened to basic customer service? It seems to be extinct.

Nuts. I get about 10 cold calls a month from *$#!% roofers telling me "
Hello, we're in your neighborhood, maybe you've seen us around, and we're doing..." and I hang up. They must be too busy calling people on the no-call list to actual service the people they have :)

We had some significant roof damage on our house 3 weeks ago. We called our insurance company and got placed with an adjuster who apparently has better things to do than his job. He's supposed to return all calls within 24 hours. He has never once done so. In fact, we've had to call 3-4x every time we wanted to speak with him. He was also supposed to send out a roofer twice to get an estimate so they could process the claim. Never happened. We've gone over his head to his supervisor because apparently, he doesn't want to do the job we're paying him to do. So we went to get our own roofer and our own estimate, and this is the second roofer who has no-showed on an appointment. Both of them were supposedly highly rated roofers, both of them just flaked. As I sit here right now, the second roofer was supposed to be here at 4pm. It is now almost 6. No calls. No e-mails. No contact. I've wasted yet another day sitting around for someone who must be independently wealthy because they apparently don't need any work.

Monday, I go looking for my 3rd roofer. This is ludicrous. What ever happened to basic customer service? It seems to be extinct.
Same as talking to them on the phone anymore. You aught to hope the automated voice doesn't show up as the serviceman. :2razz:

Nuts. I get about 10 cold calls a month from *$#!% roofers telling me "
Hello, we're in your neighborhood, maybe you've seen us around, and we're doing..." and I hang up. They must be too busy calling people on the no-call list to actual service the people they have :)

Luckily, I don't have a landline so nobody calls me, but how hard can it be to show up when you're supposed to, or call and say you can't make it? It can't be that hard!

Don't you need x number of estimates (3?) and other stuff to make sure insurance covers it?

Don't you need x number of estimates (3?) and other stuff to make sure insurance covers it?

Insurance has already approved it, we just can't get *ANY* estimates, which is pissing me off.

And seriously, this stuff keeps happening. I dropped off prescriptions at the pharmacy yesterday, they said it would take a couple of hours because they were backed up. I told them I'd be back in the morning. When I got there, they said one of the things I needed was out of stock. Why the heck didn't they call me and tell me that before I drove all the way down there? Because they don't care, that's why. Now I have to go back tomorrow to get the one thing they didn't have. It's just stupid.

Word's got around. You're a lousy tipper.

Insurance has already approved it, we just can't get *ANY* estimates, which is pissing me off.

Save some of that pissed-off. ATT has been here to repair my new U-Verse wifi twice and it still ain't quite right. Getting an estimate, even repair, might not be the end of it.

I generally do not do insurance company estimates because 1) they are far too picky and 2) I do not do remodel/repair work on a fixed price basis. A good insurance company will send out their own estimator (adjuster?) and base their payment on that letting you choose and deal with the repair contractor. The last time I gave an estimate for a small roof (and resulting interior ceiling and wall damage) repair (my guesstimate was between $900 and $1200) the insurance company wanted a detailed list of material costs and precise labor hour estimates for each interior and exterior surface. I told them that I wanted $45 to do that and they refused saying that they only accepted "free" estimates. I wondered what they did for free other than to refuse estimates.

Wow! Total opposite here. We had a branch spear a 3" diameter hole through our roof and received a $4k check within a week. I fixed it for about $300 by putting a new roof vent where the hole was.

Back
Top Bottom