• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What the Derek Chauvin trial is focused on

I wrote it's m opinion, that's all.

Yes. And you wrote that the stats "All irrelevant to this case and certainly to my opinion."

So facts are irrelevant to your opinion....which is what I knew all along.

To you, facts are irrelevant. Your opinions are based on your own bigotry.

What a bunch of claptrap.

The state's nine minute narrative has fallen apart. The body cams revealed to the jury something none of them had seen - the 15 to 20 minutes prior to the restraint. Big GF, out of his mind on drugs than battling four officers to a stand-off, them giving in to his demand to lay on the street while waiting for an ambulance. The entire knee on the neck trope has been disproved by various camera angles, so much so now the prosecution says it was a knee on the "neck area" (meaning back and shoulders).

And most didn't know that Floyd had been foaming at the mouth, had stomach pains, and complaining of not being able to breathe from the moment when officers came on the scene... (symptoms of fent poisoning).

Then George Floyd’s girlfriend, the fake flower child, on cross-examination revealed that she and Floyd were drug addicts and that he had been clean for two months (losing whatever tolerance he had). In fact, Floyd overdosed on fentanyl in March 2020, just two months before his death, and spent five days in the hospital. And, by the way, his girl friend reported the same symptoms as he had on the day of his death.

And that parade Police Dept shills, the cover your ass cadre, all piss'in and moan'in making claims that Chauvin violated policy in restraining Floyd...but as far as I know not a single training document produced showed that the restraint technique used was against MPD police policy. In fact there was nothing wrong with kneeling on Floyd. That was consistent with MPD guidelines and the experts agreed it was fine. There is no MPD policy that clearly states when a person exactly when one rolls the perp to his/her side. Instead the Chief and others pontificated on how a broad and general use of force policy should be subjectively applied.

And seriously, the failure to get off a guy who is crazed with drugs and has been battling with officers for 15 minutes, and more or less winning, is murder? or manslaughter? That dog don't hunt folks.

And ya, the prosecution had some expert witnesses it brought in the preach the mantra. None (but one) having examined the body...all of them parroting the line that Fent poisioning just can't be cause...well...were experts. Yet they can't get around the fact that the Floyd had 3x the overdose of fent in his system, and the norofent suggests it wasn't his first dose of the day.

What killed GF? His 90 percent occlusion? A fent overdose? A weakened heart, accumulated organ damage, or simple exhaustion from fighting? A through the roof BP reading? Hell the experts can' even agree when he died (the ME says in the hospital, the "expert" Tobin says under Chauvin).

An objective person knows that there is a truck wide hole in the prosecution case and it is impossible to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that wrongful conduct was wrong, and a substantial causal factor. And you have to prove BOTH to convict - although as a practical matter jurys are swayed by tears and emotion as much as logic or evidence.

It didn't start simply because of this incident.

BLM claim there is a history of police brutality against black people. That is why it started.

I'm surprised that you are not aware of this fact.
Yes it did, but of course it has a history. And their claim is absolutely correct.

Too bad you misconstrue the facts to fit your bigoted agenda.

Yes. And you wrote that the stats "All irrelevant to this case and certainly to my opinion."

So facts are irrelevant to your opinion....which is what I knew all along.

To you, facts are irrelevant. Your opinions are based on your own bigotry.
That's right. I'm judging this case on Chauvin's actions alone. What's factual, verifiable, provable in court.

Whether he did it out of racist motives wont be proven...but pretty much everything else will be...and that's what the jurors will hear.

The prosecution has rested...where did they claim Chauvin was a racist? That he abused and killed GF because he was black? Did I miss that? Or are you inventing it for the convenience of your agenda?

Nope...the jury is being presented with facts and eye-witness testimony (and video). Those wont show racism...only Chauvin's actions.

Er, not a lot.

The vast majority of Americans do not riot, loot and pillage every time a black man is killed by police.

The vast majority of Americans are intelligent enough to know that most policemen are dedicated men, intent on serving their community. But of course, the police make mistakes.

Your crime rate in the US is horrendous when compared to where I live, Australia. I have also found that most Americans are not racist. Is there any other country where whites are a majority that has voted in a black person as President? There is certainly no majority black nation that has voted in a white person.
"You have found"? 😄 Well I'm sure your anecdotal evidence (based on Obama) proves that America's not plagued with racists. What you noticed is we have more intelligent, conscientious people than we have stupid racists. That's still approximately 74 million stupid racists... Which is, coincidentally, about the same amount of trump voters.

What a bunch of claptrap.

The state's nine minute narrative has fallen apart. The body cams revealed to the jury something none of them had seen - the 15 to 20 minutes prior to the restraint. Big GF, out of his mind on drugs than battling four officers to a stand-off, them giving in to his demand to lay on the street while waiting for an ambulance. The entire knee on the neck trope has been disproved by various camera angles, so much so now the prosecution says it was a knee on the "neck area" (meaning back and shoulders).

And most didn't know that Floyd had been foaming at the mouth, had stomach pains, and complaining of not being able to breathe from the moment when officers came on the scene... (symptoms of fent poisoning).

Then George Floyd’s girlfriend, the fake flower child, on cross-examination revealed that she and Floyd were drug addicts and that he had been clean for two months (losing whatever tolerance he had). In fact, Floyd overdosed on fentanyl in March 2020, just two months before his death, and spent five days in the hospital. And, by the way, his girl friend reported the same symptoms as he had on the day of his death.

And that parade Police Dept shills, the cover your ass cadre, all piss'in and moan'in making claims that Chauvin violated policy in restraining Floyd...but as far as I know not a single training document produced showed that the restraint technique used was against MPD police policy. In fact there was nothing wrong with kneeling on Floyd. That was consistent with MPD guidelines and the experts agreed it was fine. There is no MPD policy that clearly states when a person exactly when one rolls the perp to his/her side. Instead the Chief and others pontificated on how a broad and general use of force policy should be subjectively applied.

And seriously, the failure to get off a guy who is crazed with drugs and has been battling with officers for 15 minutes, and more or less winning, is murder? or manslaughter? That dog don't hunt folks.

And ya, the prosecution had some expert witnesses it brought in the preach the mantra. None (but one) having examined the body...all of them parroting the line that Fent poisioning just can't be cause...well...were experts. Yet they can't get around the fact that the Floyd had 3x the overdose of fent in his system, and the norofent suggests it wasn't his first dose of the day.

What killed GF? His 90 percent occlusion? A fent overdose? A weakened heart, accumulated organ damage, or simple exhaustion from fighting? A through the roof BP reading? Hell the experts can' even agree when he died (the ME says in the hospital, the "expert" Tobin says under Chauvin).

An objective person knows that there is a truck wide hole in the prosecution case and it is impossible to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that wrongful conduct was wrong, and a substantial causal factor. And you have to prove BOTH to convict - although as a practical matter jurys are swayed by tears and emotion as much as logic or evidence.
I guess your gunna be shocked when Chauvin goes to prison, huh.

I guess your gunna be shocked when Chauvin goes to prison, huh.

Not at all...the jury is well aware of the consequences of an acquittal. Minn. (among others) essentially are ruled by the mob on such cases.

Not at all...the jury is well aware of the consequences of an acquittal. Minn. (among others) essentially are ruled by the mob on such cases.
Do you support the conspiracy theory that Chauvin will be convicted, not because he's guilty, but because people fear the people's retaliation if he walks. Your just another conspiracy theorist.

He should not have restrained GF long enough for him to need CPR. It was obviously deliberate.

And still, we heard "excessive force experts" testifying for the defense who argued that the cop applied reasonabe force.

It makes me wonder how an average ctizen feels if his county "expert" believes in such use of police force. To me, this trial is more than just the defendant. Part of the reason we are in this situation today is because we have had "experts" like the ones who believe that the use of force that was applied to subdue Floyd was reasonable. And until I see demands of immediate resignation of such experts, I am not sure if a single conviction could be enough to change the culture of excessive police force.

And still, we heard "excessive force experts" testifying for the defense who argued that the cop applied reasonabe force.

It makes me wonder how an average citizen feels if his county "expert" believes in such use of police force. To me, this trial is more than just the defendant. Part of the reason we are in this situation today is because we have had "experts" like the ones who believe that the use of force that was applied to subdue Floyd was reasonable. And until I see demands of immediate resignation of such experts, I am not sure if a single conviction could be enough to change the culture of excessive police force.

How about just define all physical force that is unnecessary to save someone's life or health excessive? That does not include handcuffimg a suspect during an arrest, of course.

..the jury is well aware of the consequences of an acquittal.

They sure are.

The consequences would be yet more looting, rioting and pillaging of US cities.

Some may feel it's better to sacrifice one man than for thousands to suffer.

Justice was denied to two whites when the verdict was announced in the OJ trial, so there is a history of this kind of thinking.

Whether he did it out of racist motives wont be proven

So why all the outrage from BLM?

Why the riots, looting and pillaging and endless black people on TV playing the victim?

The BLM racists obviously decided that the cops actions WERE race based even though there is absolutely no evidence that he did act out of racism.

And, of course, the stats I previously linked to show, without any doubt, that far more whites are killed by the cops than blacks.....even though blacks are FOUR times more likely than whites to murder someone.

BLM and other racists who love to play the victim should remember that most blacks are killed by other blacks and only less than one percent are killed by the cops.

BLM should spend more time on improving the shocking crime rate in black communities rather than playing the victim and the race card, which is totally dog eared from overuse.

Do you support the conspiracy theory that Chauvin will be convicted, not because he's guilty, but because people fear the people's retaliation if he walks. Your just another conspiracy theorist.

Er, you need to buy a dictionary.

That would be an opinion or prediction......not a conspiracy.

FYI : conspire : "make secret plans jointly to commit an unlawful or harmful act"

FYI : conspire : "make secret plans jointly to commit an unlawful or harmful act"
Even if he is convicted they way the Judge has acted in this case leaves much grounds for an appeal.

Er, BLM was formed in 2013.

You seem clueless regarding your own history.

I got a virus warning when I tried to open it.

There's this tho, after a gap of 6 yrs:
The movement returned to national headlines and gained further international attention[13] during the global George Floyd protests in 2020 following the killing of George Floyd by Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin.​

Regardless, the protests didnt ramp up again until the GF murder, and that's when protests went national.

So why all the outrage from BLM?

Why the riots, looting and pillaging and endless black people on TV playing the victim?

The BLM racists obviously decided that the cops actions WERE race based even though there is absolutely no evidence that he did act out of racism.

And, of course, the stats I previously linked to show, without any doubt, that far more whites are killed by the cops than blacks.....even though blacks are FOUR times more likely than whites to murder someone.
I dont speak for BLM. I am speaking out re: murder and I dont care what color murderer or victim is.

I do know that the cops have enough history and stats to show a disproportionate focus on black males and I dont blame them at all for being fed up. When the pendulum swings...it takes a long time to return to the middle.

Admit it. You are theorizing a conspiracy is happening, behind the scenes, at the Chauvin trial. Your theorizing that everyone is going to convict Chauvin, not because he's guilty, but because there will be mayhem if he's not. That's what you claimed in post 157. Now you wanna walk that backwards? You need to stand by the things you say.

You need to stand by the things you say.

Lol! I haven't changed a thing, as you well know.

Millions of people in the USA, who don't know each other, being concerned that riots, looting and pillaging (and probably a few shootings of police) happening if the BLM mob and their hangers on don't get the result they deserve, is not a conspiracy.

I suggest you read the definition I posted of what a conspiracy actually is.

I suspect that Chauvin will be let down by the US justice system in your country, just as the family of the victims of OJ Simpson were similarly let down.

I dont speak for BLM.

Nobody has suggested that you do.

But you obviously agree with that mob of racists as you said "their claim is absolutely correct."

The stats show that far more whites are killed by the police than blacks......even though blacks are FOUR times more likely to commit murder than whites.

BLM (have you noticed that their name contains a colour?) are only interested in blacks so are racist by definition.

Only racists support a racist movement.

BLM should concentrate on those who are killing black people ie. other blacks, who murder 90% of blacks who are murdered. Cops are responsible for less than 1% of blacks killed. I am sure that stats will show that of that 1%, many were killed by black cops or in circumstances where the cop cannot be blamed.

BLM is obviously an organisation used by black people to claim that they are victims of racism.

The violent rampages and murders of cops by BLM and their supporters is quite disgusting and blatantly racist.

Lol! I haven't changed a thing, as you well know.

Millions of people in the USA, who don't know each other, being concerned that riots, looting and pillaging (and probably a few shootings of police) happening if the BLM mob and their hangers on don't get the result they deserve, is not a conspiracy.

I suggest you read the definition I posted of what a conspiracy actually is.

I suspect that Chauvin will be let down by the US justice system in your country, just as the family of the victims of OJ Simpson were similarly let down.
Chauvin's going to be convicted because he's guilty. But you just go right ahead and keep pushing your conspiracy theory. It's adorable.

Back
Top Bottom