• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

What the Bible Says About Liberals (Wow!)

I'm sorry for your troubles, but I see they haven't distracted you from your single-minded quest to demonize (literally) those whose politics lean left.
Remember when Obama was nominated by the DNC in Denver, and you thought that statue of a Denver Bronco in the background was the "pale horse" of the Apocalypse?
Remember when you earnestly suggested Oprah Winfrey was the Antichrist?

It's good to have a hobby, I suppose.
I'd hoped you'd found a more productive one than finding Satan lurking behind every drapery and beneath each dust ruffle.

Yes I do remember those things, 10, and what happened then was that I was reading the Left Behind books (which yes, I know are fiction) at the time of the elections, and yeah, that was just an extremely unfortunate coincidence for me (and y'all) and so I said something like Is Oprah acting a bit like the AntiChrist. Because surly you guys know the generic idea of it being someone that the whole world will love and accept and that was around the time about that video came out where she said God was jealous of her... Yeah, that was a conversation starter that blew up real bad. X_X And you guys know how it looked like the world seemingly fell in love with Obama overnight and how they were calling him saviour and stuff and messing around? Come on no matter where you stand you have to have noticed it and know what I mean. Well I was reading the books and suddenly that happened, and yeah, my imagination ran away with me during that Roman pillar Obama speech. >_<

I've prayed about it, and I apologized to Jesus for that, and I truly recognize how serious that was. I think I'm supposed to be waiting for Christ, NOT AntiChrist, and so I don't worry about it anymore. And to be clear, no I don't beleave Obama or Oprah are the AntiChrist.
And by the way 10, even though you were kind of mean to me all the time, I missed you too. :)

Last edited:
Yes I do remember those things, 10, and what happened then was that I was reading the Left Behind books (which yes, I know are fiction) at the time of the elections, and yeah, that was just an extremely unfortunate coincidence for me (and y'all) and so I said something like Is Oprah acting a bit like the AntiChrist. Because surly you guys know the generic idea of it being someone that the whole world will love and accept and that was around the time about that video came out where she said God was jealous of her... Yeah, that was a conversation starter that blew up real bad. X_X And you guys know how it looked like the world seemingly fell in love with Obama overnight and how they were calling him saviour and stuff and messing around? Come on no matter where you stand you have to have noticed it and know what I mean. Well I was reading the books and suddenly that happened, and yeah, my imagination ran away with me during that Roman pillar Obama speech. >_<

I've prayed about it, and I apologized to Jesus for that, and I truly recognize how serious that was. I think I'm supposed to be waiting for Christ, NOT AntiChrist, and so I don't worry about it anymore.
And by the way 10, even though you were kind of mean to me all the time, I missed you too. :)

I reject the idea that pointing out the misguided foolishness of these assertions was "kind of mean". You yourself admit they were bizarre.

I was listening to the Bible on CD and I heard something I've never heard before. It was kind of shocking actually, because I wasn't expecting it, and I've never heard it preached. In Isaiah 32, he's describing what it will be like when Jesus rules.

What I think it's saying is that when Jesus comes back, some people who act like that will be calling themselves liberal and he'll put a stop to them calling themselves that (because they are liars)

There are some people who do act like that, that do call themselves liberal. If that was to literally happen right now, it is actually possible that it could. I don't think it's saying it's bad to be liberal, but that those kind of people Isaiah is describing are decieving people and calling themselves that.

I'm amazed because it describes the atheists and people who don't believe in God as liberals (as in speak error against the Lord) and they do call themselves liberal.

I'm not posting this to offend any democrats honestly, but I mean, I find it very interesting, as in :O.

Any thoughts? Is the left = Liberal and Right = Conservative accepted all over the world?

To the bolded. . . . No.

Every country, culture, society in our current time has a different idea of "liberal/conservative/left/right" and so on . . . and it's changed unbelievably over the centuries.

BibleGateway.com: A searchable online Bible in over 100 versions and 50 languages.

Whenever you read something in one version you *should* read it in other versions as well - differences in words, context and meaning changes dramatically and gives all new meaning sometimes.

Example - other than noble/liberal as already pointed out - is 'princes' instead of 'ruler' :shrug:

With all this multi-meaning going on over the *one same book* it's amazing that Bible-based nominations have survived so long.

This change, though, varies a little less now that we have the dictionary and the varous meanings of words can be referred to and adhered to with a standard.
But even then - things change.

Last edited:
I reject the idea that pointing out the misguided foolishness of these assertions was "kind of mean". You yourself admit they were bizarre.

Nah, I didn't mean the AC stuff, I meant during my whole time on the Forum. I remember when we first "met" when we both posted in a topic about a man "attacking" a woman, and I don't think you liked what I said in that thread, or my opinion on that whole subject in general, which is perfectly fine with me, you're welcome to post anything you like. :) At least that's my understanding of how it happened.

Man, I can't even recall who said what on this forum from a week ago. I give everybody a clean break each thread and try to leave all that baggage behind. That's a lot to carry around.

The 70's were pretty hard on me.

Man, I can't even recall who said what on this forum from a week ago. I give everybody a clean break each thread and try to leave all that baggage behind. That's a lot to carry around.

The 70's were pretty hard on me.

That and you don't have a reptilian desire to tear into people who expose the slightest weakness. :shrug:

that's more of a mammalian trait than a reptilian one.

How about we agree on a hybrid?

v-diana.jpg

I agree it's a lot of baggage and every day is a new day. :) I'm not mad at 10 or anything, and I'm not worried about any of that old stuff. I just wanted to let her know I missed her also. ^^

That and you don't have a reptilian desire to tear into people who expose the slightest weakness. :shrug:

Well, to me, doing that (ripping just to rip,) is, in and of itself, a weakness. I have other weaknesses I suppose. I will love anybody that will let me. I really do live in a fantasy world unshakably believing that anybody can get along with just about anybody else with a lil' effort. I know sometimes, no matter how hard I try, it just don't work out. But I keep believin'.

I agree it's a lot of baggage and every day is a new day. :) I'm not mad at 10 or anything, and I'm not worried about any of that old stuff. I just wanted to let her know I missed her also. ^^

So. Now that we have all played kissy face and made up, what's the chances that me, you, and 10, get naked and jump in the hot tub? :mrgreen:

What? I'm just tryin' to spead some love!?!?!! :3oops:

So. Now that we have all played kissy face and made up, what's the chances that me, you, and 10, get naked and jump in the hot tub? :mrgreen:

What? I'm just tryin' to spead some love!?!?!! :3oops:

Not sure how to respond to this, but no thank you... I don't do these conversations. ^^ No offence to you, I just don't. :)

Not sure how to respond to this...

Try pressing your index fingertip against the left corner of your mouth, and then pushing it up toward your cheek. Then take your other index finger and do the same to the right side of your mouth.
That's called a smile, and it's the appropriate response to a joke.

What do you mean Star?

You read(listen to) the bible (a poorly translated version) without an understanding of history and context, then try to apply random verses to modern life. It's like opening a fortune cookie and seeing meaning in what it says.

Here are some facts for the road:

1. The Bible is not A single Book. It's a collection of short books, poetry, prose, histories, letters and FICTIONAL WRITING.

2. Much of the bible is figurative and not meant to be taken literally. (e.g. Adam and Eve -- this story teaches us about man, a sexual being, and children(innocence) growing up and becoming aware of their sexuality(shame, temptation). -- Yet, some joker decided to open a museum with cavemen riding dinosaurs further spreading creationism bull****)

3. The bible can teach us a lot about the nature of man by looking at the various ways we portray our Western Civ myth concept of God, loving, vengeful, forgiving, etc. The storyteller attempting to make the infinite being, finite by giving him a personality, making him a character in our stories--just like the Greeks, Romans, and Pagans with their Gods.

4. The bible is filled with archaic codes, laws, and traditions -- cherry picking one of them and applying it to modern day is moronic and dishonest.

(And the evangelicals really hate this one.)
5. The books contained in the bible are the stories and letters approved for public reading by the early CATHOLIC CHURCH.

5. The books contained in the bible are the stories and letters approved for public reading by the early CATHOLIC CHURCH.

Constantine and the Council of Nicaea? ;)
Mayhaps someone's been reading too much Dan Brown.

It is not one storyteller. You know it was written by many people during their very real lives, and all together it makes a beatiful history book, and Testimony of God and his Son, and the lengths they went to to reconcile us to them. There is so much we can learn about our creator through it. If you really want to know God he will show you, but you have to humble yourself first. If you don't understand why he did what he did in the OT, whatever bothers you, just ask him why? Say yes, I don't know everything, because I was just born __ years ago, but I do want to be good, but what is good? Do not go on hearsay, but do it from your own heart, just you and him.

He is my heavenly father and he's been there since I can remember, and I know for a fact if men truly knew Jesus, they would love him, so so much. But since they do not know him, they mock and ridicule his name, and what they don't understand. He was in the OT stories as well, I can recognize him there. I know the Bible was written by many and pieced together, but to me it was written by one, and that is the Holy Spirit.

Christians die every day, and the Catholic church killed many many people who knew Christ. I'm sorry to bring them in all of a sudden, but it's the honest to goodness truth. The Romans did it in the Collesium when they fed Christians to the lions. Why wouldn't those Christians join those churches or do what they asked and renounce Christ? It's because if you are in Christ and truly know him, you can't fall away. The truth is in your heart and nothing can take it from you. Now it's Shariah Law that does it, but the Gospel will never be defeated, no matter how much the devil tries. He's already lost anyway, at Calvary, and he knows it.

All those evangelists you hate so much are trying to do, is introduce you to the greatest friend you could ever know. That's it.

Yes, I make mistakes and say things I shouldn't say, but that's just human. And Captain I'm so sorry, and if figured it was just a joke but if it was in RL, I probably would smile shyly and go No thanks :) if we were friends. It's a bit different for me online, but that's me and how I react you know? ^^

Christians die every day, and the Catholic church killed many many people who knew Christ. I'm sorry to bring them in all of a sudden, but it's the honest to goodness truth. The Romans did it in the Collesium when they fed Christians to the lions. Why wouldn't those Christians join those churches or do what they asked and renounce Christ? It's because if you are in Christ and truly know him, you can't fall away. The truth is in your heart and nothing can take it from you. Now it's Shariah Law that does it, but the Gospel will never be defeated, no matter how much the devil tries. He's already lost anyway, at Calvary, and he knows it.

Where's a pit of lions when you need one? :doh

Where's a pit of lions when you need one? :doh

John 15:17-19 (King James Version)

17These things I command you, that ye love one another.

18If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.

19If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

20Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.

21But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me.

Last edited:
No living creature is exempt from the wrath of god. Not even butterflies.

And what does a butterfly do to piss off BOB (Big Omnipotent Buddy)?
Slurp up the wrong nectar with its wicked little proboscis? :mrgreen:

And what does a butterfly do to piss off BOB (Big Omnipotent Buddy)?
Slurp up the wrong nectar with its wicked little proboscis? :mrgreen:

It pisses of the birds and bees moving in on their sexual encounters.;)

It's an attack because I'm a Christian, and a liberal, and you were trying to make the connection using scripture that liberals are liars, and vile scum. If it wasn't an attack you should of worded it as a question, not a statement.

If there is an error in your ways, then repent. Don't get offended.

If there is an error in your ways, then repent. Don't get offended.

Great advice! However, one should strive to interpret the bible in the way God intended. I think in this case, the application of the word liberal was misunderstood given the fact that this word or a similar concept does not appear in other translations of the passage.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom