• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What the Bathroom Wars are Really All About

I did. I never said they didn't. You said they've been doing it for ions. You can't prove this nor can you prove that no incidents took place. That was the point. You've double downed again, and I say this has not been proven. But lets just be agreeable and say that you feel that the incidents that may have occurred are negligible in comparison to the stink being made. I might accept that. But then, let us ask, how many is too many? If it was your child accosted I can only guess that you'd well with righteous indignation. Right? I'd be down right murderous. I don't want to be murderous, so it is better not to capitulate to and thereby become complicit in codifying this poppycock.

See. this is what I find poppycock.

"how many is too many"... really? I mean you really think that people that are WILLING TO ACCOST A CHILD.. for which the penalty? Not so good. Are going to be deterred by a fine for using the "wrong" bathroom.

"Gee.. I was going to dress up as a woman and go into a bathroom to fondle a girls genitals... but GOSH.. I might get in trouble for using the wrong bathroom?"

Come now.

See. this is what I find poppycock.

"how many is too many"... really? I mean you really think that people that are WILLING TO ACCOST A CHILD.. for which the penalty? Not so good. Are going to be deterred by a fine for using the "wrong" bathroom.

"Gee.. I was going to dress up as a woman and go into a bathroom to fondle a girls genitals... but GOSH.. I might get in trouble for using the wrong bathroom?"

Come now.

I'm not sure if I'm more amused by this mess's knee jerk reaction at the beginning or the undeserved smugness at the end. Decisions. Decisions.

Well, seeing as every smelly internet troll the World Wide Web over thinks accosting a child is a prerequisite to the priesthood by the way they bring that nonsense up every time the word "Catholic" is even hinted at -- you really got to stop and think.

Nothing will deter the sick ****s but you certainly don't create an environment where camouflage is provided and pretext is given.

Come now indeed. Ha!

Okay...I friggin read this whole stupid "article" from some ridiculously biased source and I know for a fact that I wasted a part of my life for absolutely nothing.

See the opening paragraph:

The so-called bathroom wars have nothing to do with bathrooms but are all about war. The push to allow a person to use the bathroom of his or her choice is merely the latest phase of the sexual revolution. It is part of a relentless war to bring about an irrational equality that now seeks to break down the final public barriers that make the sexes different.

The inane usage of the now-common buzz word "war" is beyond embarrassing and borders on just being childishly ignorant.

Don't bother reading that crap. It's stupidity that you've seen over and over again on so many levels.
Look at that opening sentence. :roll::doh

CT forum nonsense that for sure would feel right at home with the "chemtrails" threads and 9-11 threads.

Okay...I friggin read this whole stupid "article" from some ridiculously biased source and I know for a fact that I wasted a part of my life for absolutely nothing.

See the opening paragraph:

The inane usage of the now-common buzz word "war" is beyond embarrassing and borders on just being childishly ignorant.

Don't bother reading that crap. It's stupidity that you've seen over and over again on so many levels.
Look at that opening sentence. :roll::doh

CT forum nonsense that for sure would feel right at home with the "chemtrails" threads and 9-11 threads.

Everyone should note that this....ahem...review, of the featured article doesn't actually refute anything, doesn't counter any point made, doesn't defend any contrary position...it's just kinda sorta a big ol' temper tantrum.

:lamo

What the Bathroom Wars are Really All About - Crisis Magazine

Best article I've read that explains exactly what is going on.

(read it in its entirety before you post.. it will take 3 min at most, if you don't want to invest your time into reading it, don't waste my time responding.)

The article is a conspiracy theory written by someone who doesn't understand the issue. Thank you for instructing me to waste my time in reading it.

Everyone should note that this....ahem...review, of the featured article doesn't actually refute anything, doesn't counter any point made, doesn't defend any contrary position...it's just kinda sorta a big ol' temper tantrum.

:lamo

Problem is, it is NEVER appropriate to try to dispute a conspiracy theory. Conspiracy theories are absurd. One does not try to dispute them. One points out that they are absurd, mocks them, and moves on.

The article is a conspiracy theory written by someone who doesn't understand the issue. Thank you for instructing me to waste my time in reading it.

No, it's not.

Problem is, it is NEVER appropriate to try to dispute a conspiracy theory. Conspiracy theories are absurd. One does not try to dispute them. One points out that they are absurd, mocks them, and moves on.

Funny thing...every time a member of the Unthinking Left come up against a position they can't argue against? Same damn play....

No, it's not.

Yeah, it is. It ignores what the issue is about and presents some idiotic and ignorant conservative opinion. It's not even insightful as it's position has been presented plenty of times and shown to completely miss the point.

Funny thing...every time a member of the Unthinking Left come up against a position they can't argue against? Same damn play....

When ignorant conspiracy theory conservatives come up with something idiotic and absurd and then demand that this idiocy and absurdity be proven wrong, it is always best to just point out that the position is idiotic and absurd. One never argues facts with conspiracy theorists. Facts are facts. One ALWAYS argues tactics with conspiracy theorists. The article was standard conservative blame and fear. It presented no valid information.

Yeah, it is. It ignores what the issue is about and presents some idiotic and ignorant conservative opinion. It's not even insightful as it's position has been presented plenty of times and shown to completely miss the point.

Uh uh...You're just giving more of the same...

The point?

The point is made in the part I quoted and put in the OP.

THAT is the point.

The point?

THAT is the point.
The point has been noted and discarded.

The point?

THAT is the point.

And that is the absurd conspiracy theory that misses the point of what the issue is really about.

When ignorant conspiracy theory conservatives come up with something idiotic and absurd and then demand that this idiocy and absurdity be proven wrong, it is always best to just point out that the position is idiotic and absurd. One never argues facts with conspiracy theorists. Facts are facts. One ALWAYS argues tactics with conspiracy theorists. The article was standard conservative blame and fear. It presented no valid information.

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man...

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man...

Tell me Chez... and forget the article. What do you believe that the "bathroom wars" is really about?

And that is the absurd conspiracy theory that misses the point of what the issue is really about.

poppycock

It nails it on the head.

You don't go calling some one riding around on a stick pony with his hand in his breast coat claiming himself the Emperor, Napoleon, do ya? No. You lock his ass up and get him on meds.

Same dif.

Tell me Chez... and forget the article. What do you believe that the "bathroom wars" is really about?

About wishing that which isn't so, so and expecting all of us to play along.

poppycock

It nails it on the head.

You don't go calling some one riding around on a stick pony with his hand in his breast coat claiming himself the Emperor, Napoleon, do ya? No. You lock his ass up and get him on meds.

Same dif.

Actually, it isn't the same thing. Please don't tell me that you are one of those who is completely ignorant on the issues of transsexuality. We rarely agree, but you usually don't come across as uneducated or willfully ignorant like many do on this issue.

About wishing that which isn't so, so and expecting all of us to play along.

OK... so you ARE one of "those" that I described in post #68. Disappointing.

OK... so you ARE one of "those" that I described in post #68. Disappointing.

As I'm saying in a not so round about way I don't see "transexuality" as anything but a mental disorder.

the genesis of which, is not my job to discover.

"You people..."

Shoe fits, Chez. I work with transsexuals on a daily basis and know more about them and what governs their issues from an informational and clinical standpoint than probably anyone else on this forum. When I see someone say something as ignorant as what you said in post #67, I'm going to put you in the grouping of those who are ignorant on this topic. Your position is ignorant and absurd. There are two ways to deal with that: educate you or point out that ignorance and absurdity. If you want the former, I am happy to answer questions. I did for several people last month, wrote several very detailed posts and provided lots of links. If you want the latter, I will also provide that.

As I'm saying in a not so round about way I don't see "transexuality" as anything but a mental disorder.

And you'd be wrong about that. Transsexuality has nothing to do with one's mental status or psychology. It has to do with biology. One's RESPONSE can create psychological issues, but that is not in any way the same as saying that transsexuality is a mental disorder. It's not.

the genesis of which, is not my job to discover.

Of course it isn't. But you might want to ask yourself where your position comes from. Does it come from information and research or does it come from your own opinion that isn't based on a study of the issue?

Shoe fits, Chez. I work with transsexuals on a daily basis and know more about them and what governs their issues from an informational and clinical standpoint than probably anyone else on this forum. When I see someone say something as ignorant as what you said in post #67, I'm going to put you in the grouping of those who are ignorant on this topic. Your position is ignorant and absurd. There are two ways to deal with that: educate you or point out that ignorance and absurdity. If you want the former, I am happy to answer questions. I did for several people last month, wrote several very detailed posts and provided lots of links. If you want the latter, I will also provide that.

#67 was incomplete, but still fitting, you don't have to be in your right mind to wish something so.

an offshoot of Schizophrenia or something of the like.

*** or a serious chemical imbalance****

#67 was incomplete, but still fitting, you don't have to be in your right mind to wish something so.

an offshoot of Schizophrenia or something of the like.

*** or a serious chemical imbalance****

Nope. You have no knowledge of the issue. NONE for you to say what you just did. So, I will ask again: would you like to learn more about this, or do you want to remain uneducated on it? Your choice and it will govern how I respond. I have learned a long time ago that it makes no sense to try to educate those whom have no desire to be educated.

Back
Top Bottom