• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What the Bathroom Wars are Really All About

It's faux outrage that the Republocrats can use as a talking point in order to pretend that there is some difference between the R and D. But it's null. Transgendered folk were already using the bathroom of the gender they associate with.

No, but that's a wonderful example of using cynicism to silence criticism.

Hah!

You really don't have any supporting evidence of the article's assertions, do you?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

The assertions and conclusions are actually self evident.

But, you've still not said a word...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

The assertions and conclusions are actually self evident.

But, you've still not said a word...
There is no 'self-evidence', only a 'lack of evidence'. But I won't dance around anymore, nor crap on your thread.

The assertions are at best "unproven", and that's being kind.

So carry-on as you see fit.

It's faux outrage that the Republocrats can use as a talking point in order to pretend that there is some difference between the R and D. But it's null. Transgendered folk were already using the bathroom of the gender they associate with.

Bingo.. and now we get to argue about having women or men (well really women because no guy is really going to really care that a man that used to be a woman is using the toilet), prove their identity before being allowed into a restroom.

What I think is offensive.. simply because of the whole stupidity of it.. is the idea that "now women are going to be raped in the bathroom".

Cripes.. if a person plans on raping a woman.. do they really think he is going to be deterred because there is a sign saying "women only".

What the Bathroom Wars are Really All About - Crisis Magazine

Best article I've read that explains exactly what is going on.

(read it in its entirety before you post.. it will take 3 min at most, if you don't want to invest your time into reading it, don't waste my time responding.)

I would point out that few if any states explicitly have laws regarding restroom usage so right now a man using the women's restroom and vice versa isn't illegal though there may be other laws that might apply. So the "last barriers" the author's worrying about may never have been there in the first place.

More generally we have many much more important things to worry about. This dopey sideshow needs to be put to bed. It's a waste of time and energy.

You must have missed the Teletubbies fiasco of 2000.

I remember that, Tinky Winky was gay. Something about being purple and carrying a bag. My son was 4 and my daughter 1. I miss watching Sesame Street. I still remember watching Morgan Freeman on the Electric Company.

There is no 'self-evidence', only a 'lack of evidence'. But I won't dance around anymore, nor crap on your thread.

The assertions are at best "unproven", and that's being kind.

So carry-on as you see fit.

Certainly there is.

This whole thing is madness.

Unproven? They're happening all around us.

I always do, thanks!

I would point out that few if any states explicitly have laws regarding restroom usage so right now a man using the women's restroom and vice versa isn't illegal though there may be other laws that might apply. So the "last barriers" the author's worrying about may never have been there in the first place.

More generally we have many much more important things to worry about. This dopey sideshow needs to be put to bed. It's a waste of time and energy.

It is here in IL. (or was, can't say for sure what it is now) I think the confusion here is that people are focused in on what's legal. The Law isn't the end all be all. The Law allowed for the mess that took place in 2008 to happen. The Law allowed that, allowed millions to lose their jobs and homes, allowed a global economic meltdown -- that's what happens when you look to the Law as the end all be all for what is right.

While I agree the whole thing is bat **** crazy, the quote in my OP being a perfect summation of my view, I am one helluva a multi-tasker...:)

I think it is an attempt at a distraction of the general public away from how disgustingly corrupt and rigged our democratic process is (and it is REALLY obvious this year/election/cycle)...

No, but that's a wonderful example of using cynicism to silence criticism.

I'm not silencing criticism, people are free to complain. The criticism is stupid though, transgendered folk have been using the bathroom of the gender they identify with already. There was no effect. The brouhaha is nothing more than political Kabuki theater. Some stage for the Republocrats to stand upon, trying to score cheap political points and promoting the illusion that there is somehow a difference between the two branches of the Main Party.

It is here in IL. (or was, can't say for sure what it is now) I think the confusion here is that people are focused in on what's legal. The Law isn't the end all be all. The Law allowed for the mess that took place in 2008 to happen. The Law allowed that, allowed millions to lose their jobs and homes, allowed a global economic meltdown -- that's what happens when you look to the Law as the end all be all for what is right.

While I agree the whole thing is bat **** crazy, the quote in my OP being a perfect summation of my view, I am one helluva a multi-tasker...:)
You know ChezC3, while I disagree with the article I do very-much agree with you where I bolded.

And it's thought like this which has also given rise to Mr. Trump & Sen. Sanders - i.e., "the system is rigged".

So I'm with you, there.

I think it is an attempt at a distraction of the general public away from how disgustingly corrupt and rigged our democratic process is (and it is REALLY obvious this year/election/cycle)...

Exactly. This is nothing more than standard Republocrat misdirection.

Couldn't disagree more. It's not the "next phase" of some master plan. It's an election year noise maker. Now that gay marriage has been upheld there needs to be a new group of "oppressed" who need saving.

Ho hum. I could give a **** about what bathroom a transgendered person uses. I could also give a **** about all of the loonies out there crying about how oppressive it supposedly is to have to use a bathroom that is specific to a person's birth gender. Cry me a river... or piss me a river. I don't care!

P.S. This is the lamest election year wedge issue I have ever seen.

Could you please stop staying stuff better than me?

What the Bathroom Wars are Really All About - Crisis Magazine

Best article I've read that explains exactly what is going on.

(read it in its entirety before you post.. it will take 3 min at most, if you don't want to invest your time into reading it, don't waste my time responding.)

It is astonishing what passes for deep thought in this day and age where anyone can be published.

One, there is no case there. The entire "war" theme is an invented theme to continue to drive a wedge between the American people. Two, there is no evidence. Canada, Holland, France, Germany and a few others resolved all this horse**** between 15 and 20 years ago. In that time, not one of the boogie man fears has ever happened.

I find it astonishing that these fear mongers have not stopped to consider what transgendered people have been doing until now. No one has paused to consider if it makes sense. The biggest boogie in this woogie is that some degenerate man will dress up as a woman and....no one really says what this cross dresser will do, but it's bad for "THE CHILDREN"

So bad in fact that after 20 years of this practice, never once has this ever occurred.

I'm not silencing criticism, people are free to complain. The criticism is stupid though, transgendered folk have been using the bathroom of the gender they identify with already. There was no effect. The brouhaha is nothing more than political Kabuki theater. Some stage for the Republocrats to stand upon, trying to score cheap political points and promoting the illusion that there is somehow a difference between the two branches of the Main Party.

Sure you are. You've done it again here, "the criticism is stupid" To you perhaps, but by saying this your saying that people who take issue are stupid for complaining. It's dismissive. This is an anecdotal (at best) statement. The sad thing is is that your first 3 sentences take away from a very spot on 4th. Social issues have always been used as a distraction. To take people's eyes off an abuse or usurp of power or some fanciful economic ass rape. That doesn't take away from the very real issue of society degrading and spiraling down into madness however. It cheapens and diminishes the person allowing for the further commodification. All things are "equal" there is no right or wrong there is no black and white there is no muslim or christian there is no man or woman, just produce and consume you carbon based organic pieces of ****!

Sure you are. You've done it again here, "the criticism is stupid" To you perhaps, but by saying this your saying that people who take issue are stupid for complaining. It's dismissive. This is an anecdotal (at best) statement. The sad thing is is that your first 3 sentences take away from a very spot on 4th. Social issues have always been used as a distraction. To take people's eyes off an abuse or usurp of power or some fanciful economic ass rape. That doesn't take away from the very real issue of society degrading and spiraling down into madness however. It cheapens and diminishes the person allowing for the further commodification. All things are "equal" there is no right or wrong there is no black and white there is no muslim or christian there is no man or woman, just produce and consume you carbon based organic pieces of ****!

That's not silencing cricisms, I'm not stopping, or even attempting to stop, anyone from complaining. Just pointing out the fact that the cricism is stupid since this exact thing has been going on for some time now with no effect and that the Party is using this as a wedge issue. Smoke and mirrors to make us not pay attention to the important issues while promoting the illusion that the Republocrats are different. They're not. And there are far greater things to consider/worry about than some tranny using a bathroom you don't like.

But if people wish to be distracted as such, that's up to them. However, the criticism is stupid and plays right into the hands of the establishment.

It is astonishing what passes for deep thought in this day and age where anyone can be published.

One, there is no case there. The entire "war" theme is an invented theme to continue to drive a wedge between the American people. Two, there is no evidence. Canada, Holland, France, Germany and a few others resolved all this horse**** between 15 and 20 years ago. In that time, not one of the boogie man fears has ever happened.

I find it astonishing that these fear mongers have not stopped to consider what transgendered people have been doing until now. No one has paused to consider if it makes sense. The biggest boogie in this woogie is that some degenerate man will dress up as a woman and....no one really says what this cross dresser will do, but it's bad for "THE CHILDREN"

So bad in fact that after 20 years of this practice, never once has this ever occurred.

I hear ya, how the NYT is still in print baffles the **** out of me.

Sure there is. Cynicism was already employed. Repetitive but not to the point.

No one says what the degenerate will do because it can be left unsaid..

I will go further and expose the hypocrisy of the proponents of this as most if not all educational institutes who are trying to promote this demand that a student play sports assigned to their biological gender. That is, a boy cannot play on the girls basketball team but he can take a shower in the girls locker room. It is so completely ****ing asinine that I can't even fathom that this has to be discussed.

Transgenders are mentally ill. Your gender is your biology. People need to grow the **** up and learn to accept the world isn't going to turn your way and yes, you're going to have to accept being told "No". Your fantasies are not going to be given credibility. They're going to be medicated.

That's not silencing cricisms, I'm not stopping, or even attempting to stop, anyone from complaining. Just pointing out the fact that the cricism is stupid since this exact thing has been going on for some time now with no effect and that the Party is using this as a wedge issue. Smoke and mirrors to make us not pay attention to the important issues while promoting the illusion that the Republocrats are different. They're not. And there are far greater things to consider/worry about than some tranny using a bathroom you don't like.

But if people wish to be distracted as such, that's up to them. However, the criticism is stupid and plays right into the hands of the establishment.

Sure it is. I mean I give a rat's ass what you or anyone thinks but there are others who won't comment for fear of being called stupid, or racist, or a bigot or (add your dismissive insult here) You can keep offering up statements like that but until there is that little thing called "proof" I'm not gonna let it pass. I've watched many (nd by many all that I've seen) crossdressers at 3am in a diner (Clarke's on Belmont in the heart of Boystown, there I one upped ya!) get up from their table and enter the Mens Room. There, see? I just BAM! smacked your **** down.

Me personally am for unisex bathrooms that are single use. I can't tell you the number of times I've done the pee pee dance waiting while a women's restroom was available while the men's was occupied. (IL state law makes it a no no to go into another genders facilities)

I understand again that you're aggravated with the slight of hand, however people tend to go towards things they feel they can have a say. Most not understanding the complexities and nuances of the ass raping that they're inevitably going to have to endure anyway.

Sure it is. I mean I give a rat's ass what you or anyone thinks but there are others who won't comment for fear of being called stupid, or racist, or a bigot or (add your dismissive insult here) You can keep offering up statements like that but until there is that little thing called "proof" I'm not gonna let it pass. I've watched many (nd by many all that I've seen) crossdressers at 3am in a diner (Clarke's on Belmont in the heart of Boystown, there I one upped ya!) get up from their table and enter the Mens Room. There, see? I just BAM! smacked your **** down.

Me personally am for unisex bathrooms that are single use. I can't tell you the number of times I've done the pee pee dance waiting while a women's restroom was available while the men's was occupied. (IL state law makes it a no no to go into another genders facilities)

I understand again that you're aggravated with the slight of hand, however people tend to go towards things they feel they can have a say. Most not understanding the complexities and nuances of the ass raping that they're inevitably going to have to endure anyway.

You didn't smack anything down. Just because some may have used the bathroom of their biological gender doesn't mean none were using the bathroom of their associated gender. Duh. It's been happening, there hasn't been a problem. There won't be a problem. People pretend there will be a problem because it's easier to just get caught up in these null factors than it is to consider the actual problems facing the Republic.

You didn't smack anything down. Just because some may have used the bathroom of their biological gender doesn't mean none were using the bathroom of their associated gender. Duh. It's been happening, there hasn't been a problem. There won't be a problem. People pretend there will be a problem because it's easier to just get caught up in these null factors than it is to consider the actual problems facing the Republic.

I did. I never said they didn't. You said they've been doing it for ions. You can't prove this nor can you prove that no incidents took place. That was the point. You've double downed again, and I say this has not been proven. But lets just be agreeable and say that you feel that the incidents that may have occurred are negligible in comparison to the stink being made. I might accept that. But then, let us ask, how many is too many? If it was your child accosted I can only guess that you'd well with righteous indignation. Right? I'd be down right murderous. I don't want to be murderous, so it is better not to capitulate to and thereby become complicit in codifying this poppycock.

Maybe they should just start putting urinals in women's rooms to accommodate transgendered men who still prefer to pee while standing? This would go a long way to silencing the critics... most of whom will probably be women who do not appreciate the toilet seats being left up.

I hear ya, how the NYT is still in print baffles the **** out of me.

Sure there is. Cynicism was already employed. Repetitive but not to the point.

No one says what the degenerate will do because it can be left unsaid..

I will go further and expose the hypocrisy of the proponents of this as most if not all educational institutes who are trying to promote this demand that a student play sports assigned to their biological gender. That is, a boy cannot play on the girls basketball team but he can take a shower in the girls locker room. It is so completely ****ing asinine that I can't even fathom that this has to be discussed.

Transgenders are mentally ill.
Your gender is your biology. People need to grow the **** up and learn to accept the world isn't going to turn your way and yes, you're going to have to accept being told "No". Your fantasies are not going to be given credibility. They're going to be medicated.

And you're a psychiatrist.

Not only rambling and confusing, but dishonest, and of course sick

And you're a psychiatrist.

Not only rambling and confusing, but dishonest, and of course sick

Don't have to be. Two eyes is all that's required.

That the problem of the reader, not a day, and tired of the BS of others.

Couldn't disagree more. It's not the "next phase" of some master plan. It's an election year noise maker. Now that gay marriage has been upheld there needs to be a new group of "oppressed" who need saving.

Ho hum. I could give a **** about what bathroom a transgendered person uses. I could also give a **** about all of the loonies out there crying about how oppressive it supposedly is to have to use a bathroom that is specific to a person's birth gender. Cry me a river... or piss me a river. I don't care!

P.S. This is the lamest election year wedge issue I have ever seen.

Many of the European countries I've visited have multi-sex bathrooms and saunas. I can't remember if the showers are that way too. But the article is correct in that there is a cultural war going on in the U.S.

Back
Top Bottom