• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What surge?

Great! Is there a link to the tens of thousands of hospitals all in one spot showing how many vaccinated people got Covid?

It’s less than 3% of hospitalizations. It’s zero percent of the total deaths.

14 day average:
Cases in the US up 145%
Deaths up 6%

When most of the rest of the developed world is seeing declines in deaths it's ridiculous that the US is going in the wrong direction.

Canada for example has a 26% decline in death rate in the past 14 days, a result of strong support for vaccination.

Source.
Aren't you guys afraid the government will be able to track you? Aren't you afraid you will become magnetic?

Are any of your recommendations here based on any data, or just personal opinion?
Seriously? Who is it that wants to close down the economy? The fear-laden left or the right? As for hospitalizations, they are up from a month ago but are way down from last years highs.

Seriously? Who is it that wants to close down the economy? The fear-laden left or the right? As for hospitalizations, they are up from a month ago but are way down from last years highs.

So if the new Delta variant, or even a newer variant that evades all the current vaccines becomes prevalent, you would still not recommend re-closing the economy? Full steam ahead over all the dead bodies?

It's pure Karma. Under Trump the left and the lefty media hyped up all they could about Covid and now it has returned full circle to bite Biden in the ass. Biden has cornered himself, not being able to say, "It's all a media hoax". Now all he can say is that even the vaccinated are going to have to start wearing masks again to fight the spread of Covid even as you basically pointed out that the current situation is a media hoax. Turnabout is fair play.
I'll bet Biden doesn't say "it's only 15 people, and it'll be gone in a couple weeks". He will put all the resources he can to fight covid, including urging people to get vaccinated.

These graphs show that covid cases have been increasing, but deaths have not. So why is there hysteria again? Case counts don't mean much, since cases are often mild or symptomless. The only counts that matter are serious cases and deaths. And you don't see that on these graphs.
What Surge??? Isn't that tRump and his MAGA faithful say at the beginning of the first wave???? Ignorant then as same now... ✌️

We do know that 95+% of the hospitalized are unvaccinated.

Hmmmmm
I thought the CDC isn't keeping those records anymore, so how can we know? any link with proof or just a link with claims?

I thought the CDC isn't keeping those records anymore, so how can we know? any link with proof or just a link with claims?

“ Among the 4,300 COVID-19 patients admitted to Cleveland Clinic hospitals between Jan. 1 and April 13, 99.75% were not fully vaccinated.

The study also looked at 47,000 Cleveland Clinic employees who had received one shot, two shots, or no shots. Among those, 1,991 tested positive for the coronavirus in recent months. About 99.7% of those who contracted COVID-19 weren’t vaccinated, and 0.3% were fully vaccinated.”

It takes several hospital staff to take care of a Covid patient. This takes recourses away from folks with other issues at the hospital. The rise in hospitalizations from Covid absolutely should be avoided. Unfortunately the YouTube geniuses only take deaths into consideration.

Exactly. In the last 1.5 yrs, so many people have had to put off treatment and procedures and screenings because of the overload and isolation needed to care for Covid patients.

Now more people will continue to be at risk of getting sick/dying of other things because they cant get treatment.

The ignorance and selfishness is sickening.

Ask CDC

I should start a separate OP on this as a classic case of why I want the posters to include excerpts. Your post proves that you and other posters do not read your own links and just slap em up because you are lazy and won't do the investigative research that I, and other conservatives do as a matter of routine. Sometimes, when I have the time and feel like it, I do check someone's link even when they have no excerpt, particularly when they are posting something that I heard was not true. In this case, you posted the link saying "Ask CDC" implying that the link would answer my question of:

So, I go to your link and find:

Identifying and investigating hospitalized or fatal vaccine breakthrough cases​

As of May 1, 2021, CDC transitioned from monitoring all reported vaccine breakthrough cases to focus on identifying and investigating only hospitalized or fatal cases due to any cause. This shift will help maximize the quality of the data collected on cases of greatest clinical and public health importance.
Previous data on all vaccine breakthrough cases reported to CDC from January–April 2021 are available.

Proving to all readers here WHY excerpts are needed which would have saved you loads of embarrassment if you read your own link.

“ Among the 4,300 COVID-19 patients admitted to Cleveland Clinic hospitals between Jan. 1 and April 13, 99.75% were not fully vaccinated.

The study also looked at 47,000 Cleveland Clinic employees who had received one shot, two shots, or no shots. Among those, 1,991 tested positive for the coronavirus in recent months. About 99.7% of those who contracted COVID-19 weren’t vaccinated, and 0.3% were fully vaccinated.”
That's a VERY old link. We are almost in august now. Please research better.

I'm amazed how many Trump supporters are willing to kill their own loved ones just to prove they are right.

Because of the unvaccinated the economy may shut down again. Hospitals don’t have room for anyone with any illness other than Covid. This affects us all.
And this (previously posted but with rushed misleading typo):

One thing to keep in mind is that the more cases there are, the more opportunity for the virus to continue to mutate.

And there's no way to predict the outcome of future mutations. Already Delta is breaking thru some vaccinations...future variants could be more infectious and/or more virulent.

I should start a separate OP on this as a classic case of why I want the posters to include excerpts. Your post proves that you and other posters do not read your own links and just slap em up because you are lazy and won't do the investigative research that I, and other conservatives do as a matter of routine. Sometimes, when I have the time and feel like it, I do check someone's link even when they have no excerpt, particularly when they are posting something that I heard was not true. In this case, you posted the link saying "Ask CDC" implying that the link would answer my question of:

So, I go to your link and find:

Proving to all readers here WHY excerpts are needed which would have saved you loads of embarrassment if you read your own link.

It shows vaccinated being tracked.

That's a VERY old link. We are almost in august now. Please research better.

The study looked at trends over 4 months, and it’s results were released only 10 weeks ago. Why is that old, and what factors would make its findings obsolete so soon?

And this (previously posted but with rushed misleading typo):

One thing to keep in mind is that the more cases there are, the more opportunity for the virus to continue to mutate.

And there's no way to predict the outcome of future mutations. Already Delta is breaking thru some vaccinations...future variants could be more infectious and/or more virulent.
In other words, we should not be letting into this country people from other nations that have massive unvaccinated populations.

It's pure Karma. Under Trump the left and the lefty media hyped up all they could about Covid and now it has returned full circle to bite Biden in the ass. Biden has cornered himself, not being able to say, "It's all a media hoax". Now all he can say is that even the vaccinated are going to have to start wearing masks again to fight the spread of Covid even as you basically pointed out that the current situation is a media hoax. Turnabout is fair play.
What a petty post.

The pandemic is constantly changing, the virus mutating, and certainly the Biden administration gave the American people more credit for brains when it came to getting a vaccine to save their and other lives. Who knew so many morons would refuse to get it?

There's no predicting how any of this will go and the medical experts and politicians are all adapting as they can. The medical experts are modeling and researching and making the best recommendations they can. Now they have to cope with trying to predict just how many morons will ignore any recommendations they make and add that to their calculations.

In other words, we should not be letting into this country people from other nations that have massive unvaccinated populations.
Where's the sources on that (from neutral sources)? And they need to state that the people arent vaccinated or being vaccinated as they enter the country.

And I'm guessing those numbers would be nowhere NEAR the number of morons in the US that can take the vaccine but wont.

These libs don’t look that scared to me. They’re partying it up. And, they don’t have ICUs that are busting at the seams to boot:

Seems a little smarter to me than these brave conservative patriots:

Letting in a million unvaccinated migrants from around the world and shipping them all over the country is how variants pop up as well. But America haters only criticize Americans
What now?

Back
Top Bottom