• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What Stocks Are You Buying?

Fundamentals don't matter anymore. What is happening in the market is short seller squeeze as people are banding together like Hedge Funds and going long. I am dumping AMC on Monday. I made my profit.

I thought according to the reddit army, money didn't matter and "diamond hands."

You cannot lose if you hold, right?

Fundamentals don't matter anymore. What is happening in the market is short seller squeeze as people are banding together like Hedge Funds and going long. I am dumping AMC on Monday. I made my profit.
Fundamentals may not matter but charts do matter when the stock is still trading at levels where previous resistance is found. In the case of GME, when it broke above $57 (all time high) the charts and fundamentals ceased to be of importance for the simple reason that the people who would be interested in shorting have no level/price where they can get together as a group to sell enough to overcome the buying. In the case of AMC, there is resistance at the $20 level and then again at the all-time high at $34 so what makes a true short squeeze is not there (no chart resistance levels where others (like computers and algorithms) will gather to sell).

I do hope that you make some profit. At what price did you buy?

I thought according to the reddit army, money didn't matter and "diamond hands."

You cannot lose if you hold, right?
Who said I was part of the Reddit army? I can make profit on their egos and not be apart of them.

Fundamentals may not matter but charts do matter when the stock is still trading at levels where previous resistance is found. In the case of GME, when it broke above $57 (all time high) the charts and fundamentals ceased to be of importance for the simple reason that the people who would be interested in shorting have no level/price where they can get together as a group to sell enough to overcome the buying. In the case of AMC, there is resistance at the $20 level and then again at the all-time high at $34 so what makes a true short squeeze is not there (no chart resistance levels where others (like computers and algorithms) will gather to sell).

I do hope that you make some profit. At what price did you buy?

I went at $60 on GME and sold at $300. I made $240ish a share. So I am golden without saying the amount of shares I bought.

I went at $60 on GME and sold at $300. I made $240ish a share. So I am golden without saying the amount of shares I bought.
Congratulations on your entry point and more so on your exit point. Good trading or good common sense.

Let me tell you of a trade I did in the past few months. I bought ENG at $.84 cents and liquidated at $7.24. That was an 800% profit over a period of just 2 months. This was all done by charts and fundamentals. ENG is a clean energy stock that took off when Biden got elected.

Last edited:
Smart move to get out. Congrats on your gain.

Here is a trade that I mentioned to my subscribers this past week and that I feel is a very good trade with very small limited risk and decent profit potential.

The stock is PFE (Pfizer). The stock is trading around 36.40 today. It is a buy here with a stop loss at 34.44. Objective is $44 to be reached over the next 3-6 months. You are risking about $2 per share to make about $8 per share, which is a 4-1 risk/reward ratio. The probability rating I give this trade is 80%.

You may have underestimated the fact PFE's vaccine will be rendered obsolete in the next few months if JNJ can get their one-shot vaccine approved.

You may have underestimated the fact PFE's vaccine will be rendered obsolete in the next few months if JNJ can get their one-shot vaccine approved.
I don't do fundamental trades. I do charts and today the chart has been fulfilled to the downside, meaning that what the stock does from here, it will be meaningful. I bought additional shares today at 34.66 and I am now averaged long at 35.66. Stock is trading at 35.01 right now. Stop loss will be changed to 34.17 so this risk is $1.50 per share. Upside objective remains the $41 level, meaning that I am risking $1.50 to make $5.50 per share, which is about 3.5-1 risk.reward ratio.

BTW, the thing about PFE is that the vaccine is only a small part of its medical repertoire. PFE is a large established medical company and health care will be one of the industries that is likely to do well in the Biden administration.

Back
Top Bottom