• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What Stocks Are You Buying?

What exactly is the end game? Take out a couple of hedge funds, and then what?

It is clear you guys don't want to own AMC and GME long-term. So what is the next move?
I don't think there is a "next" move other than to get out. Last week they set new parameters for trading that went into effect and caused both stocks to drop. AMC from $20 to $7 and GME from $483 down to $112. No further highs will be made above what was made last week, is my opinion.

If you have any interest in investing but protecting your principal, you should try my service.

I have been a trader of the market for 44 years. I worked for the major brokerage firms in the 80's as a technical chart analyst. I have offered a stock market mentions service since 2007 and have shown positive results on 11 of the past 14 years. Nonetheless, being a chartist allows me to be knowledgeable about support and resistance levels and that means I can control my risk. I believe in diversification as an absolute need, meaning no one stock can hurt the portfolio in a big way, I never enter a trade that offers less than a 4-1 risk/reward ratio (based on support and resistance levels) and that means I can be wrong as much as 75% of the time and still break even or even make a small profit.

I believe protection of capital is the primary thing in my way of trading.

Here is my website. Check it out: http://chartmystocks.com

Umm excuse me mr. madoff but you can't advertise a business on the forum.

Umm excuse me mr. madoff but you can't advertise a business on the forum.
I know that and I have been here 3 years and have not done it before. Nonetheless, your post made it a positive thing to do. I was not trying to advertise. I was trying to help.

I know that and I have been here 3 years and have not done it before. Nonetheless, your post made it a positive thing to do. I was not trying to advertise. I was trying to help.
You're trying to 'help' by charging $30/month for services that banks and websites like eTrade provide for free to investors. In addition your website promises the likelihood of positive returns, a huge red flag.

You're trying to 'help' by charging $30/month for services that banks and websites like eTrade provide for free to investors. In addition your website promises the likelihood of positive returns, a huge red flag.
You know something, when you do some research you can talk.

First of all, I have given quite a few mentions on this site for free and so far each one of the mentions I have given here has been profitable. Second of all, if you know anything about what I do you would realize that $30 a month is CHEAP for the knowledge and information I give. There are a few people that do what I do and the cheapest I have found (other than me) is $100 a month. There are a few that charge $300+ per month.

To finish it off, I am 75 years old and live off of my trading. I don't need the income from the business I own, I like to help people but no one can do it for nothing because then it has no value and it also causes everyone to ask for help and I can't handle that. I have to give my knowledge some value or otherwise it accomplishes nothing for anyone.

Next time you decide to criticize, why don't you try to obtain information before you open your mouth.

and by the way about the red flag you mention. I show 14 years of results and there have been 11 years of profit shown. The approach to trading that I have developed gives a very high probability of success when used as shown and with the chart knowledge I possess.

Last edited:
You know something, when you do some research you can talk.

First of all, I have given quite a few mentions on this site for free and so far each one of the mentions I have given here has been profitable. Second of all, if you know anything about what I do you would realize that $30 a month is CHEAP for the knowledge and information I give. There are a few people that do what I do and the cheapest I have found (other than me) is $100 a month. There are a few that charge $300+ per month.

To finish it off, I am 75 years old and live off of my trading. I don't need the income from the business I own, I like to help people but no one can do it for nothing because then it has no value and it also causes everyone to ask for help and I can't handle that. I have to give my knowledge some value or otherwise it accomplishes nothing for anyone.

Next time you decide to criticize, why don't you try to obtain information before you open your mouth.

You can't advertise on the forum, period.

and by the way about the red flag you mention. I show 14 years of results and there have been 11 years of profit shown. The approach to trading that I have developed gives a very high probability of success when used as shown and with the chart knowledge I possess.

You guys are all over the internet offering courses or trade-mirroring with promises of returns. You don't even use your real name on your website, another red flag. Also above you say you've got 44 years' trading experience, on your website you say 30+. Get your BS coordinated a bit better.

It's a scam plain and simple.

Anyone on the forum who wants professional advice PM me and I'll send you links to information that's free.

You can't advertise on the forum, period.

You guys are all over the internet offering courses or trade-mirroring with promises of returns. You don't even use your real name on your website, another red flag. Also above you say you've got 44 years' trading experience, on your website you say 30+. Get your BS coordinated a bit better.

It's a scam plain and simple.

Anyone on the forum who wants professional advice PM me and I'll send you links to information that's free.
You have made the point. I have not and will not do it again. All I wanted to do was help, but evidently that means nothing to you. I will gladly ignore you in the future. Evidently, you have very little ability to evaluate the meaning of things. Have a good day.

If you have any interest in investing but protecting your principal, you should try my service.

I have been a trader of the market for 44 years. I worked for the major brokerage firms in the 80's as a technical chart analyst. I have offered a stock market mentions service since 2007 and have shown positive results on 11 of the past 14 years. Nonetheless, being a chartist allows me to be knowledgeable about support and resistance levels and that means I can control my risk. I believe in diversification as an absolute need, meaning no one stock can hurt the portfolio in a big way, I never enter a trade that offers less than a 4-1 risk/reward ratio (based on support and resistance levels) and that means I can be wrong as much as 75% of the time and still break even or even make a small profit.

I believe protection of capital is the primary thing in my way of trading.

Here is my website. Check it out: http://chartmystocks.com
You didn't address my concerns.

Your concerns?

The market is all about making money and money is the root of all evil. As such, when you are dealing with evil, you have to have some kind of an edge to be able to survive or get ahead.

There is nothing than can be done about people being greedy. It is human nature.

That is why I offered you my service. I have paid a high price in pain, sweat and tears over 43 years to learn the ins and outs of the market and I now have an edge where I can be slightly better than the average and gain where others lose. That is what is needed if you want to invest in the market.

It is not rocket science. It is simply the sad truth.

Other than that (gaining an edge), you could be lucky and invest and make money. Odds are better than playing the lottery.

Your concerns?

The market is all about making money and money is the root of all evil.
I don't buy your assessment and I don't have money to invest. I probably won't take public donations, either.

I think the prudent thing to do is to trim a little off that tesla investment and put it into safer stocks/investments.

The more money you have, the less risk you need to take. As much as you believe in Tesla, what if Musk gets arrested in China, or dies?

From what I read, Tesla was on the verge of bankruptcy in 2008 and another time around 2017-2019. He's a bit reckless with the tweets and already got in hot water with the SEC.

Not saying TSLA will tank, but the future is unpredictable. Look at where Apple was before the iPhone. Didn't they have to take a loan from Microsoft?

You don't want one position to completely tank your position.

Wise advice. I have heard the same advice from other well, respected people. I have just about decided to do just that. Just skimming some cream off the top for a rainy day.

Two cliche's come to mind. One, "Don't put all your eggs in one basket." And two, "Five birds in the hand are better than ten bird's in the bush."

I have been known to push my luck but I am so leaning towards locking some of this in. (While still keeping most of it, of course.) But I feel it will hit 1k in 2021. I'm almost sure of it. I'm not one to go against my gut instinct. But there have been times I wished I would have. This may be one of those times.

That is why I offered you my service. I have paid a high price in pain, sweat and tears over 43 years to learn the ins and outs of the market and I now have an edge where I can be slightly better than the average and gain where others lose. That is what is needed if you want to invest in the market.

This looks to me like you're still advertising. And still promising future gains. A professional wouldn't do that. Do you even have a Series 6, 7, 63 or 65 license?

I am wondering if anyone has looked into Jumia, the Amazon of Africa?

I think this could be a potential home run, thoughts?

I am wondering if anyone has looked into Jumia, the Amazon of Africa?

I think this could be a potential home run, thoughts?
Revenue is down year over year 17%. It's in an industry that smoking hot during the pandemic so reduced revenue is a concern. As a comparison Amazon is up 37% YoY for the 3rd quarter. It's also showing no EPS currently and projections are for negative EPS throughout 2021. But Amazon didn't make money for years so it's not a big issue if they have deep pockets.

Analyst's average projection for the share price is $24.42 and it closed yesterday at $57.55.

I wouldn't touch it. I wouldn't worry too much about the EPS but the strong YoY decline in revenue is a huge concern. The shares are overpriced by any measure imo.

Last edited:
This looks to me like you're still advertising. And still promising future gains. A professional wouldn't do that. Do you even have a Series 6, 7, 63 or 65 license?
I am not going to answer any of your questions again, given that your are looking for something to criticize and not trying to actually get to know who I am.

I will say this much. You are barking up a wrong tree. I am a caring, loving, thoughtful, considerate and highly knowledgeable person who truly cares about others and if you bother to ask those that have gotten to know me over the past 4 years since I have been here, you will get the same answer. I am a seeker of truth and highly intelligent and though I have many here that have disagreed with me over the years and will do so until either one of is not here anymore, generally they know that I am true to who I say I am. As such, I have proven to be the type of person I say I am above many times before.

In addition, the service I offer has been around since 2007 and so far there has not even been 1 complaint from anyone, much less the proper authorities. This means I do everything not only legally but in a proper way.

I offer trading knowledge and have subscribers that have been with me the entire 14 years I have had the service available. Does that tell you anything?

I think you are looking for an excuse for a fight but you will not get it from me. I have nothing to be ashamed for, in fact just the opposite. I have helped many people with my service during these years, not to mention the fact that most of my subscribers have become good friends of mine.

As I said before, it seems you have no ability to discern truth from lies. That is your problem, not mine.

Last edited:
I am not going to answer any of your questions again, given that your are looking for something to criticize and not trying to actually get to know who I am.

I will say this much. You are barking up a wrong tree. I am a caring, loving, thoughtful, considerate and highly knowledgeable person who truly cares about others and if you bother to ask those that have gotten to know me over the past 4 years since I have been here, you will get the same answer. I am a seeker of truth and highly intelligent and though I have many here that have disagreed with me over the years and will do so until either one of is not here anymore, generally they know that I am true to who I say I am. As such, I have proven to be the type of person I say I am above many times before.

In addition, the service I offer has been around since 2007 and so far there has not even been 1 complaint from anyone, much less the proper authorities. This means I do everything not only legally but in a proper way.

I offer trading knowledge and have subscribers that have been with me the entire 14 years I have had the service available. Does that tell you anything?

I think you are looking for an excuse for a fight but you will not get it from me. I have nothing to be ashamed for, in fact just the opposite. I have helped many people with my service during these years, not to mention the fact that most of my subscribers have become good friends of mine.

As I said before, it seems you have no ability to discern truth from lies. That is your problem, not mine.

Do you have a Series 6, 7, 63 or 65 license? Because if not, and your website doesn't indicate that you do, you're committing a felony. And doing so for 14 years according to your post above.

Last edited:
Do you have a Series 6, 7, 63 or 65 license? Because if not, and your website doesn't indicate that you do, you're committing a felony. And doing so for 14 years according to your post above.

I am going to answer you if only to get you off my back.

I was licensed when I was a broker (between 1977 and 1987)) but I no longer have a license. Nonetheless, if you had truly bothered to read with your mind open you would realize that I do not need a license for what I do. I do not handle any accounts myself (do not trade anything for others) and what I do is tell people what I am personally trading. I tell them in "advance" ' where I am looking to get into a trade, where my stop loss is going to be and what objective I have. I outline all the chart reasons (support and resistance levels) for why I personally am doing the trade and why I believe the trade may be a good one or not (give them my own rating on each trade so they can determine which ones I like the most). I do not need a license to tell people what I am trading and where I am looking to buy, sell or get out. Each person is in charge of their own accounts and they can either do the trade or not do the trade based on what they personally want to do or don't want to do. They have total control of their own trades as I do not have their accounts. I do not give recommendations on anything. I tell people about the support and resistance levels that are there (show it to them through charts) and why I believe it is a good trade.

Here is one of my old newsletters which I write every week and give to my subscribers.

Check it out. You will find there what I am telling you here.

http://theoasisclub.net/njaoasnews01032021.html

By the way, check at the bottom of the newsletter and the disclaimer that is there.

If you want to waste your time and check it out, please do so. I have been doing this for 14 years and if you think you are the first one to ask that question, you are wrong. I have covered all the legal aspects of my service.

This will be the last time I answer you for this or any other post. You have pissed me off thinking you know something and you know nothing. Go ahead, do your thing!

Last edited:
I do not handle any accounts myself (do not trade anything for others) and what I do is tell people what I am personally trading. I tell them in "advance" ' where I am looking to get into a trade, where my stop loss is going to be and what objective I have. I outline all the chart reasons (support and resistance levels) for why I personally am doing the trade and why I believe the trade may be a good one or not (give them my own rating on each trade so they can determine which ones I like the most). I do not need a license to tell people what I am trading and where I am looking to buy, sell or get out. Each person is in charge of their own accounts and they can either do the trade or not do the trade based on what they personally want to do or don't want to do. They have total control of their own trades as I do not have their accounts. I do not give recommendations on anything. I tell people about the support and resistance levels that are there (show it to them through charts) and why I believe it is a good trade.

To other forum members: what he has just described here is mirrored trading which is rife with fraud and pyramid schemes. Some brokerages offer it as a service but they are licensed and regulated. This guy is not. The internet is full of amateurs ripping people off on this scam.

If you want advice on trading there are services you can use.

Your bank
Your bank will offer free investment advice either online or in person. The person providing the advice acts on behalf of the bank's products so bear that in mind. That person will be licensed.

Online trading platforms
Sites like eTrade offer courses in investment. They are free, there are dozens of courses and you don't even need to open an account.

Independent financial advisor
Financial advisors have different fee structures - from approximately $1500 to $2500 for a full financial plan to hourly rates to percentage fees. An independent financial advisor has a fiduciary responsibility only to you. They won't try to sell you a product. They are licensed in the state they operate in. You will know their real name, even on the website.

No professional advisor will promise you returns, as Luckyone did above. No professional advisor will promise your initial investment is secure as Luckyone does. When you invest in equities you can lose the whole shot.

To other forum members: what he has just described here is mirrored trading which is rife with fraud and pyramid schemes. Some brokerages offer it as a service but they are licensed and regulated. This guy is not. The internet is full of amateurs ripping people off on this scam.

If you want advice on trading there are services you can use.

Your bank
Your bank will offer free investment advice either online or in person. The person providing the advice acts on behalf of the bank's products so bear that in mind. That person will be licensed.

Online trading platforms
Sites like eTrade offer courses in investment. They are free, there are dozens of courses and you don't even need to open an account.

Independent financial advisor
Financial advisors have different fee structures - from approximately $1500 to $2500 for a full financial plan to hourly rates to percentage fees. An independent financial advisor has a fiduciary responsibility only to you. They won't try to sell you a product. They are licensed in the state they operate in. You will know their real name, even on the website.

No professional advisor will promise you returns, as Luckyone did above. No professional advisor will promise your initial investment is secure as Luckyone does. When you invest in equities you can lose the whole shot.
You are so uninformed it is pitiful.

You should get in touch with my subscribers and get some education on what I do. Then again, I know you will not do that. You have no desire to gain knowledge, just a desire to be a critic and find fault..............as if that helps anyone.

Knowledge if precious and difficult to obtain and when found you hang on to it and use that knowledge to beter yourself. You throw it away as if it has no value.

You have made some very accusing statements and clearly stated that I am scamming people and that I am not dependable but you could not be more wrong. Nonetheless, to feed your own sense of knowledge and capacity to evaluate without having much (if any) knowledge) of what I do, have done, and the kind of person I am, you have continued to debase me in spite of the fact that I have responded to your posts with honesty and with facts on what I do. I even gave you a link to the kind of newsletter that I write every week and that I spend 12-16 hours a week in the research, the writing and the publishing of and that for a measly amount of $30 a month that I charge for the service, which is not an amount that helps me economically in any way. I usually make 10 times that amount in one day trading my own account. Heck, I made a trade this week in a stock called Wayfair that netted me $4120 in a few hours. I have one subscriber that just using my chart knowledge on his own stocks made an additional $400,000 simply because I helped him get better entry and exit points on the stocks he was trading. You think the $300 he paid me for the year was wasted?

I am not nearly as bothered by your totally uninformed comments as I am bothered by seeing once again how so many people make uninformed statements that are made by wrong assumptions and based on a lack of knowledge that is so simple to obtain by just asking questions. I know it is something that happens often with humanity in general but in the circle of people I have had around me in my life (knowledgeable and intelligent people) such people as you seem to be the exception and not the rule.

To see the kind of mentality you have shown, which is common among uninformed and careless people, is truly a sad reminder of how few people truly have value. If you really wanted to know, you would start by asking questions and not assuming anything. In that way you would start building a truer picture of the person you are talking to and who he is. You woud be surprised by how that kind of an approach often opens doors to something truly worth knowing, obtaining value from and perhaps even sharing opportunities and knowledge with..............but not you. You just want to feel important by helping others with your wrong assumptions and lift your own self worth.

I could go on but you are not worth the effort. I wish you luck in life because with this kind of thinking you show, you will need luck to not end up as a sorry human being.

Good Bye.

Last edited:
You are so uninformed it is pitiful.

You should get in touch with my subscribers and get some education on what I do. Then again, I know you will not do that. You have no desire to gain knowledge, just a desire to be a critic and find fault..............as if that helps anyone.

Knowledge if precious and difficult to obtain and when found you hang on to it and use that knowledge to beter yourself. You throw it away as if has no value.

You have made some very accusing statements and clearly stated that I am scamming people and that I am not dependable but you could not be more wrong. Nonetheless, to feed your own sense of knowledge and capacity to evaluate without having much (if any) knowledge) of what I do, have done, and the kind of person I am, you have continued to debase me in spite of the fact that I have responded to your posts with honesty and with facts on what I do. I even gave you a link to the kind of newsletter that I write every week and that I spend 12-16 hours a week in the research, the writing and the publishing of and that for a measly amount of $30 a month that I charge for the service, which is not an amount that helps me economically in any way. I usually make 10 times that amount in one day trading my own account. Heck, I made a trade this week in a stock called Wayfair that netted me $4120 in a few hours. I have one subscriber that just using my chart knowledge on his own stocks made an additional $400,000 simply because I helped him get better entry and exit points on the stocks he was trading. You think the $300 he paid me for the year was wasted?

I am not nearly as bothered by your totally uninformed comments as I am bothered by seeing once again how so many people make uninformed statements that are made by wrong assumptions and based on a lack of knowledge that is so simple to obtain by just asking questions. I know it is something that happens often with humanity in general but in the circle of people I have had around me in my life (knowledgeable and intelligent people) such people as you seem to be the exception and not the rule.

To see the kind of mentality you have shown, which is common among uninformed and careless people, is truly a sad reminder of how few people truly have value. If you really wanted to know, you would start by asking questions and not assuming anything. In that way you would start building a truer picture of the person you are talking to and who he is. You woud be surprised by how that kind of an approach often opens doors to something truly worth knowing, obtaining value from and perhaps even sharing opportunities and knowledge with..............but not you. You just want to feel important by helping others with your wrong assumptions and lift your own self worth.

I could go on but you are not worth the effort. I wish you luck in life because with this kind of thinking you show, you will need luck to not end up as a sorry human being.

Good Bye.
this was the quote from your earlier post:
... This will be the last time I answer you for this or any other post. ...
you should fulfill that commitment
silence cannot be misrepresented

i offer this suggestion by also noting that i look forward to your market advice. i do hope you will continue to offer it (at no cost) on these boards. let's discuss the marketplace and not the background of those who offer their opinions about it

this was the quote from your earlier post:

you should fulfill that commitment
silence cannot be misrepresented

i offer this suggestion by also noting that i look forward to your market advice. i do hope you will continue to offer it (at no cost) on these boards. let's discuss the marketplace and not the background of those who offer their opinions about it
Thanks for the suggestion. I know it is well meant. Unfortunately, I am an emotional human being and being slammed erroneously and unnecessarily so is one of the things that bother me the most. I hate ignorant people but more so those that make no effort to get out of their ignorance. All is takes is doing some research, asking questions and listening. Everyone can do that but few do.

I hate ignorant people but more so those that make no effort to get out of their ignorance.
You advertised on the forum, which isn't allowed, so you could make a few bucks from forum members, many of whom are likely stretched financially due to the pandemic. And you call me ignorant.

What exactly is the end game? Take out a couple of hedge funds, and then what?

It is clear you guys don't want to own AMC and GME long-term. So what is the next move?

I am not a rookie at this stuff. But when I see 140% of the stock available shorted. I'll take the ride. Who owns stock long term? The major issues is Hedge Funds can think they can short above 100% of available stock. So why not make Hedge Funds bleed? Especially one that is a major backer of Robinhood. Who is screwing the little folks out now cause Citadel can't cover their losses and their clearing house. **** 'em.

Let me give you some chart information on AMC that will help you.

The stock starting trading in 2008 at $18. The lifetime high has been $34 and the low has been $2. The $19-$20 has proven to be resistance and supoirt during the entire lifetime of the stock. The stock in 2018 got up to 20.50 and from there tanked all the way down to $2. The high last week was 20.36 and from there it dropped back down to 6.50, meaning that there is a lot of selling interest there and it is likely to require some positive change of fundamentals to break that resistance level and given that AMC are movie theaters and not likely to see any big increase in people going to movie theaters in the future, it is difficult to think that the fundamentals will change where the 20.50 level will break.

If I had been holding AMC, I would have gotten out last week when it got above $20.

Good Luck

Fundamentals don't matter anymore. What is happening in the market is short seller squeeze as people are banding together like Hedge Funds and going long. I am dumping AMC on Monday. I made my profit.

Love numbers and doing research just don't have the stomach or time to do frequent trading in individual securities. I'll stick to keeping financially aware and making small changes and rebalancing when necessary. Maybe when I retire I'll have a small account to take more risks.

That said, don't mind if others take risks in the market. Some will learn hard lessons,but you can learn from failures. A good financial advisor will access your risk tolerance and give appropriate investment advice.

Back
Top Bottom