• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What Stocks Are You Buying?

Geoist

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Left
I haven't seen any threads on here for stocks and investing strategies, so I thought I'd put one in here. Anyone here an active investor? Currently, I manage a growth portfolio and a dividend portfolio.

Growth Portfolio: I really love the Ark Invest ETFs. ARKK is about 12% of overall portfolio while the others are 1-2%. I want to make them a larger part of the portfolio but worried about the possibility of Cathie Wood leaving. Lately I've made some nice gains with NIO and SPCE. Always adding to TSLA, CRM, and SHOP when I can.

Dividend Portfolio: Focused lately on adding to my ABBV, JNJ, O, AVGO, JPM, and T.

So what are you currently investing in?

Is there a stock for tears?

If not, I'm going remote workforce stuff.

Is there a stock for tears?

If there were I'd imagine it would've 100x'd this year.

If not, I'm going remote workforce stuff.

If you think remote work becomes more permanent then Zoom (ZM) may be a good long-term bet, even if it is still a bit overpriced but I personally wouldn't go over 5% portfolio at this time for that one.

If there were I'd imagine it would've 100x'd this year.

If you think remote work becomes more permanent then Zoom (ZM) may be a good long-term bet, even if it is still a bit overpriced but I personally wouldn't go over 5% portfolio at this time for that one.
the SECURITY of it is critical.

I haven't seen any threads on here for stocks and investing strategies, so I thought I'd put one in here. Anyone here an active investor? Currently, I manage a growth portfolio and a dividend portfolio.

Growth Portfolio: I really love the Ark Invest ETFs. ARKK is about 12% of overall portfolio while the others are 1-2%. I want to make them a larger part of the portfolio but worried about the possibility of Cathie Wood leaving. Lately I've made some nice gains with NIO and SPCE. Always adding to TSLA, CRM, and SHOP when I can.

Dividend Portfolio: Focused lately on adding to my ABBV, JNJ, O, AVGO, JPM, and T.

I'm hooked on Ark ETFs too. Been in TSLA for years. Lots of heartache and disppointment being 90k in. Thank God for 2020. I am known now as a teslanaire. But we all know that can change rapidly. Anybody here have any faith in Motley Fool stock advice?

I'm hooked on Ark ETFs too. Been in TSLA for years. Lots of heartache and disppointment being 90k in. Thank God for 2020. I am known now as a teslanaire. But we all know that can change rapidly. Anybody here have any faith in Motley Fool stock advice?

Congrats on your gains! I am excited to see how the genomics sector plays out over the next decade. It seems that things have settled down now with Cathie's fight with Resolute so building up my positions.

I was temporarily a subscriber with Motley Fool. No complaints and they seem to get good reviews, but decided it wasn't for me. They will refund your subscription if you email them within 30 days (in case you change your mind). At least that was the policy over a year ago.

Congrats on your gains! I am excited to see how the genomics sector plays out over the next decade. It seems that things have settled down now with Cathie's fight with Resolute so building up my positions.

I was temporarily a subscriber with Motley Fool. No complaints and they seem to get good reviews, but decided it wasn't for me. They will refund your subscription if you email them within 30 days (in case you change your mind). At least that was the policy over a year ago.
I totally have my eye on genomics. I really feel that there is still the chance to get in on the ground floor with many of them. I know Cathy is laser focused on them and ARK is putting in the time doing the needed research. I don't have the time nor knowledge to do proper stock research. ARK is getting quite the reputation on picking the best stocks for ETF's. Keeping my TSLA for the time being. Hoping to 3x in 4 to 5 years. (if not sooner.) People are calling me an idiot for not getting out while the getting is good. They may be right but I'm keeping the faith! It's freaky looking at my dashboard and seeing I made 12k one day, 60k the next and then dropping 150k on another. It would give me a heart attack if I allowed myself to get emotionally attached to these gains. Easy come, easy go, right?

Last edited:

With Biden’s economic plan I’m temped to short the market. :cool:

Historically the market has done well with a Democrat in the White House. However, a recession/crash is overdue so it would not surprise me if it happened during Biden's term. But time in the market always beats timing the market. :cool:

You will lose a ton unless the Democrats with both senate seats

Never be a homer in betting on sports or stocks

You will lose a ton unless the Democrats with both senate seats

Never be a homer in betting on sports or stocks
This makes less sense than most of your posts - and that’s a low bar to get under.

Historically the market has done well with a Democrat in the White House. However, a recession/crash is overdue so it would not surprise me if it happened during Biden's term. But time in the market always beats timing the market. :cool:
Well, actually, the market has done well wnen a Democrat is in the White House AND GOP controls one or both chambers of Congress. Both Obama and Clinton had their best years under that situation. Even Bush II, once he got his tax plan, did well until 2007 when Dems swept Congress and the Great Depression followed less than an year later.

have you had any opportunity/reason to take a look at cloudflare?

If you do your research and are properly diversified you can still safely invest in individual stocks.
Agree, we have most all invested in diversified accounts under Vanguard. If we needed a better return or we were younger would invest more in individual stocks. It's still interesting to own and/or follow individual stocks.

Good Luck on your current and future investments.

One I bought a few months ago is Beam Global; BEEM - Bing
It's doing very well. :)

Well, actually, the market has done well wnen a Democrat is in the White House AND GOP controls one or both chambers of Congress.

Right, the market likes gridlock and certainty. But that's not what you originally said.

have you had any opportunity/reason to take a look at cloudflare?

There are so many cloud companies out there it would be difficult for me to choose. But I've held all of the Ark ETFs since last March so I have some exposure to Cloudflare. What do you think?

Agree, we have most all invested in diversified accounts under Vanguard. If we needed a better return or we were younger would invest more in individual stocks. It's still interesting to own and/or follow individual stocks.

Yeah that's exactly it, I'm still fairly young so I'm more willing to take on some risk. Obviously my strategy would be different if I was nearing retirement. And yes, individual stocks are just more fun to invest in. :)

Good Luck on your current and future investments.

Thanks, you too!

Back
Top Bottom