• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What Social Web Services/ blog services do you use?

What Social Web Services/ blog services do you use?

• Total voters

LizardofOz

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
I am gathering data from various forums and communities for an app I am developing. How do you use these services? How does your usage of one differ from the other? Thanks!

I use google mainly for searching the web, and Gmail. Although since they merged with YouTube I suppose when I go watch a video there it's also google.

Facebook I visit occasionally and use mainly as a communication tool between friends and family.

Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram are my daily ones.

I use Facebook to keep up with old friends. Twitter for quick news headlines, information, campaign updates. iFunny for funny pictures both political/non-political(depends on who you subscribe to). LinkedIn for work stuff.

None. Only one of those not totally useless is Facebook. Twitter gave the average dumbass a false belief that anything he says is important.

None. If I put everything concerning my life on the social networks... no one would buy my book.

Making the mundane into the adventurous.

"It was a dark and stormy night"

Thom Paine

I put down the ones I have accounts on. I virtually never get on Facebook, I consider it a total waste of time. My blogs automatically post to Tumblr and Twitter but I spend virtually no time there. Of all of the services, I might be on Google+ most often but I still find very little value there. I think most social media sites are pointless.

Facebook is a pretty important professional networking tool. Artists who don't belong to it are, in my opinion, fools. In addition my professional website is wordpress. I don't have any use for the rest of that crap.

Last edited:
None of them.

Only Facebook and Tumblr.

Sure, Tumblr can be cesspool ruled by mob mentality when it comes to politics and, ugh, Social Justice stuff. But it's entertaining if you follow the right blogs.

Twitter gave the average dumbass a false belief that anything he says is important.

And makes people think that those same idiots make up some notable chunk of the population.

Example: the incident of the racist tweets about the new Miss America.

Well I appreciate the feedback guys...as someone that used to run a editorial website I always thought that wouldn't it be great that when I wanted to reach all of my readers on social networks I posted once and it got to all of them? Maybe there was something I didn't want to get to them and a app on Facebook that posted to twitter just didn't make sense..the idea of this app is to give the user control and to post on sever social networks in a meaningful way and where it makes sense.

LinkedIn is the only one on the list that I use.

I also have profession based services like in github, spiceworks and stackoverflow... and some more. But yeah.

Considering getting a twitter.

LinkedIn is the only one on the list that I use.

I also have profession based services like in github, spiceworks and stackoverflow... and some more. But yeah.

Considering getting a twitter.
Perhaps I should use Linkedin, but I don't.

I think I might have an account though. I kept getting these emails from my boss about indicating I worked for her on Linkedin. But I don't want anyone to know that.

Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr are my daily ones. LinkedIn i check and use maybe 1-3 times a week.

Back
Top Bottom