• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What size nuke should i use ?

APACHERAT

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
One of the biggest problems when you wanrt to nuke South Central L.A. and not want to inflict any damage to Reagan Country in Orange County or Nuke the South Side of Chicago, you ask yourself should I use a 1.KT nuke or a Russkie size 4.MT nuke ? Should it be an air burst or ground burst ? Tough decisions to make. While this will make it a lot easier.

Have fun, don't blow up any Republican enclaves.

Nuclear Weapon Effects Calculator
An illustration of the destructive power of the blast created by a nuclear weapon.

This interactive tool is intended to give an idea of the devastating blast effects of ground-level, shallow subsurface, and low-altitude nuclear weapon detonations. It is relevant to traditional nuclear weapons, potential terrorist attacks, and next generation nuclear weapons such as "Bunker Busters" or "Robust Nuclear Earth Penetrators" (RNEPs). (Despite the name, "Earth Penetrators" will not penetrate far into hard rock and can be considered "surface" bursts when using the bomb calculator.)

High definition aerial maps of selected U.S. cities have been provided. The size of the bomb can be chosen by selecting the weapon's yield, as measured in kilotons (KT) or megatons (MT) of TNT equivalent. There is also the option of having the bomb delivered using an automobile at ground level or using an aircraft flying at an altitude that produces the widest area of destruction.

Red Circle: Intense heat from the explosion will likely cause widespread fires within this region.

Blue Circle: Most homes are completely destroyed and stronger commercial buildings will be severely damaged due to the high pressure blast wave in this region.

Orange Circle: Moderate damage to buildings causing some risk to people due to flying debris is caused by the blast wave in this region.

Go here-> https://www.fas.org/programs/ssp/nukes/nuclearcalculators/nuclearwpneffctcalc.html

Java required.

I like this one a lot better.

NUKEMAP by Alex Wellerstein

You can pick any location on google maps, and you can put in as high a yield as you want, so if you want to see what it would look like if the Tsar Bomba went off over downtown Detroit, you can.

I once put in the specifics for the chicxulub impact that killed the dinosaurs. That was interesting.

Given how Orange county is #2 in RX drug deaths, their addle brained kids are famous for 'skittles' parties and luxury rehab centers, maybe the nuke will crack the San Andreas fault line a good one and send the whole mess into the sea.

I'd say put a crowd pleaser up slope and flush the whole sheebang! :2wave:

I like this one a lot better.

NUKEMAP by Alex Wellerstein

You can pick any location on google maps, and you can put in as high a yield as you want, so if you want to see what it would look like if the Tsar Bomba went off over downtown Detroit, you can.

I once put in the specifics for the chicxulub impact that killed the dinosaurs. That was interesting.

Kool, I've seen this one before. But these are all air burst.

A terrorist nuclear attack is very likely to be a ground burst.

A nuclear attack by Russia, China or any military against a populated target or industrial/military site would be an air burst. An attack on an ICBM harden missile silo could be a ground burst but it would be a dirty bomb.

As you see with the FAS calculator you can pick ground burst or air burst. There's a significant difference between air burst and ground burst.

I think that Al Qaeda had a complaint with the Wellerstein nuke map because they were all air burst.

Remember the neutron bomb ? The W-66, W-70 and W-79. (aka Politicaly Incorrect Nuke) -> W70

If you look at even the biggest possible nuke explosions, it is just a spot on the global scale.

Average sized nukes, the sort actually deployed for use, are typically in the 50-300 kt range... and it would take at least a couple dozen of those to actually fully and completely destroy my home state... which isn't all that big.

Now, of course, a couple dozen thoughtfully placed nukes would effectively destroy most of the US economy, government and military, which is usually what is meant when people talk about "destroying" a nation, even if that actually doesn't mean "really actually completely destroyed" in fact.

This interactive tool is intended to give an idea of the devastating blast effects of ground-level, shallow subsurface, and low-altitude nuclear weapon detonations. It is relevant to traditional nuclear weapons, potential terrorist attacks, and next generation nuclear weapons such as "Bunker Busters" or "Robust Nuclear Earth Penetrators" (RNEPs). (Despite the name, "Earth Penetrators" will not penetrate far into hard rock and can be considered "surface" bursts when using the bomb calculator.)
That's why you soften the target with a couple conventional bunker-busters first.

One of the biggest problems when you wanrt to nuke South Central L.A. and not want to inflict any damage to Reagan Country in Orange County or Nuke the South Side of Chicago, you ask yourself should I use a 1.KT nuke or a Russkie size 4.MT nuke ? Should it be an air burst or ground burst ? Tough decisions to make. While this will make it a lot easier.

I'm sorry... are you really advocating the killing of your fellow countrymen? Specifically targeting minorities?

And you are different from Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot?

I have rarely wanted to push someone's skull through a brick wall as much as right now.

Your fellow Americans are NOT your enemy. If you have been so indoctrinated in ideological hatred, I would say YOU are the bigger problem.

And why be a coward and use a nuke... why not get your idiot friends and your assault riffles and go take care of the perceived problem in person. Oh right... you wouldn't last five minutes in any of the places you listed.

Have you considered employment in the Congo, cause you certainly have no place in this society.

I'm sorry... are you really advocating the killing of your fellow countrymen? Specifically targeting minorities?

And you are different from Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot?

I have rarely wanted to push someone's skull through a brick wall as much as right now.

Your fellow Americans are NOT your enemy. If you have been so indoctrinated in ideological hatred, I would say YOU are the bigger problem.

And why be a coward and use a nuke... why not get your idiot friends and your assault riffles and go take care of the perceived problem in person. Oh right... you wouldn't last five minutes in any of the places you listed.

Have you considered employment in the Congo, cause you certainly have no place in this society.

You're probably one of the most gullible people on this forum.
It explains how Obama got reelected.

You're probably one of the most gullible people on this forum.
It explains how Obama got reelected.

I didn't vote for Obama, either time. And... I'm not the one that has been indoctrinated in hatred... that actually makes you more gullible than I...

Try again.

Nuclear Weapon Effects Calculator
An illustration of the destructive power of the blast created by a nuclear weapon.

High definition aerial maps of selected U.S. cities have been provided. The size of the bomb can be chosen by selecting the weapon's yield, as measured in kilotons (KT) or megatons (MT) of TNT equivalent. There is also the option of having the bomb delivered using an automobile at ground level or using an aircraft flying at an altitude that produces the widest area of destruction.

Red Circle: Intense heat from the explosion will likely cause widespread fires within this region.

Blue Circle: Most homes are completely destroyed and stronger commercial buildings will be severely damaged due to the high pressure blast wave in this region.

Orange Circle: Moderate damage to buildings causing some risk to people due to flying debris is caused by the blast wave in this region.

Go here-> https://www.fas.org/programs/ssp/nukes/nuclearcalculators/nuclearwpneffctcalc.html

Java required.

terrorist. reported.

That's why you soften the target with a couple conventional bunker-busters first.

I was reading an interesting article ten or so years ago about how our conventional "bunker-buster" bombs were being built. That they use old large navy 12", 14" and 16" gun barrels that have been sitting around at naval yards and weapons station for the past sixty or so years.

Large naval gun barrels are made differently than other artillery barrels. They're not just cast steel or large steel rods that have been bored out. The U.S. Navy also built their naval guns differently than the British. That if you were to cut an old 14" gun barrel in half you would see they used coiled piano wire around the the steel tube that the rifled sleeve would fit in too.

The British Navy always claimed that American Navy guns drooped. Don't remember at this time how the Brits made their large naval guns but they didn't use coiled wire.

I've just recieved a PM not to feed the trolls.

LMAO... you call for the death of millions of Americans.. and I'm a troll....

ROFLMAO...

Considering they're locking up anyone making threats in this country, and obtaining a nuke is not impossible, perhaps this should be forwarded to the proper authorities. Ever been on a watch list? Do you ever fly anywhere?

I like all vets are already on Big Sis Terrorist List.

along with all the other people in a civilian society who have been payed to kill people in the plural?

I have a friend in Homeland Security, and one in.. ummm... another federal enforcement agency... emails sent.

I wonder what they'd find taking a closer look at your emails, internet history and the files on your computer. If a kid can make a bad joke playing a video game and get locked up, taking you out of society is a no-brainer.

I have a friend in Homeland Security, and one in.. ummm... another federal enforcement agency... emails sent.

I wonder what they'd find taking a closer look at your emails, internet history and the files on your computer. If a kid can make a bad joke playing a video game and get locked up, taking you out of society is a no-brainer.

Do you live under a rock ? The NSA already have all of my e-mails and phone records.

Well thanks for the heads up anyways. I better move my LAV-25 into the garage tonight as soon as those three black SUV's outside of my house move.

Do you live under a rock ? The NSA already have all of my e-mails and phone records.

Well thanks for the heads up anyways. I better move my LAV-25 into the garage tonight as soon as those three black SUV's outside of my house move.

Sure, they have them... but likely haven't looked at or scrutinized them. Let's see if you get some special attention. btw, those that you share these thoughts and beliefs with are may now be at risk as well. Way to go!

along with all the other people in a civilian society who have been payed to kill people in the plural?

I was only trained and paid to kill communist.

If I remember correctly, I was paid around $190 per month and got a $65 bonus for being shot at or for shooting Charley, I think they called it combat pay.

Kool, I've seen this one before. But these are all air burst.

A terrorist nuclear attack is very likely to be a ground burst.

A nuclear attack by Russia, China or any military against a populated target or industrial/military site would be an air burst. An attack on an ICBM harden missile silo could be a ground burst but it would be a dirty bomb.

As you see with the FAS calculator you can pick ground burst or air burst. There's a significant difference between air burst and ground burst.

I think that Al Qaeda had a complaint with the Wellerstein nuke map because they were all air burst.

Remember the neutron bomb ? The W-66, W-70 and W-79. (aka Politicaly Incorrect Nuke) -> W70

True, the other one has some benefits that mine doesn't. It would be really good if they made one that had all the features. The NUKEMAP one says it's getting an update this month, so maybe it will get some of those features with the update.

terrorist. reported.

That was a joke btw. I see his accounts being suspended. It seemed like a funny thread to make on the same page as the facebook dude jailed for threatening to kill a school, but alas i didnt report him. If LA goes up in smoke i will be watching from britain, and pretending this conversation didnt happen :p

Back
Top Bottom