• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What Should NASA's Highest Priority Be?

NASA's Primary Mission Should Be...?

• Restoring US Manned Spaceflight Capability

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Near Earth Monitoring via Satellite

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Deep Space Exploration

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Martian Colonization

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Lunar Colonization

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Muslim Outreach

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Scarecrow Akhbar

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Space science or Muslim outreach?

IMO it's Lunar Colonization, which will embed restoration of US manned spaceflight capability.

Since India is the only Islamic nation with significant space capability, India can do all the reacing out it wants. We need to get back to the moon.

Last edited:
What is Muslim outreach? Throwing all the Muslims into space?

What is Muslim outreach? Throwing all the Muslims into space?

I am confused about the poll myself. I think it is some kind of Xenophobia where by the fear is the muslims will colonize the moon before America?

God help us then and whatever little sanity is left on DP.

I am confused about the poll myself. I think it is some kind of Xenophobia where by the fear is the muslims will colonize the moon before America?

The poll isn't complicated.

All you have to do is click on the one radio button that most closely matches your opinion of what NASA should be doing with US taxpayer dollars.

You do know how to click a mouse, don't you?

The poll isn't complicated.

All you have to do is click on the one radio button that most closely matches your opinion of what NASA should be doing with US taxpayer dollars.

You do know how to click a mouse, don't you?

If you could tell us what the hell muslim outreach means, i'd be happy to cast my vote, as i feel doing so without fully knowing the meaning of the other options which may better suit my preference would be stupid.

Y'all are not aware that President Obama told NASA to make "reaching out to the Muslim world" one of its top priorities? There's a thread about it on DP.

Y'all are not aware that President Obama told NASA to make "reaching out to the Muslim world" one of its top priorities? There's a thread about it on DP.

lol shut up thats sarcasm right? Man thats jokes. :mrgreen:

What Should NASA's Highest Priority Be?

Whatever their bosses tell them to do.

I can't vote in this poll because there's no "other."

I think NASA's primary mission should be deep-space sex research. :mrgreen:

lol shut up thats sarcasm right? Man thats jokes. :mrgreen:

I am absolutely serious. Look it up if you don't believe me.

If you could tell us what the hell muslim outreach means, i'd be happy to cast my vote, as i feel doing so without fully knowing the meaning of the other options which may better suit my preference would be stupid.

Hello?

How about if you ask Chuck Bolden, NASA Administrator, what that phrase means.

Since you're certain what it is, why are you considering it as a poll option? Do you think international diplomacy is the proper task for a bureaucrat appointed to head the world's premier aerospace agency?

Hello?

How about if you ask Chuck Bolden, NASA Administrator, what that phrase means.

Since you're certain what it is, why are you considering it as a poll option? Do you think international diplomacy is the proper task for a bureaucrat appointed to head the world's premier aerospace agency?

I was asking you to tell me what it meant. You didn't clarify what exactly Muslim outreach meant. You assumed, however, that we did.
Goshin was kind enough to inform me.
Thanks Goshin.

I was asking you to tell me what it meant. You didn't clarify what exactly Muslim outreach meant. You assumed, however, that we did.
Goshin was kind enough to inform me.
Thanks Goshin.

Goshin:

Y'all are not aware that President Obama told NASA to make "reaching out to the Muslim world" one of its top priorities?

Sorry, that is not a description of what "muslim outreach is". In you look closely, you can see the use of the words "reaching out" and "Muslim". Hence, it is not a definition, merely a restatement.

But I'm glad you found a phony way to save face.

Can you now discuss the topic?

I voted for "Lunar Colonization".

Because really, colonizing the moon would require "Restoring US Manned Spaceflight Capability", so that's redundant.

After that, in this order:
  1. Deep Space Exploration
  2. Near Earth Monitoring via Satellite
  3. Martian Colonization
  4. Muslim Outreach

Last edited:
I can't vote in this poll because there's no "other."

I think NASA's primary mission should be deep-space sex research. :mrgreen:

I am unable to vote truthfully because 'Other' was not an option.
However Redress stated the only way anyone should vote.
They do whatever their Boss tells them to do.
If they are disatisfied with whatever that is, they can always perform the honorable act by resigning.

Sorry, that is not a description of what "muslim outreach is". In you look closely, you can see the use of the words "reaching out" and "Muslim". Hence, it is not a definition, merely a restatement.

But I'm glad you found a phony way to save face.

Can you now discuss the topic?

What are you talking about? Your having one of those hugo chavez rants.

Back
Top Bottom