• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What should happen to parents who have a child die of covid and they have refused to vaccinate and/or wwear a mask?

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Adults can decide for themselves about vaccines and masks, but do they put their children in harms way of they fail to do so. If their child dies of covid should they be punished in any way for their failure to take proper safety precautions?

Are patents held responsible when they're kids kill someone with their guns they've left lying around?

Adults can decide for themselves about vaccines and masks, but do they put their children in harms way of they fail to do so. If their child dies of covid should they be punished in any way for their failure to take proper safety precautions?

No, a typical parent should not be "punished in any way."

In the first place, life is FULL of "harms," not just for children, but for everyone. The possibility of "harms" exists both inside and outside one's home, just about any time one encounters another person, plant, animal, inanimate thing, even the open atmosphere.

To make someone completely safe would require a level of "security" so oppressive life would hardly be worth living.

Meanwhile, there is a lot of "scaremongering" about a disease that evidence so far shows a minimal threat (might catch a cold) to the vast majority of children. A threat that even among those who do experience infection risks only a tiny proportion to serious illness and/or death.

We also know now which members of any age in our society are at greatest risk, i.e. those who already have serious lung (breathing) issues, AND one or more OTHER co-morbidities. (Same as a typical Flu season BTW).

Now if one could show a particular parent (single parent home), or pair of parents had a child who was at high risk and refused to take precautions, then perhaps a case could be made of abuse.

Otherwise? No, as IMO we've already gone overboard in the "child protection" ideology to a point where even "harsh words" can get a child removed from parental custody.

(Small wonder we have so many growing up to be selfish, self-centered egotists. Doubt me? Check TikTok and Twitter feeds sometime.)

Last edited:
If their child dies of covid should they be punished in any way for their failure to take proper safety precautions?
Assuming they are not evangelical wing nuts... ..we won't need to help punish them they will punish themselves enough. The wing nuts will celebrate the fact the children have gone to their Lord. It is beyond my ability to comprehend.

I would have to be more familiar with case law to say yes or no. Do you have anything that says parents would be held liable for their childrens' deaths should they choose for themselves to not have taken the vaccine? I haven't found anything after searching.

What should happen to parents who have a child die of covid and they have refused to vaccinate and/or wwear a mask?​

Children die every day because of all kinds of decisions their parents made. The loss of their child is punishment enough.

Parents have the natural right, given right in this country, to raise their children anyway they'd like absent of proven neglect or abuse. Neglect and abuse are serious charges and would have to be proven in a court of law. Parents also have the right to refuse the vaccines for themselves.

I don't see how parents could then be held liable for their child's death should the child succumb to Covid. The court would have to prove the parents acted with malice.

So no, I don't think unvaccinated parents would be held criminally liable should they child pass from Covid.

Children die every day because of all kinds of decisions their parents made. The loss of their child is punishment enough.

On face value I agree. However, if known neglect or abuse can be attributed to directly causing the child's death, hell yes, they should be held culpable. My thinking is that Covid isn't one of those known neglect or abuses though because everyone in this country who is of age, has the right to refuse Covid vaccinations for their own personal reasons.

However, if known neglect or abuse can be attributed to directly causing the child's death, hell yes, they should be held culpable. My thinking is that Covid isn't one of those known neglect or abuses
Is refusing blood transfusions or certain medical procedures like chemo considered neglect or abuse in your opinion ?

Is refusing blood transfusions or certain medical procedures like chemo considered neglect or abuse in your opinion ?

IYO, does everyone, including parents, have the legal right to refuse Covid vaccines?
If your answer is yes, your question above is rendered irrelevant.

What should happen to parents who have a child die of covid and they have refused to vaccinate and/or wwear a mask?​

Yes, I think it must be along the lines of the parent who backs his vehicle in the driveway over a toddler.

I can't think of any stronger punishment knowing you indirectly caused the death of your child.

IYO, does everyone, including parents, have the legal right to refuse Covid vaccines?
If your answer is yes, your question above is rendered irrelevant.
I have not mentioned legal right . The issue is bigger than that for me.......we have the legal right to do many things with our little children after all they have no one else to speak for them.

What should happen to parents whose kids are struck by meteors?

Now do abortion.

I have not mentioned legal right . The issue is bigger than that for me.......we have the legal right to do many things with our little children after all they have no one else to speak for them.

I have been mentioning legal parental rights, legal rights for adults to not take the C-vaccine. Let's not muddy the waters... If you want to ask me those questions again, start another thread.

Thanks. :)

have been mentioning legal parental rights, legal rights for adults to not take the C-vaccine. Let's not muddy the waters... I
......and I have not. Offering my opinion on this matter is not muddying the waters. It is simply my opinion just as yours is yours

The same as when a child dies as any other result of parental neglect.

Losing a child because of your own poor decisions is punishment enough...

Jordan Peterson on the INSANE relationship between tyranny, authoritarian beliefs and infectious diseases:

Given how many of our self-described "tolerant" posters on the left here feel the "urge" to share such authoritarian beliefs as we're seeing virtually every day now, I'd have to say Peterson is spot on.

Rachel Levine told Rand Paul that if a little kid wants a sex change operation and the parents don't like the idea, that the government should have the right to take the kid from the parents and give it the operation.

......and I have not. Offering my opinion on this matter is not muddying the waters. It is simply my opinion just as yours is yours

OK, but your opinion wrapped in an off topic question has no bearing to anything I've said, hence your question IMO, are deemed irrelevant.

Rachel Levine told Rand Paul that if a little kid wants a sex change operation and the parents don't like the idea, that the government should have the right to take the kid from the parents and give it the operation.
homer-shocked.gif

and how do we deal with them for all the other kids their child infected?

Losing a child because of your own poor decisions is punishment enough...

My first thought too which is what prompted my post, just above. It is not as simple as just losing their child.

Back
Top Bottom