• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What should Dems counter offer to Trump over the shutdown and the wall?

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
My suggestion would be the 5 billion for Trump's wall and the Dems get DACA, straight up. What would you suggest the Dems to counter offer?

My suggestion would be the 5 billion for Trump's wall and the Dems get DACA, straight up. What would you suggest the Dems to counter offer?

5 Billion?....Is that the price trump is holding DACA for?.....Is that the ransom price?.....Forget it

Trump can have his wall whem the check from Mexico clears.

DACA

Less counter-offer and more a trade, to reverse some bull****.

He could tweet photos of previously built sections or the Great Wall of China...the average trump supporter wouldn't know

Hey! China built a great wall, and they have very few Mexican illegal immigrants.

Jus sayin

I say increased border security funding (NOT A WALL) in exchange for DACA and a bill to protect the special counsel investigation.

Otherwise, our offer is nothing and the GOP can eat a dick for as long as it takes.

His resignation. The Democrats should counter by asking for Trump's resignation.

The Democrats should not negotiate with Trump for his Wall. Trump has a long history of not keeping his word. Trump has a long history of lying. Trump is in no way dependable.

Americans don't want Trump's Wall. Why negotiate for something you don't want?

$1.95 for a beaded curtain.

protection for DACA and temporary protection status recipients, require the US to immediately allow entry to every immigrant claiming asylum, and a doubling of immigration quotas from south and central american countries

And a $5B check from Mexico

I say increased border security funding (NOT A WALL) in exchange for DACA and a bill to protect the special counsel investigation.

Otherwise, our offer is nothing and the GOP can eat a dick for as long as it takes.

His resignation. The Democrats should counter by asking for Trump's resignation.

The Democrats should not negotiate with Trump for his Wall. Trump has a long history of not keeping his word. Trump has a long history of lying. Trump is in no way dependable.

Americans don't want Trump's Wall. Why negotiate for something you don't want?

protection for DACA and temporary protection status recipients, require the US to immediately allow entry to every immigrant claiming asylum, and a doubling of immigration quotas from south and central american countries

And a $5B check from Mexico

Am I a hypocrite for liking all of these equally?

I'd offer a nice steaming cup of go **** yourself until the next Congress is seated. Then we can negotiate.

Not just one dick. All of the dicks.

Trump himself and the GOP as a whole have proven themselves to be bad-faith negotiators. I wouldn't give a nanometer. Let those pigs rot.

PERFECT. Absolutely perfect.

Except the "eating a dick" part. I'm not interested in seeing what GOP lawmakers (at least the ones who haven't gotten caught) do in their spare time.

I wonder how many people know that Trump has actually made an offer to fund the government in return for an amount lower than $5 Million...but the Dems are ignoring it. To this date, they have not acknowledged the offer or made a counter offer. What this indicates is that they have no intention of negotiating...at least not right now.

There is a suspicion that no deal will be worked on until Pelosi becomes Speaker. This is because if she makes a deal...reopens the government...she will be seen as weak and she may NOT get the Speaker position.

I've seen no indication that the media is making their useful idiots aware of this situation. After all, they are working against Trump. It makes more sense to make this shutdown Trump's fault.

I wonder how those government workers would feel if they knew that they won't get paid because Nancy wants to be Speaker of the House.

Last edited:
Am I a hypocrite for liking all of these equally?
Nah, I'm torn myself.

One the one hand, I'd rather not one penny go towards this fantasy wall, but on the other hand it could be an opportunity to help those families who's citizenship is legal limbo.

Still, the Democrats need to play hardball and put a time limit on any hypothetical deal, making it clear that if the Republicans **** around too much (or Trump pulls the rug up at the last minute), the deal will be off the table for good, and then we'll not be willing to give them anything but the stopgap bill.

Much to my surprise, the Democrats have so far played the spirit of this game.

Trump himself and the GOP as a whole have proven themselves to be bad-faith negotiators. I wouldn't give a nanometer. Let those pigs rot.

I don't hate Trump enough to wish him to eat my dick as well. A bag of all the recently deceased dicks is something I think we can all get on board with.

I wonder how many people know that Trump has actually made an offer to fund the government in return for an amount lower than $5 Million...but the Dems are ignoring it. To this date, they have not acknowledged the offer or made a counter offer. What this indicates is that they have no intention of negotiating...at least not right now.

Anybody want to answer this for Mycroft? Anybody? Anybody?

Bueller? Bueller?

It's because -- there -- will -- be -- no -- wall. Ever.

It's pointless to debate this, because it's simply not happening.

PERFECT. Absolutely perfect.

Except the "eating a dick" part. I'm not interested in seeing what GOP lawmakers (at least the ones who haven't gotten caught) do in their spare time.
Nah, just leave with some of their own kind.

NauticalSoreBluetickcoonhound-size_restricted.gif

Bueller? Bueller?

Nope, no Bueller here.

There's a Mueller that's turning the Trump world upside down, but no Bueller.

Bueller? Bueller?

So...you don't care that the Dems will callously prevent government workers getting paid in their goal to get Nancy her Speakership.

I'm not surprised.

So...you don't care that the Dems will callously prevent government workers getting paid in their goal to get Nancy her Speakership.

I'm not surprised.

You should check with your president on that. It's his shut down, after all. Need I remind you of where he said it, or are you good?

Back
Top Bottom