• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What say Christian apologists — can man irritate God?

Valery

Reaction score
I was told that man can hurt God. If that was a premise, wouldn't it be logical that man would also be able to irritate god?

I was told that man can hurt God. If that was a premise, wouldn't it be logical that man would also be able to irritate god?

If God is love, why can He not also feel sadness?

If God is love, why can He not also feel sadness?
1. God is love?? I suppose you ripped that out of the Bible somehow, but does it actually say it?
2. Is one supposed to follow from the other?

1. God is love?? I suppose you ripped that out of the Bible somehow, but does it actually say it?

"Whoever does not love has not come to know God, because God is love." 1 John 4:8

If one can feel love, common sense tells me one can also feel hurt...

I don't think so. Rather God allows ancient Jews to have a better understand of His deeds from a human perspective. God's wraith and jealousy are perceived by the Jews from a human perspective, or otherwise they can't reason to explain why God has to "do so". God allows that because it no point to demand humans to have a full understanding on why a God comes a decision to act. "God is a jealousy" on the other hand has very significant impact on the Jews for them to keep a monotheism amount their neighbors who mostly adapt a polytheism. "God's wraith" in effect adds up to the obedience of the Jews. They both are actually a strong expression on "I don't like this very much, that's why I act so".

I don't think so. Rather God allows ancient Jews to have a better understand of His deeds from a human perspective. God's wraith and jealousy are perceived by the Jews from a human perspective, or otherwise they can't reason to explain why God has to "do so". God allows that because it no point to demand humans to have a full understanding on why a God comes a decision to act. "God is a jealousy" on the other hand has very significant impact on the Jews for them to keep a monotheism amount their neighbors who mostly adapt a polytheism. "God's wraith" in effect adds up to the obedience of the Jews. They both are actually a strong expression on "I don't like this very much, that's why I act so".

Do you mean wrath? A wraith is a ghost.

All we can do is consult scripture, see what it has to say...

can man irritate God?

Well, if you are a follower of that belief, didnt he flood the world and also nuke Sodom and Gomorrah because the humans ticked him off?

Well, one would have to demonstrate that such a primitive construct actually exists before anyone could state thus with any degree of certainty. Then one would need to provide a compelling argument with credible evidence before the claim could be recognised as an hypothesis.

sin hurts God

"Whoever does not love has not come to know God, because God is love." 1 John 4:8

If one can feel love, common sense tells me one can also feel hurt...
God's feelings are not like human feelings. His love is not like our love. So applying the same logic to God that you apply to humans is quite bound to lead you astray. Nevertheless, that type of reasoning led me to make this topic. So how is it — can man irritate God?

God's feelings are not like human feelings. His love is not like our love. So applying the same logic to God that you apply to humans is quite bound to lead you astray. Nevertheless, that type of reasoning led me to make this topic. So how is it — can man irritate God?

Sure they can...just the same as a son or daughter can hurt their father by their actions...

Man can more than irritate God. Man can anger God!
Man can anger God so much that man can bring on the wrath of God! We've seen that from the Old Testament.

Can you clarify please: do Muslims believe in the Old Testament?

Because I think Muslims worship the Abrahamic God - am I right?
Do you believe in the Book of Genesis?

Well, one would have to demonstrate that such a primitive construct actually exists before anyone could state thus with any degree of certainty. Then one would need to provide a compelling argument with credible evidence before the claim could be recognised as an hypothesis.
:roll:

Irrelevant.

The OP is on the assumption that God exists.
Logically - the response should be within that context.

Last edited:

Yes, God is love.

God's love is what we'd know as agape.

The Greek word agape is often translated “love” in the New Testament. How is “agape love” different from other types of love? The essence of agape love is goodwill, benevolence, and willful delight in the object of love. Unlike our English word love, agape is not used in the New Testament to refer to romantic or sexual love. Nor does it refer to close friendship or brotherly love, for which the Greek word philia is used.

Agape love involves faithfulness, commitment, and an act of the will.
It is distinguished from the other types of love by its lofty moral nature and strong character.
Agape love is beautifully described in 1 Corinthians 13.

Outside of the New Testament, the word agape is used in a variety of contexts, but in the vast majority of instances in the New Testament it carries distinct meaning.
Agape is almost always used to describe the love that is of and from God, whose very nature is love itself: “God is love” (1 John 4:8).
God does not merely love; He is love itself. Everything God does flows from His love. Agape is also used to describe our love for God (Luke 10:27), a servant’s faithful respect to his master (Matthew 6:24), and a man’s attachment to things (John 3:19).
What is agape love? | GotQuestions.org

Last edited:
Can you clarify please: do Muslims believe in the Old Testament?

Because I think Muslims worship the Abrahamic God - am I right?
Do you believe in the Book of Genesis?
No, yes and no. Muslims believe in the original Torah.

Atheists can tell you, they know more about Christianiy than Christians do, just ask them.

:roll:

Irrelevant.

The OP is on the assumption that God exists.
Logically - the response should be within that context.

What a silly response. When one constructs a reasoned argument, one develops it through premises with supporting evidence.

Your 'discussion thread would probably come across as more sincere as an actual 'discussion thread' if you didnt include your own mindless hatred and bigotry in the thread title...just sayin.

As for your question...are you a parent? Do you love your children? Can they be annoying sometimes? If they irritate you or disappoint you, do you stop loving them?

At the end of the day, I suppose it comes down to your belief in who God is. If you see God as an all powerful omnipotent being full of judgement and vengeance, that is likely to influence how you feel about how He see's humans. However if you see him as a loving Father that HAPPENS TO BE omnipotent and all powerful, then you may well better understand Him.

Why do you only ask christian apologists?

As a Muslim, what do you think? How do you answer your own questions? Put your cards on the table.

There's obviously plenty of christians who believe god sends hurricanes and tornadoes and "natural disasters" as a sign that he/she is pissed off at man.
Pretty sure it's easy to find youtube videos of "preachers" stating that outright. Pat Robertson comes to mind immediately.

Do Muslims believe that as well? Do Muslims believe god strikes out in anger at man in the 21st century with "natural disasters"?

The increase in natural disasters are mainly caused by man's own selfish actions, not God's...are they a sign of the last days...Jesus said they would be...

Back
Top Bottom