• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What sacrifices would you be willing to make for what gains in politics?

dex4974

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Communist
For example what would Republicans have to offer Democrats in exchange for their wall? Surely there's some kind of trade that would be worth seeing it built. Are there any party issues that are less important to you and can potentially be used to negotiate with? Is working and bargaining with the other side just a no go?

For example what would Republicans have to offer Democrats in exchange for their wall? Surely there's some kind of trade that would be worth seeing it built. Are there any party issues that are less important to you and can potentially be used to negotiate with? Is working and bargaining with the other side just a no go?

Immigration reform.

Only person that wants a wall is trump and that is only because he promised the deplorables that voted for him one.

All rational people know that republicans aren't serious about getting rid of all that cheap illegal labor

Yea I don't think a democratic "Come on in, y'all. We have free ****" policy would fly.

Does that put you in the "no compromise" camp then?

Yea I don't think a democratic "Come on in, y'all. We have free ****" policy would fly.

The Republican idea that "negotiation" means "my way or the highway" certainly doesn't.

Does that put you in the "no compromise" camp then?

It puts me in the I am not dumb enough to believe that either of these two parties would be willing to take that trade camp.

The Gang of 8 immigration bill that passed the Senate with over 60 votes that Boehner refused to ever bring up in the house would be acceptable to Democrats.

It puts me in the I am not dumb enough to believe that either of these two parties would be willing to take that trade camp.

I think we can put you in the "my way or the Highway" camp. The country may go to hell but who cares.

A wall is a waste of money. If you want border security, the funds can be spent more efficiently. Wall supporters are supporters of illegal immigration.

A wall is a waste of money.

That's not the question. Waste of money or not a lot of people have expressed wanting a wall, which means a wall is a potential bargaining chip. What would be a fair compromise for what you see as a waste of money in a wall?

That's not the question. Waste of money or not a lot of people have expressed wanting a wall, which means a wall is a potential bargaining chip. What would be a fair compromise for what you see as a waste of money in a wall?

I have no motivation to "compromise" on wasteful spending. If you want border security, that can be done. A wall is a stupid way to do it and I couldn't care less if someone wants it.

I have no motivation to "compromise" on wasteful spending.

If both sides have that mindset there will be deadlock because either side considers funds used by the other side to be wasteful. Your mindset destroys a lot of potential for compromise. The left could get something it would never otherwise get in exchange for that compromise. Both sides could walk away with something they're content with.

If both sides have that mindset there will be deadlock because either side considers funds used by the other side to be wasteful. Your mindset destroys a lot of potential for compromise. The left could get something it would never otherwise get in exchange for that compromise. Both sides could walk away with something they're content with.

"Both sidesism" is a pathetic cop out for people to lazy and ignorant to realize that there's no comparing these two parties. The GOP is actively malicious and is intentionally burning **** to the ground. You cannot compromise with an arsonist.

The wall is an absolute waste of time and money to appeal to racists and xenophobes who believe that immigrants are taking their jobs but immigration is not a serious issue. Immigrants aren't taking your jobs because you have the right to apply and go work beside them. If you want to blame someone then blame the owners who hired them or who offshore corporations to pay workers in 3rd world counties wages that are far below American minimum wage.

listen-up-here-uncle-uwes-world-of-wonder-every-single-47355450.png

"Both sidesism" is a pathetic cop out for people to lazy and ignorant to realize that there's no comparing these two parties. The GOP is actively malicious and is intentionally burning **** to the ground. You cannot compromise with an arsonist.

So compromise is impossible?

I have no motivation to "compromise" on wasteful spending. If you want border security, that can be done. A wall is a stupid way to do it and I couldn't care less if someone wants it.

I know it's a waste of money but it'll make Fatso happy and if we can stabilize and modernize immigration that will be a good thing.

Only person that wants a wall is trump and that is only because he promised the deplorables that voted for him one.

All rational people know that republicans aren't serious about getting rid of all that cheap illegal labor
All the truly rational people know that democrats aren't serious about getting rid of cheap illegal labor because they believe the lowly immigrant will vote for the hollow democrat promises, just the same as black americans have done for decades. As far as your "deplorable" comments, the deplorables are those who can't take a stand on the massive abortion of babies in the womb, the violence in cities run by democrats and the and the attempt by democrats to remove a sitting President based on fabricated evidence which even Mueller agreed proved, NO Collusion.

I know it's a waste of money but it'll make Fatso happy and if we can stabilize and modernize immigration that will be a good thing.

You might be surprised by what you can get from a deal if you approach the negotiation table honestly and fairly. I think the powers that be don't want us to negotiate and compromise because it'll humanize the other side to some extent. They want us full of hate and distrust.

You might be surprised by what you can get from a deal if you approach the negotiation table honestly and fairly. I think the powers that be don't want us to negotiate and compromise because it'll humanize the other side to some extent. They want us full of hate and distrust.

The Democrats offered to shave off a trillion dollars of their 3 trillion dollar COVID relief bill. They asked Republicans what they would concede in return. The Republicans offered nothing. This does not lead me to believe that Republicans negotiate in anything resembling good faith.

So compromise is impossible?

Correct. You can't compromise with someone whose primary motivation is inflicting harm. "How much harm are you willing to let us inflict" is not a conversation worth having. **** em.

I have no interest in humanizing fascists.

I would be willing to have an affordable open UBC program on all gun sales including private sellers in exchange for a nationwide concealed carry.

I would be willing to require new construction of public buildings to have a men’s, woman’s and universal restrooms in exchange for requiring people to use the either the universal or gender of record instead of what they choose to identify with.

I would be willing to repeal the Trump tax cuts in exchange for a balanced budget amendment or term limits for federally elected positions.

Back
Top Bottom