• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

What Republicans MUST believe..

Youve Got To Be Kidding! said:
1. Yes there is... The part where it said nor any services allowed by, like visiting them on death bed, or paying money for insurance for them... you know stuff like that... How about denying hate crime bill that made it a hate crime to bash someones skull in cause they are gay?
What's the point of passing hate crime legislation when it's already illegal to bash ANYONE'S skull in, redundancies abound in political correctness, as well as a lack of common sense.

2. Your Co-Allition is a ****ING JOKE.
Aparantly not since we are steadily replacing more Democrats each year, besides, we're not the ones screaming on national television like a bunch of loons in need of their meds. Oh god, I said loons, not very P.C. of me, I should have said "sanity challenged"

3. Yes Neo Cons are for cheap labor. They love letting wetbacks take your jobs and sending the rest to communist and third world countries cuase it is cheaper. They also like keeping there money tied up over there. Because Coorporate America IS THE REPUBLICAN GOVERNMENT NOW.
Two words for you Heinz Ketchup.

4. That is actualy what is going on. Face it. No dont look there no need right. They really are looking out for our best interests and our state parks and our retirement and health insurance and my god I love them all they sure do a lot for me. Out of the goodness of there own hearts.
I don't even know what the hell you're talking about here.

5. He ate 30 Oxycottons a day. Hes a ****ING DRUG ADDICT AND WAS ABUSING NARCOTICS. GET A ****ING CLUE.
Listen to yourself, 30 a day, he'd be a corpse.

Congress gave him the money that he threw away. He wanted a Multibillion dollar blank check and they said **** you. Your not getting another one. That is how the cow ate the cabbage xxxxxxxxxxxx. I put those x's there not the forum. I will take chocolate chip cookies. 2 of em.
????????

7. He did not inhale.... maybe not through his mouth, Your ****ing president was a coke head. Not to mention a ****in drunk... And I really doubt he quit drinking... He had a praise the "Have's and the Have More's" toast and it really looked like kry'stal to me. I dont think he was drinking punch. Unless it was spiked. At least Clinton did not get arrested for smoking pot. Buish did for drinking and driving.
Petty garbage, stick to real issues, or at least current ones.

14. the intelligence was kinda like evolution. It was a sound theory and it was right... there where no WMD. You really need to stop drinking and driving dude. dont fall asleep at the wheel. My god youve lost it all. Pay attention for gods sake.
Where's the debate in all these rants, all you do is attack and tow party lines.

Dude, seriously, put down the Kool Aid and get a clue. Whining, complaining, and throwing baseless attacks are not forms of debate and not a great way to gain acceptance for your message.

How come whenever someone brings the truth to light people always accuse them of siding with Michael Moore. I am open minded enough to listen to anything anyone has to say and give it fair thought. However when I see the way this country is going and how some are blinded to the truth or they are just to stuck up to admit are wrong then we are all in for trouble. Why can't some of you guys admit that you are wrong and you are being lied to and are a pawn for this administration to justify their atrocities? And we did put Saddamm and Osama to what they have become. Kind of like giving a child some candy then grounding him for possessing the candy you just gave him.

For the life of me, I can't understand why this obvious bait thread is not in the basement?:confused:

americanwoman said:
How come whenever someone brings the truth to light people always accuse them of siding with Michael Moore. I am open minded enough to listen to anything anyone has to say and give it fair thought. However when I see the way this country is going and how some are blinded to the truth or they are just to stuck up to admit are wrong then we are all in for trouble.
Fine then, here's my challenge, if you want to say your side owns the truth find us some incontrovertable evidence form and independent source, not something from Fareighnheit 9/11, or moveon.org and the
likeWhy can't some of you guys admit that you are wrong and you are being lied to and are a pawn for this administration to justify their atrocities?
Don't accuse people of being pawns when you stick to the other side of the argument and assume it's true.

Youve Got To Be Kidding! said:
1. Yes there is... The part where it said nor any services allowed by, like visiting them on death bed, or paying money for insurance for them... you know stuff like that... How about denying hate crime bill that made it a hate crime to bash someones skull in cause they are gay?
I've never seen such a bill in my entire life. Could you please point this out to us? You're right it may not be considered a "hate crime" but it's considered "Murder". Is that not enough?

2. Your Co-Allition is a ****ING JOKE.
Yeah that's right, deaths are nothing but a joke.. we should laugh it up because you know, it's all funny (/end sarcasm). Actually, I believe they're serious.. I mean they brought guns and stuff.

3. Yes Neo Cons are for cheap labor. They love letting wetbacks take your jobs and sending the rest to communist and third world countries cuase it is cheaper. They also like keeping there money tied up over there. Because Coorporate America IS THE REPUBLICAN GOVERNMENT NOW.
You're making a good statement for yourself! Not only do you lack the decency to call a person of Mexican Decent a "Mexican" but you're also a racist.. ( DO NOT USE RACIAL SLURS!!!)
Uh-Oh! Its strange that everybody is now complaining now about Cheap Labor.. when it's been happening since the foundations for America were laid! Personally, I hate the idea of such labor, in-fact if I saw such an event I'd punch the one forcing the labor in the face. (That's right Galen, I'm hXc)

4. That is actualy what is going on. Face it. No dont look there no need right. They really are looking out for our best interests and our state parks and our retirement and health insurance and my god I love them all they sure do a lot for me. Out of the goodness of there own hearts.

I agree with the fact that politicans are nothng but blood-sucking rodents, but I'm not going to admit that they're reason for living is to screw with such things..

5. He ate 30 Oxycottons a day. Hes a ****ING DRUG ADDICT AND WAS ABUSING NARCOTICS. GET A ****ING CLUE.
Hahah 30 Oxycottons a day? No body could live through that nor afford such an expense.
6. OK I am REALLY BITING MY TOUNGE HERE. I am refraining from cursing you. Give me a cookie will you? I really want to curse you your family and everyone you know about for that one.

HAHA are you really that tunnel visioned? To the point where if someone makes a true statement about your political party you'll want to curse their family? ok Gothika! It's true that Democrats did some Military Cuts! Though at the time it seemed like a good idea, not any more! I'm not sure if you've gone through Middle-School yet, but there's actually a program to help people who can't control what kind of language comes out of their mouth. Good Going attacking Vauge on a personal issue!

Congress gave him the money that he threw away. He wanted a Multibillion dollar blank check and they said **** you. Your not getting another one. That is how the cow ate the cabbage xxxxxxxxxxxx. I put those x's there not the forum. I will take chocolate chip cookies. 2 of em.
Indeed he did start throwing it away. But wait.. did the left not begin to cry that our troops weren't prepared enough? So where did all this money go, if not for armor and other military needs? That's right! HE MUST HAVE put the money in his bank account, in-fact I bet he's right now giggling like a little girl because somehow he cheated Congress out of billions of dollars and no one ever noticed (/end Sarcasm).
7. He did not inhale.... maybe not through his mouth, Your ****ing president was a coke head. Not to mention a ****in drunk... And I really doubt he quit drinking... He had a praise the "Have's and the Have More's" toast and it really looked like kry'stal to me. I dont think he was drinking punch. Unless it was spiked. At least Clinton did not get arrested for smoking pot. Buish did for drinking and driving.
Honestly, I vaguely remeber a time when Clinton was on trial and people were saying "The scandal shouldn't have anything to do with him being president" or some sort of bogus junk like that. But now! If Bush smokes pot and drinks then he's not qualified to be a President, not saying that I want him as my President. But that shouldn't make a difference! If he wants to smoke pot and drink (let us not forget Jesus Christ Drank as well) then the more power to him! Just not right before a Multi-National meeting.

8. No I would not encourage teenage sex. Id rather lie to them and tell them they can have a 50% chance to get aids if they go down on someone of the same sex. Id also tell em if they touch eachother they can get pregnant. Oh my favorite... condoms do not work... I like that one the most.
I hate how this is such a big issue! If your son or daughter has sex, its better that they do it with a condom then without. Yes that might encourage them, but its better then them having sex without a condom. If someone can't keep their son or daughter in line, then its not the government's fault it's the terrible parenting. NO one to blame but yourself.
9. I think they started the belittling first... Not that i disagree with them... The only way we got anyone to join the coalition of the willing was to give them all kinds of economic aid and other forms of backscratching and oh yeah perhaps a few million american jobs...
Oh yeah! That's right I forgot! All American Jobs are going to these places
Afghanistan
Albania
Angola
Australia
Azerbaijan
Bulgaria
Colombia
Costa Rica
Czech Republic
Denmark
Dominican Republic
El Salvador
Eritrea
Estonia
Ethiopia
Georgia
Honduras
Hungary
Iceland
Italy
Japan
Kuwait
Latvia
Lithuania
Macedonia
Marshall Islands
Micronesia
Mongolia
Netherlands
Nicaragua
Palau
Panama
Philippines
Poland
Portugal
Romania
Rwanda
Singapore
Slovakia
Solomon Islands
South Korea
Spain
Turkey
Uganda
Ukraine
United Kingdom
United States
Uzbekistan

10. ****ing a theres no arguement.. I hate americans to. I would rather feed another country than feed my own.
Why don't you get off of your computer and walk down the street with food. Stop by EVERYSINGLE homeless person, give them the food, and invite them into your home. Then see how easy it is to feed every single American. Don't give me that! I believe that the opportunities for homeless people aren't endless, but they have chances.

11. I htoght you said you DID NOT LIKE THE TALIBAN... (who was also guests in texas by the president) buissuiness partners i might add. We sure do like fucing over our buddies dont we.... osama saddam taliban... list ad infinum... WAR THEORY i think.... The "christian" one that says war is always good for finances...
Haha Tell Another One!!!! :rofl
You're one of the funniest people of all time. That's right! We all <3 terrorists! I've got a pin-up poster of Osama Bin Laden in my room. Actually yesterday, I had brunch with a ranking member of the Taliban.. it was pretty awesome I mean he's like American n stuff. Oh yeah I think I remember partying with them a couple years ago, good stuff. /end sarcasm. Please stay in-school.
12. You where smoking crack and missed that for how long???
And you didn't know about it till Michael Moore poisioned your mind! If you have a copy of F911 at home, then take it out-side, dig a hole in a patch of dirt, and burry it. Make sure you give a good last speech to it. Micheal Moore is my enemy.

13. Is that the moral base that the right wing wants to get us back to ?? giving chemical weapons to dictators to use on their people.... god damn I think that is why we BLEW IRAQ UP. Aint it **** I must be missing something. Oh yeah They just thought about it, not that they really could... we do it and its ok they think about it perhaps 8 years ago and we SLAUGHTER EM like pigs....
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/6496898
I'm against the war, of course, but I don't think cursing is required in order to make your stand against the war. Yeah giving them weapons was a mistake but if the country asks for help, we should be there to help them.. I mean we're playing World Police nowadays.

Id enjoy it to I sure do love playing americas army... Funny I play the game they sent my 7 year old little boy....
Are you sure you're not the 7 Year Old Boy and you mean they sent it to your dad? You're a bit immature to be a parent (but that's just from what I see on these forums, no personal hatred towards you) just put him on the free zone list. http://www.militaryfreezone.org/

14. the intelligence was kinda like evolution. It was a sound theory and it was right... there where no WMD. You really need to stop drinking and driving dude. dont fall asleep at the wheel. My god youve lost it all. Pay attention for gods sake.
Haha, I don't see how Drinking and Driving have anything to do with a mistake that costed thousands of military lives. From what I'm understanding, you're trying to draw a line from Drinking and Driving to stupidity? That's right ladies, you all know drinking alcoholic beverages will cause you to be stupid!

15. impaticularly i remember that all people where equal and the underdog had rights in this country not to be persecuted. Lets not talk about the church writing laws... After all its not a (Moral) <--- christian only one that counts majority that got bush in. Hell we gave him a MANDATE remember.
No no, let us talk about Church Laws. You begin!

16. Iehter have the mysterious 3 buildings that went down or the 6000 peopel who died cause of 9-11
I would actually respond to this, if I know what "Iether" means, it's def. not an English word.

17. actually he was a heroe back then durring the war... Lets get our facts straight here... Im confused vietnam was a bad war back then now its a good war and kerry was a traitor now and a heroe then.. comeon man historys all ready ben written. weve already seen that film, you can not tell us we dont know what were talkin about.
Oh Don't give me that BS! Kerry nor Bush were Heros (yes Hero, not heroe) The Vietnamese War was pointless, it was sensless killing another tally mark in the "Communist" colum on the "America VS Communism" Chart.
Heros aren't made by how many people they kill, they're made by what they stood for!
18. no arguement here.... course not your good little communist brain wont let you.
Am I missing something? Since when did the left start calling the right "communists"? Oh dear god, won't you people stop!
19. yup all that is pure make believe. I got a damn ill give it to you at pennies on the dollar hell ill sell it to you for 20,000$ Pesos please they probobaly have more stability than our dollar.
.... That's right.. the people you've made fun of earlier are leaving their country because they'd rather down-grade then up-grade. Very intelligent.

americanwoman said:
Whats funny is I have NEVER seen f 911 or went to moveon.org.
That's fine and good but what I am getting at is that most of the "truth" that people claim to get from the internet is speculation, unsubstantiated theories, or even worse, made up which is why I say that if you want to call someone else blind you have to back it up.

Look I also think ALL policitcians are rich bast$rds that lie and cheat their way into power so they can have their own agenda to do what they want. So I stand up when either side does something without justification. Such as going to war in Iraq without a logical reason.I fully support everything we have done in Afghanistan. Please enlighten me with one logical reason we should be in Iraq other than because of Saddam's evil dictatorship. Because we all know he's evil but if thats cause for war then there are plenty of other countries that could use our help.

americanwoman said:
Look I also think ALL policitcians are rich bast$rds that lie and cheat their way into power so they can have their own agenda to do what they want. So I stand up when either side does something without justification.
I can support that line of thinking, it just came across as conservative bashing earlier.
Such as going to war in Iraq without a logical reason.I fully support everything we have done in Afghanistan. Please enlighten me with one logical reason we should be in Iraq other than because of Saddam's evil dictatorship.
To the best of my knowledge Iraq did have connections to Al-Quiada although it is heavily debated by both sides, other than that, we haven't found WMD's but haven't proven they're not there, I have a buddy who's former military and he said knowing Saddam's tactics the weapons are either in Syria, Jordan, or a couple of desert sand dunes.
Because we all know he's evil but if thats cause for war then there are plenty of other countries that could use our help.
Time will tell if we are wrong on this now, but I still say that the president deserves the benefit of the doubt on this issue, I am a republican but I would have extended the same courtesy to former president Clinton under the same circumstances, in fact, I used to get frustrated when Clinton didn't pursue Iraqi violations of the no-fly zone, violation of U.N. sanctions(not a U.N. fan, but it was a contractual obligation on their part), and other acts of agression on Saddams part.

SMIRKnCHIMP said:
It is very tough to be a Republican in 2005, because somehow, (through all the distortion) you have to believe concurrently that:

1. Jesus loves you, but shares your deep hatred of homosexuals, liberals, Muslims, Bill and Hillary Clinton.

2. The United States should get out of the United Nations, but our highest national priority is enforcing U. N. resolutions against Iraq. (No WMD’s)?

3. "Standing Tall for America" means firing your workers and in-search of stock options and cheap labor moving their jobs to India, China and South America.

4. A woman can't be trusted with decisions about her own body, but the men running multi-national corporations can make decisions affecting all humankind without regulation.

5. Being a drug addict is a moral failing and a crime, unless you're an Ambassadors son, conservative radio host, or connected to the Religious Right. Then it's an illness and you need our prayers for your recovery.

6. The best way to improve military morale is to praise the troops in speeches, while sending soldiers into battle ill equipped, slashing veterans' benefits and combat pay.

7. Group sex and drug use are degenerate sins, unless you someday run for governor of Texas or California as a Republican.

8. If condoms are kept out of schools, adolescents won't have sex. (The Twins wore the patch).

9. A good way to fight terrorism is to belittle our long-time allies, but then demand their cooperation and money.

10. HMOs and insurance companies make profits and have the interest of the public at heart… Providing health care to all Iraqis is sound policy. Providing health care to all Americans is socialism.

11. Global warming and tobacco's link to cancer are junk science, but creationism should be taught in schools.

12. It is okay that the Bush family's "Carlisle Group" has done Billions of dollars of business with the Bin Laden family.

13. Saddam was a good guy when Reagan armed him and Rumsfeld reassured him he was our buddy, a bad guy when Bush's daddy made war on him, a good guy when Cheney did business with him, but then a bad guy again when Bush junior needed a prop for his re-election campaign as the "war president."

14. A president lying about an extramarital affair is an impeachable offense. A president lying about WMD existence, to enlist support for an unprovoked, undeclared war and occupation, in which thousands of soldiers and civilians die, is, somehow, solid "defense" policy in a "War against Terrorism". The search for Chemical, Biological, and Nuccccccccccclear weapons ran its course {NONE FOUND}!

15. Government should limit itself to the powers named in the Constitution, which should include "banning gay marriages and censoring the Internet".

16. The public has a right to know about Hillary's cattle trades, but George Bush's Harken Oil stock trade should be sealed in his Daddy's library, and is none of our business.

17. What Bill Clinton or John Kerry did in the 1960s was of vital national interest but what Bush did in the 60’s, 70’s & '80s is irrelevant.

18. Trade with Cuba is wrong because the country is communist, but trade with China and Vietnam is vital to a "spirit of international harmony". MORE OUTSOURCING PLEASE!

19. Affirmative Action is wrong, but it is OK for your Daddy and his friends (here and in Saudi Arabia) to get you to graduate from Yale without studying much, to dodge the draft in the Texas Air National Guard, Donate $1 million to Harvard Business School to gain your son’s admittance, to bail out your company Harken Oil and the Texas Rangers, to get the Governorship of Texas and then to have the Supreme Court appoint you President of the USA.

20. You are a conservative, but it is OK to spend like there is no tomorrow and run up deficits that your grandchildren will have to pay, while at the same refunding as much tax money as possible to your campaign supporters. This illogical behavior can take a toll on a healthy mind. So if a friend of yours has been acting a bit dazed and confused lately, be nice: he or she may be a Republican!

By the Way.....I am the author of this piece!

This is great! If you don't mind I'm going to refer to your list often. Thanks.

LaMidRighter said:
I can support that line of thinking, it just came across as conservative bashing earlier.
I am sorry if I came across that way. I have respect for all sides of the issue.
I am just frustrated with the way things are going over with all these people my age dying.

americanwoman [QUOTE said:
I am sorry if I came across that way. I have respect for all sides of the issue.
Eh...don't sweat it, seeing your other posts you seem like a very reasonable person, I was just trying to point the direction of the debate in a slightly more objective direction.
I am just frustrated with the way things are going over with all these people my age dying.
I certainly understand that, I have a few buddies out there right now along with some extended family and their safe return is a concern of mine, I blame the media for alot of people's frustration though because they frame the bad news in such a way that people who only get one side will think this is a horrible effort, when in fact it is actually going better than many past wars, the frustration on my part comes from the type of enemy we are fighting, they don't wear uniforms, don't claim citizenship to any state, and purposefully kill innocent civilians to make "political statements". I think also that these terrorists and insurgents are cowards since they don't engage in upfront fighting, rather, they leave explosives lying around to kill indiscriminantly and/or detonate bombs in civilian areas to deflate morale.

Navy Pride said:
Yeah Moore made a lot of money off you Bush haters but he did not make a dime off all the Conservatives I know..........You Liberals made him rich........

What is your problem with those who classify the majority of their views as Liberal. It is not a cult or even an organization. Just an opinion.

HTColeman said:
What is your problem with those who classify the majority of their views as Liberal. It is not a cult or even an organization. Just an opinion.
I think the big problem is perception HT, most liberals are actually very charming people who bring up an interesting twist to a debate, the problem is that the only liberals we get to see as far as coverage is concerned are the fire-breathers, that is, those loud, obnoxious, bitter people that you swear have a slight foam hanging off their chin. I'm sure the same can be said about conservatives, the good always suffer for the defective it seems.:(

LaMidRighter said:
I think the big problem is perception HT, most liberals are actually very charming people who bring up an interesting twist to a debate, the problem is that the only liberals we get to see as far as coverage is concerned are the fire-breathers, that is, those loud, obnoxious, bitter people that you swear have a slight foam hanging off their chin. I'm sure the same can be said about conservatives, the good always suffer for the defective it seems.:(

I agree, that is why I get so upset when I post something and I get responses about "dirty Liberals" and "you liberals think...". I am just posting my opinion, it has nothing to do with "liberals".

HTColeman said:
I agree, that is why I get so upset when I post something and I get responses about "dirty Liberals" and "you liberals think...". I am just posting my opinion, it has nothing to do with "liberals".
It's funny, but one of my favorite professors, my academic advisor actually, is a true blue liberal, but not bitter, we have great debates during downtime and he will always listen to a well framed opinion, I respect that, the neat thing is, he also extends a well framed opinion which forces me, as a debator, to at least consider another point of view, I enjoy that immensely.

LaMidRighter said:
It's funny, but one of my favorite professors, my academic advisor actually, is a true blue liberal, but not bitter, we have great debates during downtime and he will always listen to a well framed opinion, I respect that, the neat thing is, he also extends a well framed opinion which forces me, as a debator, to at least consider another point of view, I enjoy that immensely.

My high school debate coach was kinda like that. It was funny b/c most debaters tend to be liberal and she was conservative, coaching a bunch of liberals.

Navy Pride said:
Yeah Moore made a lot of money off you Bush haters but he did not make a dime off all the Conservatives I know..........You Liberals made him rich........

Personally, I know more cons that paid to see F.9/11 than my Liberal friends. Besides, if you haven't seen it, how could you possibly even know you're against it?

sissy-boy said:

Personally, I know more cons that paid to see F.9/11 than my Liberal friends. Besides, if you haven't seen it, how could you possibly even know you're against it?

Believe me...I UNDERSTAND where you're coming from...but a comment like that opens up the can of worms...

That can easily translate into..."How can you be for or against the war when you haven't been in the military?" Or "when you've never been to Iraq"...

Although I didn't see F9/11 immediately after it came out, watching "Bowling..." and finding out the distortions and hearing his anti-Bush rhetoric set me up for what I was about to see...

You don't HAVE to see the film itself to understand the man behind the lens...If you didn't like the last two Tarantino or Farelly Brothers' movies, odds are you're not going to like the next one either...

Just because I'm not a cook doesn't mean I won't know bad food...

vauge said:
I do not disagree that it is capitolism - hats off to him. What I do disagree with is he re-arranged the FACTS and turned it into a movie while many folks in the world took it as truthfull "documentary".

It is interesting how your Saudi, Harken oil, and other connections are almost verbatium to the factional movie.

We don't care if words are spelled correctly here, as long as one has an opinion.

[BTW, I am working on spell check system]
I have to say that while I agree that Moore edits in a self-serving way, (and Cons call that 'journalism), the reality of the hypocrisy that he reveals in his work cannot be argued. The statements by his opponents ALONE are good enough for me to support the majority of his causes.

But as far as editing to show the stupidity of the radical right, I would much rather watch 'The Daily Show'. John Stewart is a brilliant satirist, and he's also VERY clever!
:mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom