• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What reaction should there be to open racists?

SDET

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
One extreme might be to make "racism" a jailable offence and create a jail culture where racists are treated like pedophiles. They could be killed in their cell with a wink and a nod. Another extreme would be to applaud them for the courage of their convictions and celebrate them. Of course there are points between these two extremes. I will withhold my opinion until others have responded.

One extreme might be to make "racism" a jailable offence and create a jail culture where racists are treated like pedophiles. They could be killed in their cell with a wink and a nod. Another extreme would be to applaud them for the courage of their convictions and celebrate them. Of course there are points between these two extremes. I will withhold my opinion until others have responded.

I prefer laughing and pointing... People like this aren't going to convinced by logic or force that they are wrong, so what we have to do is make being part of them such an embarrassment that getting new recruits becomes really difficult. People portray them as having a certain strength in their convictions and hate, but what needs to happen is that we (society, not the gov't) need to start dismissing them and making fun of them. Instead of counter-protesting they hold a rally, we should be sending in people in white sheets with clown outfits underneath and having the rip off the sheets in the middle of the rally and start juggling, doing acrobatics and spraying each other with seltzer water. Instead of handing out anti-racism literature, start handing out animal balloons. Instead of marching in the streets, hold a clown car parade. Bring monkeys and dancing dogs galore - anything that just makes fun of them without giving them one single ounce of credit or ability to anger us. Make every rally they hold a big kid's party.

WOW, the population of a few races would dwindle down to nothing.

You are going to have to decide on a definition of the word though.

People today are trying to redefine it to mean different things.

My personal position is to consider them to be (male appendages), but to also respect their freedom of speech and right to be a (male appendage).

I would just hope my daughter never dates them.

First of all you have to define what "Racist" is/Means

For Instance, If I disagree with the Presidents policies, Am I a racists?

If I tell a joke that starts with,"A priest , a Rabi, and a white man walk into a bar" Am I a racist

If I am selling my house, And I sell to a white family rather than a black family ( no reason is given in this case, bids are the same ) am I a racist.

If I deny a person (Black or white or other) access to a service ( drinking fountain, restaurant, swimming pool etc.) because they are black, white or other. Am I a racist?

djl

Yeah, right after you amend the Constitution to remove the First Amendment. I'm sure you can get the democrats to vote for it.

I can't envision any reasonable points in between...

If I tell a joke that starts with,"A priest , a Rabi, and a white man walk into a bar" Am I a racist

If I am selling my house, And I sell to a white family rather than a black family ( no reason is given in this case, bids are the same ) am I a racist.

If I deny a person (Black or white or other) access to a service ( drinking fountain, restaurant, swimming pool etc.) because they are black, white or other. Am I a racist?

djl

Are you a racist? I don't know. You sure as hell are asking some dumb questions about it, though, as if you don't know what it is to be racist. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that while you may not be a textbook racist, your ignorance is going to land you in racial hot water occasionally.

Disagreeing with Obama doesn't make you a racist unless you're just disagreeing because he's black. If you choose to sell your house to a white family over a black family, that could be taken either way, depending upon your own race. As for refusing service to someone because of their color, well, that's an easy one, Mr. Bunker.

Are you a racist? I don't know. You sure as hell are asking some dumb questions about it, though, as if you don't know what it is to be racist. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that while you may not be a textbook racist, your ignorance is going to land you in racial hot water occasionally.

Disagreeing with Obama doesn't make you a racist unless you're just disagreeing because he's black. If you choose to sell your house to a white family over a black family, that could be taken either way, depending upon your own race. As for refusing service to someone because of their color, well, that's an easy one, Mr. Bunker.

You serve my point exactly,, You basically called me a racist ( Mr Bunker) just because I asked a "dumb question" They may be dumb questions to you,, But people get called racist all the time for just disagreeing with someone ( of the opposite race)

Maybe you can define for me just what is "racist" I mean it's a word thrown around so easily these days.

These questions may be "Cheesy" but they sure got a rise out of you, You instantly assume I am ignorant & very possibly a racist, all without knowing who I am, Or what I am.

djl

The sad thing is that some people think that being openly racist, vulgar, discriminatory, hateful, aggressive or anti-gay/muslim/christian/etc. etc. etc. is nothing more than no longer being politically correct.

Sorry, but that is not being "not politically correct", Lewis Black is not politically correct, some others are just racists/hatemongers or think that lacking civility is destroying a country, which of course it is not. Not being honest might be but not being a total dickhead towards others is not really going to destroy a country now is it.

Or at least that is my opinion.

Well none of those extremes are any good of course.
Judging them like pedophiles, women beaters, rapist etc is pretty reasonable. They are vile, ignorant, hateful people. They should get no respect because they dont deserve nor have earned any. Speak out against their ignorant behavior. That being these actions won't matter to the majority for them because education and facts don't work on the willfully ignorant, They just ignore them either based on hate or stupidity.

Yeah, right after you amend the Constitution to remove the First Amendment. I'm sure you can get the democrats to vote for it.
Wouldn't even have to amend the Constitution. Dems would vote for it and wait for President Hillary to pack the court with people like her that will thwart the legal challenge.

You do know... well, you probably don't, but anyway... that you just confirmed his point, right? It depends on context.

Are you suggesting "thought crimes" or only based on actions?

You'd jail half the country.

Mexicans don't like blacks or whites. Asians stick their own, and hire their own.

90% of people are more comfortable, socially with their own race. Why? Customs, slang, knowing the customs regarding romantic encounters, knowing where each other is "coming from".

The sad thing is that some people think that being openly racist, vulgar, discriminatory, hateful, aggressive or anti-gay/muslim/christian/etc. etc. etc. is nothing more than no longer being politically correct.

Sorry, but that is not being "not politically correct", Lewis Black is not politically correct, some others are just racists/hatemongers or think that lacking civility is destroying a country, which of course it is not. Not being honest might be but not being a total dickhead towards others is not really going to destroy a country now is it.

Or at least that is my opinion.

This is why a heavily armed society tends very more polite society. Nobody wants to die for something they said. You want a polite society arm everyone to the teeth.

I don't know. Why don't we use our current President as an example. He's clearly a racist. How do you think he should be handled?

Personally, I simply don't accept racists. Not long ago a man joined a small group at an outdoor cafe and started ranting about Jews. I said, "I'm a Jew and you're full of it." He switched to blacks and I said, "My great-grandmother is on the offical records as a woman of color. Do you want to make something of it." He left.

I also listened, briefly, to a pedophile whine about the laws that restricted his person choices and I told him what I thought, too. I don't think we need to be polite with racists, including President Obama.

I also have no patience with the delicate flowers that hear dog whistles and have code words that only they understand. Remember the racists congressmen who were celebrating the passing of Obamacare, I believe, and people were shouting racist insults that none of the microphones picked up. Amazing, isn't it. The racists apparently have a cone of silence that allows them to should racist slurs and prevents digital technology from recording them.

Last edited:
Well... We could always adopt the republican model, make a racist a presidential candidate :2razz:

Nothing should be changed to the way we treat pedophiles. What should happens is that we start trying to understand pedophilia as a society and work for there instead of this stupid crap that we do now that only makes things worse.

It is as much a constitutional right to be racist as it is to be as tolerant and accepting as a person intends to be. It is our constitutional right to accept a person's racism or to choose not to associate with that person because of his/her racism. The Constitution gives us complete freedom to think, believe, and/or express what we believe short of action that physically violates another person's rights.

Conclusion: it is our right to denounce racism in any form and to refuse to condone or participate in it. And it is our right to be racist in any form. Neither of us has a right to act on our beliefs in a way that violates the anybody's rights.

...except that the entirety of world history contradicts this.

Because not everyone was armed. There has been few if any societies where ALL the people were armed. Even in Sparta not everyone was armed and they were the closest.

I prefer laughing and pointing... People like this aren't going to convinced by logic or force that they are wrong, so what we have to do is make being part of them such an embarrassment that getting new recruits becomes really difficult. People portray them as having a certain strength in their convictions and hate, but what needs to happen is that we (society, not the gov't) need to start dismissing them and making fun of them. Instead of counter-protesting they hold a rally, we should be sending in people in white sheets with clown outfits underneath and having the rip off the sheets in the middle of the rally and start juggling, doing acrobatics and spraying each other with seltzer water. Instead of handing out anti-racism literature, start handing out animal balloons. Instead of marching in the streets, hold a clown car parade. Bring monkeys and dancing dogs galore - anything that just makes fun of them without giving them one single ounce of credit or ability to anger us. Make every rally they hold a big kid's party.

How long have you lived in Central Oregon, where there are very few Blacks?

WOW, the population of a few races would dwindle down to nothing.

You are going to have to decide on a definition of the word though.

People today are trying to redefine it to mean different things.

Exactly! Just like the Envirowhackos, the anti-gun Banneroids, etc., liberals want to redefine racist and paint it with a broad brush. That's wrong. They want people to not define all Muslims as terrorists, but anyone who owns a gun or doesn't like certain people, because they aren't wonderful, humans....are hating, racists terrorists....typical, liberal double std.

djl

Exactly. The use of "hate" or "racist", by many on this forum, is painted with a very Broad Brush and most of the time, does not apply!

Precisely!

I can't envision any reasonable points in between...

That sounds very narrow mined to me. Also shows limitations in thinking.

Last edited:

There's that little Constitution thingy in the way.

Back
Top Bottom