• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What reaction should there be to open racists?

Because not everyone was armed. There has been few if any societies where ALL the people were armed. Even in Sparta not everyone was armed and they were the closest.
Would it still be a free society if people were not free to be unarmed?

There's that little Constitution thingy in the way.

Truly amazing these days how so many will ignore or trash the Constitution....to fit their ****ed up agenda!

Thank God the Founders of this Great Country, wrote up documents that must be adhered to. ;)

Are you a racist? I don't know. You sure as hell are asking some dumb questions about it, though, as if you don't know what it is to be racist. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that while you may not be a textbook racist, your ignorance is going to land you in racial hot water occasionally.

Disagreeing with Obama doesn't make you a racist unless you're just disagreeing because he's black. If you choose to sell your house to a white family over a black family, that could be taken either way, depending upon your own race. As for refusing service to someone because of their color, well, that's an easy one, Mr. Bunker.

I think a merchant should be able to refuse service to anyone they want to ...it's their business....and it should be none of the government's business what they do in that regard. If people don't like them because of it, they will lose business. Simple as that.

You serve my point exactly,, You basically called me a racist ( Mr Bunker) just because I asked a "dumb question" They may be dumb questions to you,, But people get called racist all the time for just disagreeing with someone ( of the opposite race)

Maybe you can define for me just what is "racist" I mean it's a word thrown around so easily these days.

These questions may be "Cheesy" but they sure got a rise out of you, You instantly assume I am ignorant & very possibly a racist, all without knowing who I am, Or what I am.

djl

Spot On! I've been called a racist and a hater on here, many times. And these dopes are so far off the mark, they couldn't find their ass with both hands!

I loathe obama....and it has nothing to do with his skin color!

The sad thing is that some people think that being openly racist, vulgar, discriminatory, hateful, aggressive or anti-gay/muslim/christian/etc. etc. etc. is nothing more than no longer being politically correct.

Sorry, but that is not being "not politically correct", Lewis Black is not politically correct, some others are just racists/hatemongers or think that lacking civility is destroying a country, which of course it is not. Not being honest might be but not being a total dickhead towards others is not really going to destroy a country now is it.

Or at least that is my opinion.

Lacking civility is destroying this country. It goes back to basic human respect for all.

Until they demonstrate to me or others, that they don't deserve our respect, they should get it. If they don't, than our respect is misplaced.

In my entire career, I did my best to show respect to all. Most of the time, it paid off, but not always.

Would it still be a free society if people were not free to be unarmed?

In a free society everyone should be allowed and in fact encouraged to be armed. And no it would not be a free society if it required arms.

Lacking civility is destroying this country. It goes back to basic human respect for all.

Until they demonstrate to me or others, that they don't deserve our respect, they should get it. If they don't, than our respect is misplaced.

In my entire career, I did my best to show respect to all. Most of the time, it paid off, but not always.

Lacking civility is a big problem but people claiming to want to stop feeling the need to be politically correct are people who do not want to save the society from lack of civility, their goal is to increase the lack of civility because they want the absolute opposite of civil behavior.

Lacking civility is a big problem but people claiming to want to stop feeling the need to be politically correct are people who do not want to save the society from lack of civility, their goal is to increase the lack of civility because they want the absolute opposite of civil behavior.

I don't agree. PC is BS........all PC does is create a society of mental midgets and hand wringers who depend on nanny govt. for all their needs!

IMHO................PC restricts free thought, and is cause for robotic behavior. The US of A was not founded on PC and I will rail against it, always, just like I do with ill conceived liberalism!

Were you standing in a carnival "house of mirrors" when you typed this?

I don't agree. PC is BS........all PC does is create a society of mental midgets and hand wringers who depend on nanny govt. for all their needs!

IMHO................PC restricts free thought, and is cause for robotic behavior. The US of A was not founded on PC and I will rail against it, always, just like I do with ill conceived liberalism!

I am sorry but I think that is BS, being politically correct and civil has nothing to do with a nanny government, that is just ridiculous.

The USA was founded on a lot of things, but thank goodness mankind has grown from the day when women, minorities, gays where treated like scum in word and reality, so thank goodness civil behavior has become the norm, you may call that be politically correct, I say that is a lot better than being politically incorrect.

Like how car maker Ford was once very politically incorrect with loads of horrendous anti-Jewish comments, now if politically correctness means that people who spread such bigotry and anti-semitism is frowned upon and not respected or stood for is a great thing.

Because nobody in the US has ever been banned from being politically incorrect, the response of the public is the only thing that has changed IMO.

Were you standing in a carnival "house of mirrors" when you typed this?

Nope, being an asshole in public (like for example Trump) may be seen by some as someone who stands up for being politically incorrect but I see it very diferently, I see it as the ramblings of an demagogue populist who uses insults, assholery and vile comments as so called "standing up against the PC culture" but he in the end is, is a jackass with lacking social skills and immensely thin skin.

Nope, being an asshole in public (like for example Trump) may be seen by some as someone who stands up for being politically incorrect but I see it very diferently, I see it as the ramblings of an demagogue populist who uses insults, assholery and vile comments as so called "standing up against the PC culture" but he in the end is, is a jackass with lacking social skills and immensely thin skin.

In other words, he compares well to his component?

Or they're just sick and tired of people telling them what is ok to say.

Hey, if you speak like an asshole or racist, it is the right of other people to say that they think they are disgusting for making such comments, that is their rights.

I am sorry but I think that is BS, being politically correct and civil has nothing to do with a nanny government, that is just ridiculous.

The USA was founded on a lot of things, but thank goodness mankind has grown from the day when women, minorities, gays where treated like scum in word and reality, so thank goodness civil behavior has become the norm, you may call that be politically correct, I say that is a lot better than being politically incorrect.

Like how car maker Ford was once very politically incorrect with loads of horrendous anti-Jewish comments, now if politically correctness means that people who spread such bigotry and anti-semitism is frowned upon and not respected or stood for is a great thing.

Because nobody in the US has ever been banned from being politically incorrect, the response of the public is the only thing that has changed IMO.

That response is due to brainwashing by the colleges, universities, Hollywood and the media!

Nope, being an asshole in public (like for example Trump) may be seen by some as someone who stands up for being politically incorrect but I see it very differently, I see it as the ramblings of an demagogue populist who uses insults, assholery and vile comments as so called "standing up against the PC culture" but he in the end is, is a jackass with lacking social skills and immensely thin skin.

Just a rougher cut of obama then?

Exactly!

Nope, he is much much much much much much much much much worse than Hillary.

Balderdash. Hillary has being a lying crook, all her life. Been investigated numerous times, and skated because she and Bill are smart cookies. For any faults of Trump, Hillary is far worse. Karma, if you believe in such things, will catch up to the Clintons eventually, and send them to Prison or to Hell. I'd prefer the latter.

I think the idea of "thought offenses" runs contrary to a free society. By offense I mean both a criminal offense or a social offense. Discrimination is however, another matter. Disseminating an opinion, even if racist is one thing. Denying transactions in a discriminatory manner that are otherwise offered to the public is another thing.

You serve my point exactly,, You basically called me a racist ( Mr Bunker) just because I asked a "dumb question" They may be dumb questions to you,, But people get called racist all the time for just disagreeing with someone ( of the opposite race)

Maybe you can define for me just what is "racist" I mean it's a word thrown around so easily these days.

These questions may be "Cheesy" but they sure got a rise out of you, You instantly assume I am ignorant & very possibly a racist, all without knowing who I am, Or what I am.

djl

Really? You don't know what a racist is? OK, I'll play along.

A racist is someone who claims to inherently know, or assumes, things about a person based solely upon their skin color and judges them accordingly. Therefore, merely disagreeing with the president's policies aren't racist, unless your disagreement is based upon his color. You should have known that one.

Telling jokes doesn't make you racist either, unless the joke is a genuine reflection of your bigotry. For instance, if you really believe that Jews are all stingy, telling a joke about a jew who gives himself a stiff neck, checking to see if the pennies are still in his loafers, would be racist. Otherwise, it's just ignorant and plays upon a common racial stereotype.

Not that I should have to explain the last one, but, OBVIOUSLY, if you refuse to sell or rent a house to someone based upon their skin color, that's racist. If you refuse service to someone simply because of their skin color, that too is racist. Presumably, you wouldn't refuse service to someone unless you suspected that you would suffer some damage from the interaction. For instance, if you believe that all black people are lazy and dirty, you wouldn't want to rent your house to them for fear that it would be neglected and the rent payments would fall behind. The fear is often real to the bigot but it's based in falsehoods that, ultimately, diminish us all.

I struggle to understand how, with the perspective of written history, you don't understand what a racist is, given that we live in a country that famously institutionalized its racism for centuries. Your post got a "rise" out of me because it is a very typical conservative tactic to play dumb and pretend not to understand how racism has manifest in this country. If you are a child or someone who, for some reason, is excluded from higher education, then I apologize for assuming you were ignorant. However, if you are just being obtuse then there's nothing more to say.

Truly amazing these days how so many will ignore or trash the Constitution....to fit their ****ed up agenda!

Thank God the Founders of this Great Country, wrote up documents that must be adhered to. ;)

So far Trump has trashed the first, fourth, eighth and tenth amendments and the separation of powers to fit his trumped up agenda.

So if you care so much about the Constitution then perhaps you should reconsider your feelings for Trump.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/04/us/politics/donald-trump-constitution-power.html?_r=0

So far Trump has trashed the first, fourth, eighth and tenth amendments and the separation of powers to fit his trumped up agenda.

So if you care so much about the Constitution then perhaps you should reconsider your feelings for Trump.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/04/us/politics/donald-trump-constitution-power.html?_r=0

I totally agree but notice you skipped over what President Barack Obama has done and what Sen. Clinton has done and wants to do.

Watch the YouTube video of President Obama maintaining he isn't an emperor shortly before he decided he is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBzodV1c3vg

I totally agree but notice you skipped over what President Barack Obama has done and what Sen. Clinton has done and wants to do.

Watch the YouTube video of President Obama maintaining he isn't an emperor shortly before he decided he is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBzodV1c3vg

I'm glad you agree....but Obama isn't running for election and the heavily edited video isn't relevant to the topic or the discussion.

I'm glad you agree....but Obama isn't running for election and the heavily edited video isn't relevant to the topic or the discussion.

At least one of us can see that a bastard ignoring the Constitution is simply a bastard ignoring the Constitution and ideology doesn't change a thing. But, I do understand that Clintonista, Obamabots, and Trumpkins totally support their Glorious Leaders in ignoring the Constitution.

At least one of us can see that a bastard ignoring the Constitution is simply a bastard ignoring the Constitution and ideology doesn't change a thing. But, I do understand that Clintonista, Obamabots, and Trumpkins totally support their Glorious Leaders in ignoring the Constitution.

The constitution was damaged more by George Bush's Patriot Act than anything sense. Regardless, it seems like our founding document gets arbitrarily interpreted, like political scripture, and justice and freedom for ordinary people are relative to those interpretations. I personally feel that we deserve better but there's a lot of voters on the right that think that "better" means more war, bigotry and wealth worship and it's hard to find any justice in those things.

The constitution was damaged more by George Bush's Patriot Act than anything sense. Regardless, it seems like our founding document gets arbitrarily interpreted, like political scripture, and justice and freedom for ordinary people are relative to those interpretations. I personally feel that we deserve better but there's a lot of voters on the right that think that "better" means more war, bigotry and wealth worship and it's hard to find any justice in those things.

I feel we deserve better, too, but the leftists feel Americans exist to be proles to serve and make their masters wealthy.

Back
Top Bottom