• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What practical solutions can "antiwar" proponents offer?

W_Heisenberg

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
@Antiwar

What practical solutions can antiwar proponents offer?

Specifically, with respect to Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

Generally, with respect to war in general.

Here ya go.

Alright!

Answer: The peace process.

@Antiwar

What practical solutions can antiwar proponents offer?

Specifically, with respect to Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

Generally, with respect to war in general.

Here ya go.
Complete isolationism. Zero aid to Ukraine. Zero support in any form. Propose to act as mediators.

Complete isolationism. Zero aid to Ukraine. Zero support in any form. Propose to act as mediators.

These are the words of someone who hates Ukraine and wants Russia to win because they are a pro-Russian shill.

Assuming one is not a pro-Russian shill, and wants Ukraine to retain its territorial integrity, sovereignty, and independence from Russia...what can be done to pursue peace?

So, what do you do when the other side isn't interested in peace?

There are two very distinct choices in trying to resolve international conflicts: The peace process and the war process. Which do you prefer?

There are two very distinct choices in trying to resolve international conflicts: The peace process and the war process. Which do you prefer?

The peace process, of course.

But what do you do with respect to a situation we are in, where Russia is not interested in peace, and Ukraine is not interested in surrendering to Russia's demands?

There is no solution other than to fight, and you know that, and that's why you refuse to respond in any substantive way.

Given that he has not answered a single question about how to put his ideas into practice, I agree with you.

I agree.

Your need for acceptance into the tribe has caused you to revert to trolling.

Better luck arguments next time.

Let's get into just a few of the massive problems with the war process.

1. US militarism is a massive part of climate change. Policing Earth burns boatloads of fossil fuels.

So, my question to you is how do you end a war or prevent a war in a situation that Ukraine faces, where the only way it can prevent Russia from invading its country and annexing its country is to surrender its sovereignty and independence to Russia?

And you cannot answer this question. You refuse to engage with the question. Because your philosophy is USELESS in this type of situation.

Your need for acceptance into the tribe has caused you to revert to trolling.

Better luck arguments next time.

I am not trolling you. I am criticizing you. There's a difference. And you deserve to be criticized for failing to put forward a sensible argument. And I know it sucks to be criticized, but your argument sucks.

I am not making an argument, I am asking you to offer some practical advice or solutions.

What do you do with respect to a situation we are in, where Russia is not interested in peace, and Ukraine is not interested in surrendering to Russia's demands?

Last edited:
We didn't need this thread to know that @W_Heisenberg favors the US war process.

So eventually Putin takes all of Ukraine and then who is next? If Putin wins this one it will the first of many.

Back
Top Bottom