• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

What political party are you REALLY affiliated with?

First Thought

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Find out: The Political Compass - Test

Here's where I stand...

pcgraphpng.php

For reference, here's where important others have stood:

axeswithnames.gif

So post your political compass up after completing the test... let's see where you stand.

No surprises here:

pcgraphpng.php.jpg

pcgraphpngphp.png

Hmm. I'm not sure how accurate that quiz was.
I'm not sure it asked the right questions.

I've seen that test before. Unfortunately it like many other tests, do not give the variety of options required to accurately judge a person's lean. For example the first question. . .it is worded in such a way as I cannot agree or disagree. I neither think globalization should be focused on humanitarianism nor that it should be focused on benefits for trans-national corporations. I think it should be focused on independent small businesses. So cute idea, but generally worthless.

I've seen that test before. Unfortunately it like many other tests, do not give the variety of options required to accurately judge a person's lean. For example the first question. . .it is worded in such a way as I cannot agree or disagree. I neither think globalization should be focused on humanitarianism nor that it should be focused on benefits for trans-national corporations. I think it should be focused on independent small businesses. So cute idea, but generally worthless.

That was kind of what I thought.
Also, just on general principles, I very rarely agree with absolutes like "always" or "never", unless they have some sort of qualifier (almost nothing is true all the time; there are nearly always exceptions that prove the rule. Thus, I rarely speak in absolutes and I rarely agree with those who do).
So, whenever I reached a statement such as "Such and such is ALWAYS ____" or "So and so is NEVER ____", I'd put "agree" rather than "strongly agree", even though I did strongly agree with the general sentiment and it was only the lack of a qualifying adjective that I disagreed with.

it's hard to explain. The questions were just poorly phrased.
I think that test was more for fun than for use as an actual tool for determining one's political lean.
I mean, any of us here could've written it; I doubt it's scientifically sound.

Economic Left/Right: 6.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.00
l_f46ead4852034f1fa721d3028cd2c187.png

pcgraphpng.php

Reckon I probably belong a tic or two farther North, but some of the questions they ask to establish Authoritarianism vs. Liberalism are based in either failed policies or based on the authority of religions I don't follow.

I'm also screwed up by questions of "My country, right or wrong" and issues of national loyalty... because I believe absolutely in those things, but don't feel that I have a nation to be loyal to.

Moral Politics has another quiz that I find most informative-- especially when combined with Political Compass scores.

Pol_00612ab4aa8c4edaa299b21ebc56ce0a.png

Thus, you see my difficulty in relating to American politics. My moral instincts run toward order and discipline-- but they also remind me that chieftains are not only members of the tribe, but that they are nothing without the tribe.

Last edited:
I have a problem with your particular site, in that it equates Libertarianism with Neoliberalism. That is patently false, since Neoliberalism is not the same as Classical Liberalism.

As for party, I am actually a member of the AFP, that is, American Flatulence Party. Our ideology consists of only one plank - To fart on the heads of ALL existing politicians.

Last edited:
Idealist: Your scored 0.5 on Moral Order and -0.5 on Moral Rules.
Practical: Your scored -0.5 on Moral Order and -3 on Moral Rules.

pcgraphpng.php

current results
Economic Left/Right: 2.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.67

Here are my politcal compass test two years ago
Economic Left/Right: 2.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 3.23

Pol_84c3665e83e242c085f06a1c19d82f9b.png

Back
Top Bottom