• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What Papa John's Doesn't Want You to Know About Their Food

radcen

Phonetic Mnemonic ©
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist

Quote:
Few companies have applied this appeal more literally than Papa John's, which for years has boasted "Better pizza. Better ingredients." Printed on every Papa John's pizza box is a little story: "When I founded Papa John's in 1984, my mission was to build a better pizza," says "Papa" John Schnatter. "I went the extra mile to ensure we used the highest quality ingredients available - like fresh, never frozen original dough, all-natural sauce, veggies sliced fresh daily and 100 percent real beef and pork. We think you'll taste the difference."
Too bad Mr Schnatter utterly failed. His pizza totally sucks.

maybe he doesnt eat pork ,papa

Last edited:
I like their pizza- because of the ultra thin crust you can get. :mrgreen:

You can't beat Pizza Hut when they have their $10.00 pizzas. :mrgreen:

Their pizza isn't the worst out there, but I ask them not to put the peppers in and they say they can't not put them in but I can remove them which has always made me wonder why can't they not put the peppers in the box.

I am not a huge fan of Little Caesars, but like Dominoes and Pizza Hut well enough. We used to have this one place that was AWESOME. They made pizza with so much crap piled on it you needed a fork and a slice would just about fill you up. Unfortunately they got old and sickly and the people who took over's pizza tastes like the box a De-journo comes in.

I like their pizza- because of the ultra thin crust you can get. :mrgreen:
Their pizza isn't the worst out there, but I ask them not to put the peppers in and they say they can't not put them in but I can remove them which has always made me wonder why can't they not put the peppers in the box.

I am not a huge fan of Little Caesars, but like Dominoes and Pizza Hut well enough. We used to have this one place that was AWESOME. They made pizza with so much crap piled on it you needed a fork and a slice would just about fill you up. Unfortunately they got old and sickly and the people who took over's pizza tastes like the box a De-journo comes in.

I cannot abide Papa John's. It's just extreme low quality to me. I mean, I don't gag over it anything, and will eat a couple slices if I'm in a large group, but I will not choose it on my own.

Little Ceasar's is actually better than PJ's, IMO, but not by much. The attraction there is price when I'm feeling thrifty.

Domino's is better then it used to be, but meh.

Pizza Hut really disappoints me. They used to be pretty damn good, but they keep regressing. They claim their recipes have never changed, but I don't buy it. I have found that if I get super-explicit when ordering... extra sauce, and so on... I can still come away with something decent. I do like PH's pan crust, I will say that.

The thing about Dominos is, at least on the West Coast, always used fresh and locally grown produce, cheeses and meats. All the sourcing and composition info for their foods is available at each of the stores (used to be the case at least). They're also very light on the use of oils and flavorings. Though I have noticed with their latest expanded menus, the non-pizza items tend to be the same old grocery store freezer aisle crap (chicken nuggets, pastas, etc.).

Mu biggest problem with the pizza joints is what they choose to call dessert. My position is, if it's made from pizza dough, it's not dessert. :mrgreen:

I agree pizza is a serious matter, but most of y'all are way too picky.

I do remember a time I went to a real Sicilian pizza place, and got a deep dish pizza... holy Hannah, it was good.... it was also HUGE. Me and another guy, both known for putting away the chow, ordered the large deep dish Sicilian-style together, and to our astonishment we didn't even come very close to finishing it.

You can't beat Pizza Hut when they have their $10.00 pizzas. :mrgreen:
Little Casesar's $5.00 pizza's are great for the price, but you have to get them fresh out of the oven.

The only chain I'll order a pizza from is Papa Murphy's and then I bake it myself.

When Papa John's first opened in Phoenix they brought by a freebie to the place I was working and it was horrible, tasteless grease served with a little plastic cup of more grease to dip it in.

Being from Chicago, I'm always amazed that national chains exist at all in the area. Never trust a pizza place that cuts pizza into slices by default....

Ill never understand why one of our local chains hasn't gone national.

Pizza is so widely available and produced by so many family-run restaurants that I can't understand why anyone would use a chain anyway. The only American pizza chain here is Spain is Domino's and everybody knows that that is strictly only for use when drunk after midnight.

I actually consider Papa John's to be tops in the national pizza chain market. Little Caesears is the best overall value though.

Pizza Hut has the best sauce though.

This article is ridiculous and makes tons of assumptions. It assumes that just because the company doesn't list ingredients means it must not be using better ingredients. However, what if they don't wan the competition knowing what they use? What is wrong with that?

This article is ridiculous and makes tons of assumptions. It assumes that just because the company doesn't list ingredients means it must not be using better ingredients. However, what if they don't wan the competition knowing what they use? What is wrong with that?

Yeah, that must be it. Because it never occurred to the competition to use good cheese instead of crap cheese. :roll:

The "better ingredients..." line is marketing. It would be better marketing to actually back it up. Talk is cheap.

Yeah, that must be it. Because it never occurred to the competition to use good cheese instead of crap cheese. :roll:

The "better ingredients..." line is marketing. It would be better marketing to actually back it up. Talk is cheap.

But the premise of the article is ridiculous. Why should a company have to share the ingredients? That's ridiculous.

But the premise of the article is ridiculous. Why should a company have to share the ingredients? That's ridiculous.

It's simple, because the company makes a specific public claim about those ingredients.

The only chain I'll order a pizza from is Papa Murphy's and then I bake it myself.

When Papa John's first opened in Phoenix they brought by a freebie to the place I was working and it was horrible, tasteless grease served with a little plastic cup of more grease to dip it in.

Love papa murphy's. sure you have to bake it yourself, but you are sure that it is cooked just the way you like it and it doesn't get cold on the car ride home.

it's my last choice when i order pizza. there's just nothing notable about it.

I agree pizza is a serious matter, but most of y'all are way too picky.

I do remember a time I went to a real Sicilian pizza place, and got a deep dish pizza... holy Hannah, it was good.... it was also HUGE. Me and another guy, both known for putting away the chow, ordered the large deep dish Sicilian-style together, and to our astonishment we didn't even come very close to finishing it.

You'd have loved the Sicilian pies my Sicilian grandmother used to make. Mine are good but since I'm not a 90 year old, off the boat Sicilian lady dressed head to toe in black I simply don't have the Right Stuff.

Anyone who thinks Papa John's or Dominoes is good pizza has never had good pizza.

Back
Top Bottom