• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What Papa John's Doesn't Want You to Know About Their Food

That's a ridiculous argument. That doesn't = you have to give us your ingredient list.

No, truth in advertising should be, and in a way, is the law. That's why advertisers tend to make nebulous claims that could be proven at least sorta true. That's why "new and improved" is used a lot. But if you advertise something specific like, "all our vegetables are fresh from the garden, not frozen", you have to meet that standard.

That's a ridiculous argument. That doesn't = you have to give us your ingredient list.

Interesting having a bible-thumping Christian arguing so strenuously against honesty and truthfulness. Curious.

This is strictly anecdotal, but I actually ordered a Papa John's pizza earlier today, and when I picked it up, I mentioned the Yahoo News link above, which I thought was really weak, to the manager. She told me that her boss-of-all-bosses voted for Romney and has been constantly attacked ever since. No way to know how true this is, but I thought I'd throw this out there.

Interesting having a bible-thumping Christian arguing so strenuously against honesty and truthfulness. Curious.

:spin: :alert not wanting to give up ingredients to your recipe is not being dishonest or untruthful..... :shrug:

:spin: :alert not wanting to give up ingredients to your recipe is not being dishonest or untruthful..... :shrug:
Not telling the customer what they're buying, even when asked quite specifically? Erm yes, yes that is dishonest and untruthful and I think you know that. It also demonstrates that you have something to hide. It's not as if there is any mystery to making a pizza, some secret that would give a competitor an advantage. The fact is that they are probably using a list of additives a mile long that would give the lie to their marketing slogans.

Not telling the customer what they're buying, even when asked quite specifically? Erm yes, yes that is dishonest and untruthful and I think you know that. It also demonstrates that you have something to hide. It's not as if there is any mystery to making a pizza, some secret that would give a competitor an advantage. The fact is that they are probably using a list of additives a mile long that would give the lie to their marketing slogans.

So if Apple is asked specifically what components are in their macbooks to make all of the parts, they should have to give up those secrets as well? That's ridiculous.

So if Apple is asked specifically what components are in their macbooks to make all of the parts, they should have to give up those secrets as well? That's ridiculous.

What on earth do you think a spec sheet list is? Apple provides that, journalists report precisely what components you may find, and enthusiasts go on and rip open the guts to iPods and iPhones. We even know who makes each part! Heck, even those proprietary screws have folks fussing about attempting to get around it.

http://www.ifixit.com/Tools/iPhone-4-5-Point-Pentalobe-Screwdriver/IF145-096-1

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2011/01/apple-is-screwing-your-iphone/

Last edited:

might as well force Colonel Sanders to give up his secret recipe

A pizza is not a computer. You cannot have an allergic reaction to an NVidia graphics card.

What on earth do you think a spec sheet list is? Apple provides that, journalists report precisely what components you may find, and enthusiasts go on and rip open the guts to iPods and iPhones. We even know who makes each part! Heck, even those proprietary screws have folks fussing about attempting to get around it.

iPhone 5-Point Pentalobe Screwdriver - iFixit

How Apple Is Screwing Your iPhone | Gadget Lab | Wired.com

Not what I'm talking about, talking about how to make those components, what goes into it, what chemical compounds, how do you make them? No, they don't give that out. They keep that very very very close.

A pizza is not a computer. You cannot have an allergic reaction to an NVidia graphics card.

plenty of people have metal allergies and could very well have an allergic reaction to computer components. just sayin......

Not what I'm talking about, talking about how to make those components, what goes into it, what chemical compounds, how do you make them? No, they don't give that out. They keep that very very very close.

try asking the US govt for a spec sheet on any of their missile defense system MEIs

But people aren't interested in how to make corn starch, so much as knowing if you use it, or if it is a new thing, what is it.

Your comparison made no sense, because we know far more what is inside an Apple product than we do about the pizza.

But people aren't interested in how to make corn starch, so much as knowing if you use it, or if it is a new thing, what is it.

Your comparison made no sense, because we know far more what is inside an Apple product than we do about the pizza.

Cheese, Tomato Sauce, Pepperoni, Flour, Garlic, we seem to know quite a bit actually..... :shrug:

plenty of people have metal allergies and could very well have an allergic reaction to computer components. just sayin......

Actually, you can have allergic reactions to computers. Just saying.

Yes guys, but it's probably unlikely that you would buy a MacBook and not expect to get some computer in it.

dough, cheese, meat, sauce. what else do you need to know? ;)

Exactly. No one's asking for the recipe, just the ingredients. They claim to use the best ingredients but refuse to say what they are. Dishonest is dishonest.

Yes guys, but it's probably unlikely that you would buy a MacBook and not expect to get some computer in it.

If you have such a severe or unusual food allergy that you are worried about eating a pizza.... a better approach is "hey papa john, I'm allergic to XYZ. Is there any XYZ in your pizza?" instead of demanding to know their recipe

Exactly. No one's asking for the recipe, just the ingredients. They claim to use the best ingredients but refuse to say what they are. Dishonest is dishonest.

dis·hon·est
/disˈänist/Adjective
1.Behaving or prone to behave in an untrustworthy or fraudulent way.
2.Intended to mislead or cheat.

Not sure how that applies.... :spin: :alert

Soylent Green (and Papa John's Pizza) is PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!

dough, cheese, meat, sauce. what else do you need to know? ;)

Would that be horse meat? Or pink slime? I believe it often is. I also want to know if it has anti-oxidants, emulsifiers, flavours enhancers, preservatives, hydrogenated corn syrup, aspartame. Do you honestly not care about eating that stuff?

Not sure how that applies.... :spin: :alert

Excellent use of dictionary. They are behaving in an untrustworthy way by concealing the ingredients. They are doing that with the intention of misleading the customer about what they are eating. They are cheating the customer by saying they use the best ingredients and are almost certainly not.

Too bad Mr Schnatter utterly failed. His pizza totally sucks.

Pizza likes/dislikes are very personal. A pizza pie that tastes awesome to some people will be total crap to others. A lot like spaghetti sauce, in my opinion.

We don't order from any of the chains. Family-owned for us.

Back
Top Bottom