• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

What Obama Really Thought About Biden

justabubba

long standing member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
‘The President Was Not Encouraging’: What Obama Really Thought About Biden - POLITICO

... “in the Situation Room, Biden could be something of an unguided missile.” ...

“Obama would have a series of exchanges heading a conversation very clearly and crisply in Direction A. Then, at some point, Biden would jump in with, ‘Can I ask something, Mr. President?’”
Comey continued: “Obama would politely agree, but something in his expression suggested he knew full well that for the next five or 10 minutes we would all be heading in Direction Z. After listening and patiently waiting, President Obama would then bring the conversation back on course.” ...

Biden’s own academic career was unimpressive—he repeated the third grade, earned all Cs and Ds in his first three semesters at the University of Delaware except for As in P.E., a B in “Great English Writers” and an F in ROTC, and graduated 76th in his Syracuse Law Schoolclass of 85 students. He’s the first Democratic nominee since Walter Mondale in 1984 not to have an Ivy League degree. He was not a binder person, Clinton and Obama aides said. ...

One Democrat who spoke to Obama recalled the former president warning, “Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to **** things up.” ...

an excellent and deep article about the relationship between and the comparison of biden and Obama
biden was the ying to Obama's yang

Obama dealt in objective fact, biden in relationships
they made a good team

the article made me feel better about joe's strengths and worse about his weaknesses

Biden’s own academic career was unimpressive—he repeated the third grade, [...]
Wha??

Alright, there's more that follows, but still! :doh

(I suspect Biden's stuttering might have been at play here)

‘The President Was Not Encouraging’: What Obama Really Thought About Biden - POLITICO

an excellent and deep article about the relationship between and the comparison of biden and Obama
biden was the ying to Obama's yang

Obama dealt in objective fact, biden in relationships
they made a good team

the article made me feel better about joe's strengths and worse about his weaknesses

Maybe it's wishful thinking on my part, but when it's all said and done, I think Biden will come out of all this proving his naysayers all wrong. And I mean both Republicans and Democrats.

Wha??

Alright, there's more that follows, but still! :doh

(I suspect Biden's stuttering might have been at play here)

let's hope that was all there was to it

but his later academic standing does not bode well for that being the case

what does work in his favor is being known as such a decent fellow

Maybe it's wishful thinking on my part, but when it's all said and done, I think Biden will come out of all this proving his naysayers all wrong. And I mean both Republicans and Democrats.

for all of our sakes i hope you are correct!

camilla does not have the gravitas of someone who should sit in the oval office; as we have seen the results of that shortcoming the past 3+ years

hope she has the ability to acquire it on the job

camilla does not have the gravitas of someone who should sit in the oval office; as we have seen the results of that shortcoming the past 3+ years

If Biden manages to beat Trump, he will go down in history as being the man responsible for removing Trump from office.

A good legacy I say, IF he wins.

let's hope that was all there was to it

but his later academic standing does not bode well for that being the case

what does work in his favor is being known as such a decent fellow
Alright, I can respect this analysis.

Camilla?

Back
Top Bottom