• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What number do I call to get my “White Privilege” benefits?

There are very few of them and you’re bringing them attention. I could point out the racism of Antifa but I don’t. I’ve rarely pointed out the racism of the Black Lives Matter movement, at least on these message boards. Even the black liberal Morgan Freeman stated “the only way to end racism is to stop talking about it.” He also pointed out we should stop making statements like “white man”, “black man”, and so on. I’ll take it a step further. We should not have “white neighborhoods”, “black neighborhoods”, or so on. I also think that black individuals should stop using the N-word, because they are really just putting themselves down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well then I guess Whites should not have red lined neighborhoods. Morgan Freeman....A MOVIE ACTOR....easily dismissible as is the ENTIRE Hollywood crowd no matter what issues they support.

As for Donnie not being a white supremacist....you would have to be blind to make that statement in 1980, 1990, 2000, surely 2016 and all the way through to today. You don't want to acknowledge it.
Fiine....I really don't care what you do or don't want to acknowledge

Unwillingness to see is a standard Trumpian trade mark, just like Donnie claiming he has not seen the evidence from Germany that the nerve gas used on Novelny was a nerve gas developed by and only used by Russia. So with the US being a charter member of NATO, NATO released a statement regarding the Novelny poisoning WITHOUT giving the American President a copy of the data supporting that statement. AH-HUH.

But by any objective measure this should all be over soon. Donnie is not behind in the polling because of Black Voters or Latinx Voters. He is behind because he is losing buckets of White Voters. Donnie can pull the Kanye West emergency lever all he wants....there is simply no way for him to make up in Black Voters or even a combination of Black and Latinx Voters what he is losing in White Voters which make up 70% of the Electorate.

All Donnie has left is to try to steal it through widespread voter suppression. He can't make up his losses in White Voters fast enough in the time remaining no matter how much he tries to push CDC and FDA around and he can't capture enough Black and Latinx voters to swing the election his way in the face ofd his losses in White Voters. Donnie could steal it though which is at least half his effort now. The other half is trying to convince the same fools he fooled in 2016 to be fooled again.

Nice try. You turned their term "whiteness" into "white privilege". You bent it to make your argument....Oh well, another PROPAGANDIST at DP.
Is not "white privilege" the consequence of "whiteness"?

Any time I've inquired about the nature of my white privilege, I've been told that my "privileges" include the ability to conduct business without harassment from the state or law enforcement, to enjoy leniency when facing criminal charges, and to live/work in an environment free of suspicion and prejudice. It apparently isn't relevant that I have been harassed by the state and law enforcement, that I've never engaged in any criminal activity, or that I've experienced suspicion and prejudice many times by many people.

However, overriding all of this, I've been told the single greatest privilege I enjoy is society's "whiteness"--otherwise known as "white dominant culture", which is the subject of the infographic.

Are you telling me now that "whiteness" isn't a part of white privilege either?

I must've lost my White Privilege Benefits card in the mail....

With my rough life I don’t know where to look. It’s also odd that a black man named David Webb was said to have “White Privilege” benefits by a reporter on CNN while talking to him on the phone.

Just read the book "Black Like Me". Things have not changed much if at all since 1959, especially with Trump in the White House.

Somebody discriminated against me because I was white before. I didn’t give it much thought.

I doubt that’s true, but even if it were it should just make you more sympathetic towards someone who has to live it every single day of their lives.

Any time I've inquired about the nature of my white privilege, I've been told that my "privileges" include the ability to conduct business without harassment from the state or law enforcement, to enjoy leniency when facing criminal charges, and to live/work in an environment free of suspicion and prejudice. It apparently isn't relevant that I have been harassed by the state and law enforcement, that I've never engaged in any criminal activity, or that I've experienced suspicion and prejudice many times by many people.

However, overriding all of this, I've been told the single greatest privilege I enjoy is society's "whiteness"--otherwise known as "white dominant culture", which is the subject of the infographic.

Why does every right wing white person believe that their personal anecdotes completely negate four hundred ****ing years of oppression?

Sorry, Karen, but “this one time a cop was totally rude to me for no reason” isn’t the same.

Sorry....can't dig out this way. You changed their language to your language. So you further seem to be determining all on your own that they meant "white dominant culture". I doubt it just from reading the context around their use of the term "whiteness". I think you best talk to them about their terminology before hauling off and deciding you know what THEY are talking about. Again, I seriously doubt you do just based on the context. You decided not to take their very detailed description of what they meant at face value . So I think I will stick with my initial thought that you are just another PROPAGANDIST. Try harder next time.

So when are you paying reparations?

This discussion is not about reparations. That said, all that has been proposed in the Congress is a discussion about reparations. Does not hurt to talk though I do not personally think reparations make sense at this point. Where would we draw the line.....anywhere....nowhere.

No, though it has taken far too long it appears to me that the children of that 1980's generation of Black Americans, now adults, a reasonable number well educated, talented and in some cases quite well off will work to make signifiant improvements in the lives of Black Americans generally. They just want White Americans to get up off their necks. They are your worst nightmare, aren't they. A Black American with a gun is not near the threat to you as a Black American with an education. Isn't that right?

But I still think the conversation about reparations should happen. I will not prejudge the result of the conversation.

Well then I guess Whites should not have red lined neighborhoods. Morgan Freeman....A MOVIE ACTOR....easily dismissible as is the ENTIRE Hollywood crowd no matter what issues they support.

As for Donnie not being a white supremacist....you would have to be blind to make that statement in 1980, 1990, 2000, surely 2016 and all the way through to today. You don't want to acknowledge it.

Unwillingness to see is a standard Trumpian trade mark, just like Donnie claiming he has not seen the evidence from Germany that the nerve gas used on Novelny was a nerve gas developed by and only used by Russia. So with the US being a charter member of NATO, NATO released a statement regarding the Novelny poisoning WITHOUT giving the American President a copy of the data supporting that statement. AH-HUH.

But by any objective measure this should all be over soon. Donnie is not behind in the polling because of Black Voters or Latinx Voters. He is behind because he is losing buckets of White Voters. Donnie can pull the Kanye West emergency lever all he wants....there is simply no way for him to make up in Black Voters or even a combination of Black and Latinx Voters what he is losing in White Voters which make up 70% of the Electorate.

All Donnie has left is to try to steal it through widespread voter suppression. He can't make up his losses in White Voters fast enough in the time remaining no matter how much he tries to push CDC and FDA around and he can't capture enough Black and Latinx voters to swing the election his way in the face ofd his losses in White Voters. Donnie could steal it though which is at least half his effort now. The other half is trying to convince the same fools he fooled in 2016 to be fooled again.

The world has been and will continue to be jealous of people from European nations--- especially Western European nations. Something about success seems to bother some folks--- even as they do everything can to copy that success. 300 years ago Western Europe was no more wealthy than much of China or the Middle East, but the Europeans were quicker to develop new technologies, especially shipbuilding, guns/cannons, and then later industrialization.

Today many of the malcontented with nothing to do but complain, do so in the comfort of their own homes with all their creature comforts. Comforts which are a direct result of several centuries of Western European and North American advances in technology, politics, economics, philosophy--- and most importantly culture.

If people actually believe they would have a better life now, no matter what their race here in America--- had the Aztecs, the Pawnee, or the Swahili been "steering the ship of progress".... well, that is just pure comedy gold in my humble opinion. I don't think many would enjoy "blogging" by smoke signals in their skin covered huts out in the elements. Meanwhile all of this silly talk about "white guilt" is just coming from people who never picked up a book on world history. It is very convenient to be upset at "white" European folks, but these uniformed would do themselves a service to understand that long before white Western Europeans having political and economic superiority, there were the Romans, Greeks, Persians---- as well as many other others at different times and different places who dominated everyone else around them. Wonder why people aren't still complaining about them too?

With my rough life I don’t know where to look. It’s also odd that a black man named David Webb was said to have “White Privilege” benefits by a reporter on CNN while talking to him on the phone.

If you are not being randomly pulled over while driving, or being watched extra closely when you are shopping, or not having your job/school application quietly tossed in the garbage before even being reviewed, you are privileged.

Sometimes we don't know what we have until we don't have it.

The world has been and will continue to be jealous of people from European nations--- especially Western European nations. Something about success seems to bother some folks--- even as they do everything can to copy that success. 300 years ago Western Europe was no more wealthy than much of China or the Middle East, but the Europeans were quicker to develop new technologies, especially shipbuilding, guns/cannons, and then later industrialization.

Today many of the malcontented with nothing to do but complain, do so in the comfort of their own homes with all their creature comforts. Comforts which are a direct result of several centuries of Western European and North American advances in technology, politics, economics, philosophy--- and most importantly culture.

If people actually believe they would have a better life now, no matter what their race here in America--- had the Aztecs, the Pawnee, or the Swahili been "steering the ship of progress".... well, that is just pure comedy gold in my humble opinion. I don't think many would enjoy "blogging" by smoke signals in their skin covered huts out in the elements. Meanwhile all of this silly talk about "white guilt" is just coming from people who never picked up a book on world history. It is very convenient to be upset at "white" European folks, but these uniformed would do themselves a service to understand that long before white Western Europeans having political and economic superiority, there were the Romans, Greeks, Persians---- as well as many other others at different times and different places who dominated everyone else around them. Wonder why people aren't still complaining about them too?

This is not about the rise and fall of civilizations/cultures around the world. This is about the inequities of how people are treated today in our society here based on the contingencies of where their ancestors came from. It's more akin to criticizing the caste system in India.

Last edited:
You’ve never had your resume rejected for having a “black” name.

No, but I was rejected because it was an Affirmative Action hire only, and I was White :(

This is not about the rise and fall of civilizations/cultures around the world. This is about the inequities of how people are treated today in our society based on the contingencies of where their ancestors came from.

So what is your solutions? White people of Western European heritage need to poor ashes on their heads and wear sack cloth in mourning for the next 300 years?

I didn't oppress anyone, so I sure as heck ain't going to feel guilty about something I didn't do. Besides, most people in today's America who are still on the bottom are there due to self inflicted wounds--- poor life choices. Why is it that many Cambodians, Vietnamese and other "boat people" could come to America after losing everything and in few decades be counted among the middle calss here in this so called "systemically racist nation"? You think White America rolled out the red carpet for those people from Southeast Asia? What is different about them than people in South Chicago who's ancestors have been here for 300+ years?

Most of the "inequities" you speak of are all self induced. In other words: "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink".

So what is your solutions? White people of Western European heritage need to poor ashes on their heads and wear sack cloth in mourning for the next 300 years?

I didn't oppress anyone, so I sure as heck ain't going to feel guilty about something I didn't do. Besides, most people in today's America who are still on the bottom are there due to self inflicted wounds--- poor life choices. Why is it that many Cambodians, Vietnamese and other "boat people" could come to America after losing everything and in few decades be counted among the middle calss here in this so called "systemically racist nation"? You think White America rolled out the red carpet for those people from Southeast Asia? What is different about them than people in South Chicago who's ancestors have been here for 300+ years?

Most of the "inequities" you speak of are all self induced. In other words: "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink".

Nah- the problems caused by 4 centuries of chattel slavery and systematic racism are sociologically/economically/culturally very complex, and will take a few generations to dig out from. Folks who still were dealing with "whites only" bathrooms, forced to sit in the back of the bus, not having access to the same schools, not being allowed to vote, etc... are still around to tell you all about it. No other minority has had all THAT to deal with. And the problem is that skin color is such a visibly obvious thing that all the social stigmata that go with it are hard to shake off that easily. The Irish, Poles, Italians, etc... had a much easier time blending in to the general population and rest of society. Skin tone is visible to everyone the second they see you- and so you immediately get labeled with a lot of baggage and assumptions and pre-judgments. It is is like the scarlet letter in our society.

You don't have to feel guilty to admit we have a problem and help address it. Or at least get out of the way if you don't want to do anything about it.

It’s funny how you lefties acknowledge Hollywood only when it suits your agenda, even when the Hollywood actor I quote is a lefty. And there you go again with Voter ID even when you have to show an ID for EVERYTHING ELSE.

my "white privilege" was being born to a man and woman who married shortly after WW II and stayed together until they died three months apart 60 years later. The taught me me honor, integrity, dependability and responsibility.

My white privilege was doing what I said I do, when I said I'd do it.
My white privilege was being on time every time.
My white privilege was turning in an honest day's work
My white privilege was being respectful to everyone I dealt with.
My white privilege was respecting my superiors and following their direction. AND learning how to express my reservations and recommendations diplomatically and accept no as an answer.
My white privilege was getting married before having children and sticking around to raise them rather than evaluating my manhood by how many women I could get pregnant and abandon
My white privilege was cherishing the history of this country and its values, but understanding it's not perfect.
My white privilege was understanding that my success and place in live was up to me; all this country guaranteed was a chance, not a guarantee.
My white privilege was learning to help others as they helped themselves.

Ironically, the Smithonian's Museum of African American Culture's did a pretty damn good or defining "whiteness"

White culture.jpg

Last edited:

In Orange and Bold:
Europe, not necessarily Germany or Britain. The breeding grounds of the WASP. Take Shakespeare, Chaucer and English Common Law and that is about all England has contributed beyond ruthless Imperialism. Germany has precision machining and not much more. The only thing that distinguishes Germany and Saxony from Britain is that Germany engaged in neighborly Imperialism as opposed to long distance Imperialism. Why, claimed the Saxon go half way round the world when you can just try to conquer your neighbor. Germany, expanded Saxony brought two world wars down on the world's heads, the second foretold and virtually guaranteed by the first leaving all Europe picking through its own rubble in the process. The rest of Europe thanks you, IDIOT Kaiser. That Europe would have forced reparations on Germany and the other Central Powers that they could not tolerate and that the Triple Entente alliance had no stomach to compel was the easiest, surest bet in history as was the subsequent Second World War a mere generation later, NOT EVEN.

Europe WOULD have had a good thing going if they could get along. It all went to hell in a hand basket in two world wars and they had to be bailed out by what was once a simple backwoods colony. Actually the second of those world wars is what turned the 20th Century into the American Century. Saved from actually having the wars fought on our soil we were the only industrialized nation not picking through its own rubble after 1946. So unless Donald can dream up another 1946 his MAGA formula is going nowhere in a hurry.

Britain for all of its Imperial adventures ended up flat broke and busted, forced to give up its far flung empire barely able to save the colors on their way outta' town. What a waste of lives and ships, seafaring technology and wealth. I can't think of a single country that got so little out of so much effort. Their empire was surely far flung but they had no earthly idea what to do with it.

We were smart enough to throw off Monarchy, without any question the worst form of Governance ever conceived by man, worse than Communism, worse than Socialism, worse than Fascism. Monarchy is simply autocracy by heredity.

What saved us is what doomed Europe to endless strife and conflict. Our diversity and our freedom from Monarchy is what distinguishes us. We took in Immigrants from everywhere, often from Europe fleeing the lunacy of European conflict to flourish and prosper away from all that European hereditary nonsense. Diversity and Freedom have been our twin pillars. Now think about how far afield of those two concepts is Trumpism.
GOOD LUCK.

In black and bold:
They were not interested in your version of "progress". What a foolish, ignorant argument. Would Native Americans have been any less happy if they were left to their own devices? What makes European civilization so superior. Oh I know....MORE firepower.

Last edited:

Obviously you call the white house.

It’s funny how you lefties acknowledge Hollywood only when it suits your agenda, even when the Hollywood actor I quote is a lefty. And there you go again with Voter ID even when you have to show an ID for EVERYTHING ELSE.

I don't acknowledge Hollywood for anything but decent movies and there are damned few of those lately. The LaLa Land nickname is well earned.

Back
Top Bottom