• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What number do I call to get my “White Privilege” benefits?

No I wasn't aware, you didn't have a link in your OP, and I responded before I noticed you corrected that in another post.

But I do like Jnug's response in general terms, even if it may not apply to this specific incident.

I have SiriusXM and listen to his radio show often. I've also seen him on TV numerous times.

That’s bullcrap. Saying that somebody has “white privilege” is what’s really racist. Barely anybody said such nonsense until Obama was president. Look at like the 2000’s decade. Barely anybody said it, unless you were Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton. You’re just parroting what pop culture tells you to think. At least I am able to think for myself. Do you even bother to research your nonsense? Or do you just listen to Hollywood and the mainstream media? Maybe you should watch some video footage of the things that you are assuming. It’s not the 1960’s or prior anymore. Good grief!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you are speaking to it's acknowledgement not to it's existence

dude, it's very real

I really have to wonder about people who deny it.

Everybody faces hardship. That’s a bull**** excuse. David Webb doesn’t believe in “White Privilege”. Neither do Morgan Freeman, Denzel Washington, Larry Elder, Candace Owens, Kanye West, and many other black individuals. Maybe you should stop watching CNN, or whatever mainstream media you follow.

Again, so what?

Do you think racism doesn’t exist or do you just think it has never affected someone negatively?

Again, so what?

Do you think racism doesn’t exist or do you just think it has never affected someone negatively?

No one is saying racism doesn’t exist anymore. But it has drastically reduced, unlike what the media in which you’re gullible enough to fall for, tells you. Nobody talked about this nonsense probably from the late 1970’s until Obama was president. And that’s ironic, considering a black man got elected president twice.

Again, so what?

I actually got sexually harassed once, but I don’t blame all women for that, or even that individual. She wasn’t mentally stable. Maybe you guys should stop judging books by their covers?

What number do I call to get my “White Privilege” benefits?

white privilege doesn't require a phone call in the US. i'm not sure about Russia. i think there, it's mostly about avoiding being poisoned.

white privilege doesn't require a phone call in the US. i'm not sure about Russia. i think there, it's mostly about avoiding being poisoned.

It’s funny because I had a rough life and was picked on when I was a kid. Where’s my “privilege”?

It’s funny because I had a rough life and was picked on when I was a kid. Where’s my “privilege”?

i was picked on as a kid, too. however, i wouldn't call my life rough. challenging at times, but others had it a lot worse. however, i am intelligent enough to know that i avoided some real scrapes due to being white. but like i said, i only know how it works in the US.

No one is saying racism doesn’t exist anymore. But it has drastically reduced, unlike what the media in which you’re gullible enough to fall for, tells you. Nobody talked about this nonsense probably from the late 1970’s until Obama was president. And that’s ironic, considering a black man got elected president twice.

There have been plenty of articles about it. I recall reading several in the 1990s, early 2000s, and throughout the Bush presidency. Maybe you did not notice it until Obama was president because you chose news sources and other media that was devoid of people who cared about those issues.

As an example, here is an article from 1998:

In the decades since affirmative action policies were first instituted, the poverty rate has remained basically unchanged. Despite black gains by numerous other measures, close to 30 percent of black families still live below the poverty line. “There are those who say, my fellow Americans, that even good affirmative action programs are no longer needed,” President Clinton said in July 1995. But “let us consider,” he went on, that “the unemployment rate for African Americans remains about twice that of whites.” Racial preferences are the president’s answer to persistent inequality, although a quarter-century of affirmative action has done nothing whatever to close the unemployment gap (Black Progress: How far we’ve come, and how far we have to go)​

Re: What number do I call to get my “White Privilege� benefits?

I remember years back someone on our mountain discussion forum said she had a report to do in college about racism in our mountain communities. There are very few blacks and a small population of hispanics living up here. Mostly white people answered her and said, "No". A few black and hispanic people conveyed their personal stories of racism. This lady said that she was not going to use their stories because they were anecdotal. I remember thinking, why ask WHITE people if other races or people "with color"had faced discrimination???

Growing up Black in Reno | David Gamble

You got them. Probably didn't know how to use them. Fortunately for me, I did. But was never able to convince myself I was not privileged. I was and knew it.

So when are you paying reparations?

And I could point out that those black communities have been run by Democrats for decades.

Do you know why it tends to happen more in cities with Democratic officials? Have you ever thought about it? What happens in Republican cities when homeless communities set up tents? Do you see a lot of homeless tents in those cities?

Republican mayors tend to push lower income populations out of their cities, either through policies or tax rates. Lower taxes means less income assistance to lower income communities. As a result, lower income communities are pushed into Democrat run cities where they are more welcome and have more assistance.

Now, I am not saying Democrats do not play a part in the oppression either. The income assistance programs are necessary to some degree, but they do not go far enough to provide other opportunities for most families to climb out of poverty. Some families start to accept that is how their lives will be and resign themselves to that fate. The lack of business growth in those communities and the education available to those communities also makes it difficult for people to grow out of those situations. Unfortunately, minorities tend to be affected more by poverty than White Americans are.

It is a bipartisan issue. Pretending it is only the Democratic officials' fault just passes the buck and absolves Republicans of responsibility. That has been going on far too long. Both parties need to work together to solve the issues plaguing many of the country's cities.

YOU didn’t talk about it because YOU are white, and racism never affected you. YOU had the privilege of ignoring it for the last 50 years.

“A black man got elected president” does not erase all systemic racial bias in this country. As you admit yourself, racism does still exist.

Do you agree that racism also affects people negatively?

There have been plenty of articles about it. I recall reading several in the 1990s, early 2000s, and throughout the Bush presidency. Maybe you did not notice it until Obama was president because you chose news sources and other media that was devoid of people who cared about those issues.

As an example, here is an article from 1998:

In the decades since affirmative action policies were first instituted, the poverty rate has remained basically unchanged. Despite black gains by numerous other measures, close to 30 percent of black families still live below the poverty line. “There are those who say, my fellow Americans, that even good affirmative action programs are no longer needed,” President Clinton said in July 1995. But “let us consider,” he went on, that “the unemployment rate for African Americans remains about twice that of whites.” Racial preferences are the president’s answer to persistent inequality, although a quarter-century of affirmative action has done nothing whatever to close the unemployment gap (Black Progress: How far we’ve come, and how far we have to go)​

I implied that it was talked about much less. I even was more specific on one of my posts above that it wasn’t “never” but rarely discussed.

Wow white privilege...thats some racist **** if I ever saw it.

YOU didn’t talk about it because YOU are white, and racism never affected you. YOU had the privilege of ignoring it for the last 50 years.

“A black man got elected president” does not erase all systemic racial bias in this country. As you admit yourself, racism does still exist.

Do you agree that racism also affects people negatively?

Somebody discriminated against me because I was white before. I didn’t give it much thought.

Somebody discriminated against me because I was white before. I didn’t give it much thought.

LOL, tough life

i was picked on as a kid, too. however, i wouldn't call my life rough. challenging at times, but others had it a lot worse. however, i am intelligent enough to know that i avoided some real scrapes due to being white. but like i said, i only know how it works in the US.

If you read it more clearly that was just one example I posted. I don’t post the rest of the stuff because I don’t like talking about it.

I implied that it was talked about much less. I even was more specific on one of my posts above that it wasn’t “never” but rarely discussed.
That may be true, but your post to me said, "Nobody talked about this nonsense probably from the late 1970’s until Obama was president." I was pointing out that you were incorrect by saying "Nobody" in that post.

Try asking these folks. Maybe they'll invite you over for some caviar and D.P.

WFL5YQWBRBA6XBOB7IO4FDCF2Y.jpg

projection

Its not projection (lefties next word they dont understand). White Privilege is a term racists use. You are sorting people based on skin color. That proves you a racist.

Its not projection (lefties next word they dont understand). White Privilege is a term racists use. You are sorting people based on skin color. That proves you a racist.

projections are boring. peace.

If you read it more clearly that was just one example I posted. I don’t post the rest of the stuff because I don’t like talking about it.

I’ll be slightly more specific. It had to do with the social system. No, I don’t think that they didn’t do enough, but too much rather. Maybe a little corrupt, and with doctors with very poor bedside manner. But I’ll leave it at that.

Back
Top Bottom