• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What my parents taught me about slavery and racism

I am amazed at the number of people that with a straight face can claim that....golly...NO ONE ever taught THEM about slavery.

FFS...slavery has ALWAYS been taught in school and most parents that have dialogue with their children and healthy relationships Regularly discuss these types of issues. Except I guess leftists who all went to special schools where racism and slavery where never talked about and everything they were told sprinkled unicorn dust over the existence and superiority of white people.

What is at issue now is NOT the discussion of historical events but rather the constant and concerted effort to separate the races, cause MODERN DAY division by pointing fingers at one group as a victim class and the others at an oppressing class...for adults to stir up and foment hatred and division.

****ing morons.

LITERALLY....the only place you will find the systemic oppression today that devastates black families and black communities is in the democrat run major cities across the country. Across the country OUTSIDE of those shitholes that the democrats have created for black Americans...outside of the devastation to the black families CAUSED by decades of leftist rule in those cities...black Americans thrive. Black Americans own business. Black American children actually graduate from high school and can READ, unlike the black Americans stuck in the rat infested education systems built by democrats. The success rates for black Americans outside of those shitholes is pretty close to the success rate of white Americans though both groups lag the success rates of Asian Americans.

This race baiting bullshit is a cancer. And the people that bleat on the loudest about it are the same people that continue to vote for the very people that built those oppprerssive shitholes in the first ****ing place.

I lived in a segregated part of the South when I first learned about slavery and the fact that white people enslaved black people. When I questioned them, my parents told me that yes it happened, but I was not responsible for what happened a hundred years ago. They told me though that I was responsible for how I treated people of other color in my own life. I have always tried since then to do as they asked. I have not always been perfect, I suspect no one has, but have done the best I could. Instead of basically not telling out children of our nations history of slavery and racism, maybe they should do as my parents did.
What is wrong with you?

That makes way too much sense!

It would never work!

Kudos to you and your parents.

See the source already posted in this thread. African sleeping sickness has nothing to do with “horrific conditions.” It’s caused by a parasite transmitted by infected Tsetse flies. Once infected, humans spread it via bodily fluids and all that implies, i.e. blood and sexual relations.

For instance blood that might be spread by mass whippings by slavemasters?

Or sexual relations like mass rapes committed by overseers?

Certainly not. What the race baiters don’t want us to remember is that the problem resides within a minority of black people. They want you to believe that Keisha is a waste of flesh because slavery. They don’t want you examining the truth that Keisha is where she is in life because, unlike the majority of her racial peers, she chose to drop out of high school and make babies.
No credit for that answer. You are talking about an individual and transferring that to a group (classic racist generalization). I asked about the group. Is there some deficiency in the group that creates those inequities, or is there something else at play?

No credit for that answer. You are talking about an individual and transferring that to a group (classic racist generalization). I asked about the group. Is there some deficiency in the group that creates those inequities, or is there something else at play?
There’s a subculture within a minority of that group which influences that outcome.

For instance blood that might be spread by mass whippings by slavemasters?

Or sexual relations like mass rapes committed by overseers?
There’s no evidence that either of those things caused the pandemic. African Sleeping Sickness is a risk that tens of millions live with even today just by virtue of their geography.

There’s no evidence that either of those things caused the pandemic. African Sleeping Sickness is a risk that tens of millions live with even today just by virtue of their geography.

That “geography” is spread out over an area of more than the size of the United States and Canada combined and nearly a billion people.

Why can’t you just admit that your fellow whiteists’ atrocities drove the deaths in the Congo Free State?

There’s a subculture within a minority of that group which influences that outcome.
Your inability (or refusal) to answer the question gives me all I need to know. Do you honestly believe the actions of a minority subculture accounts for persistent levels of national inequity?

I lived in a segregated part of the South when I first learned about slavery and the fact that white people enslaved black people. When I questioned them, my parents told me that yes it happened, but I was not responsible for what happened a hundred years ago. They told me though that I was responsible for how I treated people of other color in my own life. I have always tried since then to do as they asked. I have not always been perfect, I suspect no one has, but have done the best I could. Instead of basically not telling out children of our nations history of slavery and racism, maybe they should do as my parents did.
Says almost everyone in the US since slavery is STILL and has been taught in most classrooms across the US.

What is it that you think they aren't teaching?

I am amazed at the number of people that with a straight face can claim that....golly...NO ONE ever taught THEM about slavery.

FFS...slavery has ALWAYS been taught in school and most parents that have dialogue with their children and healthy relationships Regularly discuss these types of issues. Except I guess leftists who all went to special schools where racism and slavery where never talked about and everything they were told sprinkled unicorn dust over the existence and superiority of white people.

What is at issue now is NOT the discussion of historical events but rather the constant and concerted effort to separate the races, cause MODERN DAY division by pointing fingers at one group as a victim class and the others at an oppressing class...for adults to stir up and foment hatred and division.

****ing morons.

LITERALLY....the only place you will find the systemic oppression today that devastates black families and black communities is in the democrat run major cities across the country. Across the country OUTSIDE of those shitholes that the democrats have created for black Americans...outside of the devastation to the black families CAUSED by decades of leftist rule in those cities...black Americans thrive. Black Americans own business. Black American children actually graduate from high school and can READ, unlike the black Americans stuck in the rat infested education systems built by democrats. The success rates for black Americans outside of those shitholes is pretty close to the success rate of white Americans though both groups lag the success rates of Asian Americans.

This race baiting bullshit is a cancer. And the people that bleat on the loudest about it are the same people that continue to vote for the very people that built those oppprerssive shitholes in the first ****ing place.
Which history class taught you that 'husbandry' used by slaveowners with their slaves was a critical part of slavery in America?

That “geography” is spread out over an area of more than the size of the United States and Canada combined and nearly a billion people.

Why can’t you just admit that your fellow whiteists’ atrocities drove the deaths in the Congo Free State?
There’s no evidence of that. Per the source posted in this thread - the primarily cause of death in the Congo was African Sleeping Sickness and that is not an “atrocity.”

Your inability (or refusal) to answer the question gives me all I need to know. Do you honestly believe the actions of a minority subculture accounts for persistent levels of national inequity?
I did answer the question. Equity is a fallacy. Equality works for the majority of Black America.

There’s no evidence of that. Per the source posted in this thread - the primarily cause of death in the Congo was African Sleeping Sickness and that is not an “atrocity.”

The source does not say that. It says disease was the number one killer (of which sleeping sickness was just one of many) and then it goes on to state that the disease death toll was exacerbated by the horrific atrocities committed.

If you were honest you would admit that.

But then again honest people aren’t white supremacists.

what's troubling to me today is I see blatant racism being accepted in the republican party today.....i see the 30s-40s generation of young whites with no shame as to their disdain for blacks......

I call bullshit.

Which history class taught you that 'husbandry' used by slaveowners with their slaves was a critical part of slavery in America?
The history I was taught showed that the importation of slavery was slowed dramatically in early 1800's and that slaves were routinely taken from their families and sold to perpetuate the practice.

But then...its 2022, and I'm sure your family has been sufficiently chastised for your slave owning history. Maybe not though...perhaps we should go ahead and target your children and grandchildren to make sure they carry the burdens of your horrific slave past.

Per the source, the actions of the “”Free State” were directly responsible for the millions upon millions of deaths.

The history I was taught showed that the importation of slavery was slowed dramatically in early 1800's and that slaves were routinely taken from their families and sold to perpetuate the practice.

But then...its 2022, and I'm sure your family has been sufficiently chastised for your slave owning history. Maybe not though...perhaps we should go ahead and target your children and grandchildren to make sure they carry the burdens of your horrific slave past.
Then you didn't get the whole story did you. Which history text was this in?
"“My marster… started out wid two ’omen slaves and raised 300 slaves.” So testified John Smith, a 108-year-old former slave who was interviewed by a Works Project Administration employee in the late 1930s. Smith’s testimony was as sensational as it was disturbing. He recalled that “Short Peggy” and “Long Peggy,” the two women his master “started out wid,” were prized for their fecundity. The sexual exploitation that Smith claimed these women experienced led to the reproduction of slaves who enriched Smith’s master through their labor or sale."

Then you didn't get the whole story did you. Which history text was this in?
"“My marster… started out wid two ’omen slaves and raised 300 slaves.” So testified John Smith, a 108-year-old former slave who was interviewed by a Works Project Administration employee in the late 1930s. Smith’s testimony was as sensational as it was disturbing. He recalled that “Short Peggy” and “Long Peggy,” the two women his master “started out wid,” were prized for their fecundity. The sexual exploitation that Smith claimed these women experienced led to the reproduction of slaves who enriched Smith’s master through their labor or sale."
What you just said, I said. and still......its 2022, and I'm sure your family has been sufficiently chastised for your slave owning history. Maybe not though...perhaps we should go ahead and target your children and grandchildren to make sure they carry the burdens of your horrific slave past.

I'm always interested to see how threads discussing the ongoing damage done by white supremacy never fails to bring all the (closeted?) racists to rush to racism's defense.

What you just said, I said. and still......its 2022, and I'm sure your family has been sufficiently chastised for your slave owning history. Maybe not though...perhaps we should go ahead and target your children and grandchildren to make sure they carry the burdens of your horrific slave past.
You aren't telling the truth. There is no school in America that uses that as a part of the curriculum. Your attempted barbs at me mean nothing, but they do reveal something about you.

You aren't telling the truth. There is no school in America that uses that as a part of the curriculum. Your attempted barbs at me mean nothing, but they do reveal something about you.
Horseshit. Go ahead and show me the school curriculum that excludes slavery from their history books.

And really? You call those 'barbs'? That is LITERALLY the intent of the Marxist bullshit you support. Your children and great grandchildren should be made to carry the shame of you and your families evil racist past.

Horseshit. Go ahead and show me the school curriculum that excludes slavery from their history books.

And really? You call those 'barbs'? That is LITERALLY the intent of the Marxist bullshit you support. Your children and great grandchildren should be made to carry the shame of you and your families evil racist past.
I didn't say slavery was excluded, I'd call it whitewashing. I was speaking directly toward sexual violence and husbandry by white people to the people they 'owned'. You must be Republican, your deflection is showing.

How are they Marxist?

I didn't say slavery was excluded, I'd call it whitewashing. I was speaking directly toward sexual violence and husbandry by white people to the people they 'owned'. You must be Republican, your deflection is showing.

How are they Marxist?
Again...show me where history does not teach that slave owners bred and sold slaves.

And...by 'white people'? do you mean ALL 'white people'? Slave owning 'white people'? What about the slave owning 'black people' that did that...does your history teach that as well?

See...'people' like you ALWAYS expose your tired pathetic racist bullshit.

Back
Top Bottom