• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

What My Military Company Motto Would Be If I Was CO

TimmyBoy

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I was thinking, about how things are in life in general and how things are on the battlefield. If I was a Commanding Officer of a company, my company motto would be "Only The Strong Survive!" I would require my troops to shout it at the top of their lungs every time the First Sergent or myself ordered them to "fall out" from formation. Every single time they had to do pushups, after recovering, I would require them to shout "Only the strong survive!" at the top of their lungs. And I would say "That's right, soldiers, only the strong survive and the weak fall by the wayside, not just in the battlefield but in life in general. We do not have weaklings in this company and we will not tolerate weakness. We only allow winners and survivors to be in this company."

I would take them on 100 mile road marches as often as possible and daily 10 mile runs, because they must be the strongest to survive.

TimmyBoy said:
I was thinking, about how things are in life in general and how things are on the battlefield. If I was a Commanding Officer of a company, my company motto would be "Only The Strong Survive!" I would require my troops to shout it at the top of their lungs every time the First Sergent or myself ordered them to "fall out" from formation. Every single time they had to do pushups, after recovering, I would require them to shout "Only the strong survive!" at the top of their lungs. And I would say "That's right, soldiers, only the strong survive and the weak fall by the wayside, not just in the battlefield but in life in general. We do not have weaklings in this company and we will not tolerate weakness. We only allow winners and survivors to be in this company."

I would take them on 100 mile road marches as often as possible and daily 10 mile runs, because they must be the strongest to survive.
That's one way to look at it. How would you decide what constitutes weak and strong? How would you measure it?

ShullsM said:
That's one way to look at it. How would you decide what constitutes weak and strong? How would you measure it?

I think being strong also requires good solid morals but on the same token, not being niave. Helping out the guys in your unit and not compromising your integrity. But on the battlefield, you cannot afford to have weak soldiers, you have to have them well trained and strong. They must be both mentally and physically strong. During their training, they must be tested to the maximum both mentally and physically. I might put them in a situation where they might have to shoot a child during a training scenario who is threatening the survival of the unit to see what they do. I would try to make the training as close to real combat as possible. I would have a serious discussion about it as well. But I certainly would be a hated man as CO during training and I would punish them. A leader's job is not to be buddy buddy with the men he is responsible for, but to take care of his men. On the same token, I would want myself to be the most in shape man out of anybody in my unit and to lead by example. That means always being up front in the road march and the intensive runs and exercises. My job would not be to somebody who is necessarily liked, but somebody who will bring everybody back home alive and sometimes that requires being harsh to your men during training. But I would train them from the heart, because combat is unforgiving and unmerciful. Therefore, at times I must be unforgiving and unmerciful during my training. In Bosnia, this was the way it was for the people who survived the war/genocide. Probably put them through massive sleep deprivation and make them do patrols with extremely heavy ruck sacks (army name for soldier's back pack). As a leader, you must be the toughest of the toughest.

Last edited:
I'm not really into the whole military thing but if I had a motto for them it would be Officium per Veneratio which means 'Duty with Honor'. I would have chosen Duty with Chivalry Veneratio was the best word to describe chivalry.

Back
Top Bottom