• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

What muslims think of Jesus ??

mustafa

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
This is what Islam and muslims think of Jesus
http://www.unbforums.com/jesus.html

But the only difference between Islam and christianity is that
1. Islam doesn't believe that jesus is the son of god
2. Jesus was crucified ( muslims believe that Jesus will return in the end of times to bring peace and justice )

I find it amusing how much christianity and Islam share in common ... There is many more things christianity and Islam agree on but many people don't realize that .....

its about time someone said that. i really dispise people who are christian and hate muslims.

mustafa said:
This is what Islam and muslims think of Jesus
http://www.unbforums.com/jesus.html

But the only difference between Islam and christianity is that
1. Islam doesn't believe that jesus is the son of god
2. Jesus was crucified ( muslims believe that Jesus will return in the end of times to bring peace and justice )

I find it amusing how much christianity and Islam share in common ... There is many more things christianity and Islam agree on but many people don't realize that .....

Then again, that's where the similarities between modern Christianity and Islam end.

Islam indeed views Jesus as a great prophet... but maintains that Jesus is superceded in all religious respects by the prophet Mohammad.

Christianity maintains that Jesus is divine and an aspect of the Holy Trinity. As the Christian concept of the Trinity is condemed by Islam as polytheism (There is only one God and that God is Allah)... irreconcilable theological and foundational differences exist between these two religions.

Tashah said:
Islam indeed views Jesus as a great prophet... but maintains that Jesus is superceded in all religious respects by the prophet Mohammad.

Is it true that Muslims have blocked (walled up) the Eastern Gate to prevent His return?

Tashah said:
Christianity maintains that Jesus is divine and an aspect of the Holy Trinity. As the Christian concept of the Trinity is condemed by Islam as polytheism (There is only one God and that God is Allah)... irreconcilable theological and foundational differences exist between these two religions.

Yes ...

“The first and most important article of faith is the shema, that YHWH [God/Allah] is one, and there is only one YHWH [God/Allah]. I have learned from experience that unless that most basic point is agreed upon, there can be no right fellowship. It is the most basic truth of
faith” (Mountain Jew).​

mustafa said:

Yea, and judism (jews) dont believe jesus was the son of god or he will return, I dont get why islamics and christians dont get along either..I guess they are so arrogant and dont see the similarities or they want to prove which religion is more dominant

Is it true that Muslims have blocked (walled up) the Eastern Gate to prevent His return?

Huh? Muslim's know Jesus (pbuh) will return also

peace

MiamiFlorida said:
Then again, that's where the similarities between modern Christianity and Islam end.

Actually, Christianity and Islam (and Judaism for that matter) are extremely similar in their fundamental beliefs. They all inherited the Abrahamic ethic. :lol:

Prior to that it was based on Semite propaghanda campaign for its people to turn away from agriculture and continue living in the hunter gatherer fashion.

Cain killing Abel being respresentative of the agriculturalists of the fertile crescent encroaching upon and strangling the hunting lands of the Semite peoples.

Snoozin said:
Actually, Christianity and Islam (and Judaism for that matter) are extremely similar in their fundamental beliefs. They all inherited the Abrahamic ethic. :lol:

They may be extremely similar in their fundamental beliefs...but extremely dissimilar in their fundamentalist application.

MiamiFlorida said:
They may be extremely similar in their fundamental beliefs...but extremely dissimilar in their fundamentalist application.

Well, I agree to a point. I think there is a fundamentalist movement across the globe in all major religions, Christianity included. But other than Wahhabism, which is not, by the way, one of the four accepted schools of Sunni jurisprudence, I think you would find the overwhelming majority of Muslims to be peace loving, and even termed moderate.

Back
Top Bottom