• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What "medical conditions actually keep one from wearing a mask?

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I have fun watching so called "Karen" video's on Youtube, Yes I have too much time on my hands, but many of the video's are about Karens who do not want to wear masks in stores who require them. Every one of the Karens say they have a medical condition but refuse to say what the condition they have is or show proof of the condition. So what are the conditions that actually should keep you from wearing a mask and not just because they are uncomfortable, which they are? I find there seems very few. The three I could find was children under 3, someone that is unconscious, or someone that has trouble breathing. The more I read it seems the last is someone on oxygen. So there are few real medical problems that do not allow someone to wear a masks. Just so you know, one of the Karens I saw in the video after she stopped trying to enter the store and being refused after she told them she had a medical problem said that the virus was not real and the only ones who believed were liberals. I suspect she dd not have a medical problem, how about you?

I have fun watching so called "Karen" video's on Youtube, Yes I have too much time on my hands, but many of the video's are about Karens who do not want to wear masks in stores who require them. Every one of the Karens say they have a medical condition but refuse to say what the condition they have is or show proof of the condition. So what are the conditions that actually should keep you from wearing a mask and not just because they are uncomfortable, which they are? I find there seems very few. The three I could find was children under 3, someone that is unconscious, or someone that has trouble breathing. The more I read it seems the last is someone on oxygen. So there are few real medical problems that do not allow someone to wear a masks. Just so you know, one of the Karens I saw in the video after she stopped trying to enter the store and being refused after she told them she had a medical problem said that the virus was not real and the only ones who believed were liberals. I suspect she dd not have a medical problem, how about you?

The medical condition is in their heads. When the signs on the door only read, "No Shoes - No Shirt - No Service", you never got this pavlovian response about people's alleged freedoms. Suddenly a business makes an effort to further refine the their terms of service - often based on what their insurance companies and attorneys advise them about their potential for liability - and knuckleheads are up at arms.

From my perspective - and I suspect from the perspective of millions of other patrons - if a business won't enforce the use of masks, then I won't patronize them.

Let's proceed by modifying the old signs. Make them read: "No Shoes - No Shirts - No Masks - No Service!" Maybe the idiots will catch on then.

My sister has had brain surgery and is susceptible to sinus infection as a result. You know the top of your sinuses where there's bone holding your brain up? She doesn't have that anymore. There's a sort of mesh there now and infections can take hold quickly.

The problem a mask creates for her is the collection of her own bacteria concentrating to a point that it takes advantage of the mesh and forms an infection.

A mask is literally more dangerous to her than covid, and if she catches covid, she's dead. No question.

My sister has had brain surgery and is susceptible to sinus infection as a result. You know the top of your sinuses where there's bone holding your brain up? She doesn't have that anymore. There's a sort of mesh there now and infections can take hold quickly.

The problem a mask creates for her is the collection of her own bacteria concentrating to a point that it takes advantage of the mesh and forms an infection.

A mask is literally more dangerous to her than covid, and if she catches covid, she's dead. No question.

She shouldn't be going out in public at all. Anybody who can't wear a mask because of health reasons shouldn't be going into public areas.

She shouldn't be going out in public at all. Anybody who can't wear a mask because of health reasons shouldn't be going into public areas.

Her doctor advises her otherwise. For example, do you know why lots of people get colds during the winter? It's not because of the temperature. It's because everyone stayed couped up inside. Cocooning herself inside all the time would actually make her more likely to get another infection, not less, but thank you for sharing your professional medical opinion. I'll be sure to tell her that Mongidig from teh internetz said she could ignore her doctor's advice.

Her doctor advises her otherwise. For example, do you know why lots of people get colds during the winter? It's not because of the temperature. It's because everyone stayed couped up inside. Cocooning herself inside all the time would actually make her more likely to get another infection, not less, but thank you for sharing your professional medical opinion. I'll be sure to tell her that Mongidig from teh internetz said she could ignore her doctor's advice.

If here doctor is gelling her to go out without a mask she needs a new doctor.

LOL

U do wonder...whether half the bs RE the virus is true

How often does she change masks or cleans the ones she wears? Many stores will no let you in even if you have a real medical problem so she just might be out of luck. All of the stores I saw in the Karen video's said sorry, but no mask no entry, even with a medical problem.

a bunch of Americans are simply not decent enough people to do some basic stuff to save the grandparents of a bunch of today's kids.

LOL

U do wonder...whether half the bs RE the virus is true

I think after 4 million positives in this country and over 145,000 deaths you would realize it is true and wearing a mask helps as it has in other countries that have mandated masks and are now able to open their economies and schools. Of course it is your right not to believe, but you will still have to wear a mask to enter many stores.

She can go out to open places where there are few if any people, but without a mask, stores should be out of the question if her problem is as bad as you portray.

a bunch of Americans are simply not decent enough people to do some basic stuff to save the grandparents of a bunch of today's kids.

It is because we have become, the me, me and only me country. We used to be the land of the free and the home of the brave, but now they think that means me, me and only me>

How often does she change masks or cleans the ones she wears?
She does not wear a mask. At all. Ever. Doctor's orders.

Many stores will no let you in even if you have a real medical problem so she just might be out of luck.
I've been trying to talk her into systematically going into every store she can, without a mask, recording the whole thing, and then suing the store for discrimination against medical disability. She's starting to warm up to the idea.

I've been trying to talk her into systematically going into every store she can, without a mask, recording the whole thing, and then suing the store for discrimination against medical disability. She's starting to warm up to the idea.

I hope she takes your advice and then charges you for all the wasted lawyer fees.

I know, it's a mystery why many businesses would not want a COVID spreader giving it to other customers at their establishment.

I'm not offering medical advice. I'm sharing common sense.

She's dead if she gets C19. Wearing a mask is more dangerous than C19. I'd take my chances Cocooning myself inside.

I hope she takes your advice and then charges you for all the wasted lawyer fees.
Nice try but 1. pro-bono lawyers only get paid if they win, and 2. that's not something anyone can sue for.

I know, it's a mystery why many businesses would not want a COVID spreader giving it to other customers at their establishment.
Public Accommodation law can be bitch sometimes. Anyone who can't handle it should not be in business anyway.

I'm not offering medical advice. I'm sharing common sense.

She's dead if she gets C19. Wearing a mask is more dangerous than C19. I'd take my chances Cocooning myself inside.

Common sense is following your doctor's advice, which in this case does not coincide with yours.

Nice try but 1. pro-bono lawyers only get paid if they win, and 2. that's not something anyone can sue for.

1. Good luck finding pro-bono lawyers wanting to waste their time on her case.

2. I agree - that's not something anyone will be able to sue for (and win)

Public Accommodation law can be bitch sometimes. Anyone who can't handle it should not be in business anyway.

:lamo

Maybe you should represent her.

Re: What "medical conditions actually keep one from wearing a mask?

What "medical conditions actually keep one from wearing a mask?

there's militant stupidity. that one is a big impediment.

She does not wear a mask. At all. Ever. Doctor's orders.

Unless her medical condition is obvious, if she does not present something from her doctor saying that she cannot wear a mask, she'd lose any case she tried to file. You can't just claim something and expect anyone to believe you.

Back
Top Bottom