• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What Marjorie Taylor Greene Testimony Said About Trump Imposing Martial Law

How do you know that? Do you remember off the top of your head exactly what you texted to whom on January 17th, 2021?

No, but I can look on my phone.

This board and the January 6th committee is laughable. Someone said something to some one or tweeted such and such... trying to remove the rightful president from office. Over throw a lawfully elected president.

The democrat house staged a whole coup that they called an Impeachment. It was based on lies made up in a phony dossier. Every day Adam Schiff was on the air waves screaming Trump has a Russian bank account. Trump has a Russian back channel. I have the proof. Let's get a Mueller report and really get this president. All bull crap. All an attempt to get a sitting president out of office.

Clean your own house before trying to find dirt in the house next door.

Every part of your post is false. Not jut false, but blatantly false on an elementary level.

In fact, your post displays an elementary ignorance of even the most basic facts.

The evidence that both impeachment panels has made it clear that Trump was very guilty on both counts. The only way he got to skate was because the GOP Senate leader made sure that none of the evidence was presented at trial, and ordered his members to acquit Trump, regardless of any evidence that might accidentally get through.

I know. In my previous post I said "the president or his chief of staff", that was just shorthand.
And when corrected you, you came back with "If you sent a text to the president about martial law would you forget?" (The post I was responding to here). Including another person (the president) isn't 'shorthand'.

If a member of congress " texts her contact in the administration" about martial law, and then says she doesn't remember if she did that or not, she is lying.

You know it and I know it.
She texted him about releasing more information, emphasizing the need for it with 'people were talking about extreme ideas'. It wasn't an important comment. A year and a half later, if she doesn't remember the comment clearly, "I don't recall" is the correct response under oath.

Worth pointing out.... there's NOTHING illegal about the comment, or even an indication she is advocating martial law.

Why doesn't the Republican party care about integrity anymore?
I don't think that's the case - but Democrats certainly don't.

I feel sad when even ONE member of Congress thinks, tweets, texts, etc. that the President should evoke Martial Law just because their "guy" lost.

Of course not. But if I texted the president or his chief of staff about martial law I would remember.

Heck if I texted somone I do business with about anything I would remember. And I would have a record of of it. "I don't recall" would just be a bullshit excuse.

You know and I know she remembers. And the record of the text is right there. What is with all the bullshit excuses and mental gymnastics?

What happened to integrity?
The only thing that matters in your reply is “Of course not.” Now you may have records that you could go back and review, but that’s not what witness testimony is. You are expected to answer the questions accurately based on recollection. The witness doesn’t sit there and scroll through over a year of text messages to figure it out. The correct answer is “I don’t recall.”

I feel sad when even ONE member of Congress thinks, tweets, texts, etc. that the President should evoke Martial Law just because their "guy" lost.
Did someone do that?

And before you say MTG - the text in question didn't do that. She said some people were talking about this in a private chat - and asked Meadows to encourage the president to declassify more information so it could be shared.

Last edited:
The only thing that matters in your reply is “Of course not.” Now you may have records that you could go back and review, but that’s not what witness testimony is. You are expected to answer the questions accurately based on recollection. The witness doesn’t sit there and scroll through over a year of text messages to figure it out. The correct answer is “I don’t recall.”
She remembers. She lied when she said she didn't.

Do you think we are stupid?

Did someone do that?

And before you say MTG - the text in question didn't do that. She said some people were talking about this in a private chat - and asked Meadows to encourage the president to declassify more information so it could be shared.
Right - Others were talking about it. Talking about invoking Martial Law. Why? Why does even one member even have to bring up the potential for invoking Martial Law?
I don't give a shit if it was in private or yelling at the top of Washington Monument.

1651159952459.png

Right - Others were talking about it. Talking about invoking Martial Law. Why? Why does even one member even have to bring up the potential for invoking Martial Law?
I don't give a shit if it was in private or yelling at the top of Washington Monument.

View attachment 67387916
Then you should be more precise in what you are complaining about. Even with this statement, for example. No indication that people said this 'should' be done, or was a good idea. For all we know it was people venting. It was a close and contentious election. I'm sure that Democrats had similar venting and stupid statements in private following the 2016 election.

Keep in mind that people were upset and frustrated. There were some real issues with the election, that Democrats were refusing to even acknowledge. The courts treated these as radioactive - political issues they didn't want to touch. The media jumped on board - vilifying even the suggestion of issues. It's hard enough to take a loss - but feeling like democrats had their finger on the scale only made it more frustrating.

But again - regardless of how vile this text asking for more transparency was, or what potential remedies came up in that brainstorming session, it's not an insurrection.

Where are you getting rage?

Obviously she remembers.
If you don’t remember off the top of your head exactly what you texted to whom on January 17th, 2021 then why do you think it’s “obvious” that someone else would?

If you don’t remember off the top of your head exactly what you texted to whom on January 17th, 2021 then why do you think it’s “obvious” that someone else would?
Because she was texting the president's chief of staff about martial law.

I was probably texting my wife about groceries or something.

Of course she remembers.

Because she was texting the president's chief of staff about martial law.

I was probably texting my wife about groceries or something.

Of course she remembers.

You’d have to be if that is the position you would take as a witness under oath.

You’d have to be if that is the position you would take as a witness under oath.
I would tell the truth under oath.

Not weasel out of it by pretending I couldn't remember.

This board and the January 6th committee is laughable. Someone said something to some one or tweeted such and such... trying to remove the rightful president from office. Over throw a lawfully elected president.
The democrat house staged a whole coup that they called an Impeachment. It was based on lies made up in a phony dossier. Every day Adam Schiff was on the air waves screaming Trump has a Russian bank account. Trump has a Russian back channel. I have the proof. Let's get a Mueller report and really get this president. All bull crap. All an attempt to get a sitting president out of office.
Clean your own house before trying to find dirt in the house next door.
Cultist Gotta Cult...
-peace
1651333940008.png

11 days later is not before, during, or just afterwards.
I have faith in you that you would remember most of the subject matter involving your boss if it took place during a period of time when a horrible assault took place on your place of work.

I have faith in you that you would remember most of the subject matter involving your boss if it took place during a period of time when a horrible assault took place on your place of work.
What boss?

Back
Top Bottom