• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What Marjorie Taylor Greene Testimony Said About Trump Imposing Martial Law

Unfortunately, you may be right but when that time arrives, it'll fall into the hands of a dictator. imo

I think global democracy is going to be facing some serious headwinds in the coming 5-20 years. Global climate change is going to happen faster than most countries are prepared for, and it's going to make the pandemic look like a walk in the park - and we didn't exactly handle this groundball to well.

Normal people don't have thoughts like that.
(and it wasn't tweets, quit lying)
LOL. That's what they brought up - a tweet where she said some people 'were talking about martial law'.

Apparantly, she didn’t think of it until after her first denial, after which they showed the video.
Yeah, after her first embarrassment, her sleazy lawyer told her "Just say you don't recall to everything."

“I don’t recall” is always the right answer when someone asks you under oath what you might have said over 2 years ago.
Especially when your words show you to be a criminal.

LOL. That's what they brought up - a tweet where she said some people 'were talking about martial law'.
No, it was a private text message talking about private discussions she had with members of the House of Representatives.

republicans preach about civics tests to hold office and voter id to vote and then they elect people who can't spell and who do this...

So what? A suggestion - no proof it ever was even breached to Trump.
Even if it was discussed, as I'm sure it had, with him and within DJT's inner circle, he never declared one (at the advice of smarter and concerned folks that had his ear). So, M. Flynn is basically the only outspoken public nut job on this one. IMO, MGT would have been giddy with such a declaration.

I don't recall martial law being imposed so this kinda smacks of going after some of these idiots for their thought crimes. I'm all for holding people accountable but it's starting to seem more like grasping at straws than any real substance.
It's more than thought crimes. There was talk about it after the last election, especially around and after 1/6/21 before our next president was sworn into office. Until additional texts from butt lickers like Meadows is looked over, we'll probably never know.

Again - a suggestion someone made that no one took seriously.

You are mixing issues horribly.
The intent to overthrow the next president was still there.

I think global democracy is going to be facing some serious headwinds in the coming 5-20 years. Global climate change is going to happen faster than most countries are prepared for, and it's going to make the pandemic look like a walk in the park - and we didn't exactly handle this groundball to well.
I be almost willing to bet that it'll begin to go to hell within 3-4 years if the T-GOP gets its way. Other than that, you're spot on.

It's more than thought crimes. There was talk about it after the last election, especially around and after 1/6/21 before our next president was sworn into office. Until additional texts from butt lickers like Meadows is looked over, we'll probably never know.
Going after people for what they were thinking and not what they actually did is the very definition of a thought crime.

Yeah, after her first embarrassment, her sleazy lawyer told her "Just say you don't recall to everything."
Gaetz was somewhere close-by too, so there's that.

Going after people for what they were thinking and not what they actually did is the very definition of a thought crime.
That's what the Trump Party dipsh*ts are banking on. Digging deeper for the evidence is what I support, and I believe that it's there - it just may never be dug up.

Great point.

Yesterday I asked the following and received not a single response....

How could MTG be in conflict with the section 3 of the 14th amendment when not a single person, who was actually there has been charged, much less convicted of such an offense?

Section 3.​

No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any state, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any state legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any state, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

Even if it was discussed, as I'm sure it had, with him and within DJT's inner circle, he never declared one (at the advice of smarter and concerned folks that had his ear). So, M. Flynn is basically the only outspoken public nut job on this one. IMO, MGT would have been giddy with such a declaration.
I have no idea what your point is other than LW slobber slinging.

A Representative giving a President a green light on political martial law to "save the Republic" is them doing something. It's an action. She took action and gave reason for her action.

You understand that's not something she thought about. It's something she did.

You understand that now, right?

Just wanna be real clear here about what is thought and what is action.

When the shit hit the fan. When people invaded the Capitol with murderous and traitorous intent, she proposed political martial law to overturn election results and install a regime.

She did that.

She didn't merely think about. She sent a green light to the President with the justification of "saving the Republic".

That's something she did.

Not that it is relevant.

The idea that Trump would declare marshal law after his coup plot succeeded was all over right wing media in the days before the insurrection. It was discussed as it became increasingly obvious that the trump regime was plotting with its congressional allies to interfere with the certification of the election in order to install the loser.

Right wingers on this forum brought it up.

And since it is now obvious that much of the GOP Congress knew about the plot, keeping the marshal law piece secret was impossible.

“I don’t recall” is always the right answer when someone asks you under oath what you might have said over 2 years ago.
Actually, the truth is always the right answer when someone asks you under oath what you might have said regardless if it was 2 years ago or 2 minutes ago.

If she does recall, and she said "I don't recall", that is lying under oath. She will have to look in the mirror every day.

Back
Top Bottom