• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What Marjorie Taylor Greene Testimony Said About Trump Imposing Martial Law

It was the correct spelling if she was referring to the post-World War II Marshall Plan. Will we ever know if she is too stupid to spell or too stupid to know the Marshall Plan from martial law?
Apparently too stupid to know the difference between a brutal secret police and a chilled Spanish soup.

I disagree, 1/6 was a handful of partisan zealots that I wouldn’t necessarily attribute to the entire party — the proof is the collective response from virtually all Republicans since that date.
It's the T-GOP that I refer to often in this manner.

They have moved from we need voter ID to we should be able to invalidate elections we were unable to manipulate to get the results we want.

Between the fascism on the right and the ineptitude on the left this nation is in for a rocky ride.
Yup. Democracy remains under assault and after the next 2 elections, there may not be a return during our lifetimes.

MTG will then be free to recall - to her delight.

They're not done, either. Next time, they'll succeed. They might not need to rush into the Capitol to do it either; it might be that liberal democracy ends as a result of a coordinated administrative and judicial coup.
Unfortunately, you may be right but when that time arrives, it'll fall into the hands of a dictator. imo

It was the correct spelling if she was referring to the post-World War II Marshall Plan. Will we ever know if she is too stupid to spell or too stupid to know the Marshall Plan from martial law?
Once that problem gets solved will scientists have the possibility to examine in its entirety her squirrel cage.

I don't know.. but I do know she is incredibly stupid, lies more than she tells the truth, and I would laugh like crazy if this nutso lawsuit actually succeeded.
Isn't there also an intentional criminal (and stupid) mind at work when to comes to MGT? I know - silly question about the obvious.

It's scary the lengths conservatives will go to to keep power
When you say 'the lengths conservatives will go to to keep power' - This thread is about some undefined person(s) brought up the possibility of martial law, and no one seriously considered it. What are you referring to as the 'scary lengths'?

How could MTG be in conflict with the section 3 of the 14th amendment when not a single person, who was actually there has been charged, much less convicted of such an offense?

Section 3.​

No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any state, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any state legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any state, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

“I don’t recall” is always the right answer when someone asks you under oath what you might have said over 2 years ago.

Apparantly, she didn’t think of it until after her first denial, after which they showed the video.

When you say 'the lengths conservatives will go to to keep power' - This thread is about some undefined person(s) brought up the possibility of martial law, and no one seriously considered it. What are you referring to as the 'scary lengths'?
Kindly provide a cite for the bolded statement. I don't believe you can, in which case you can not say that.

Don't diminish the severity of this by deciding its absurd. It is absurd, but there were many conventions disregarded by the Trump administration. Trump's presidency was a failure of imagination. Don't let your limited imagination dismiss something that could well have happened.

Meanwhile, it was discussed.... along with many other outrageous things...

Last edited:
"Marshall" law. Of course.

This thread is about some undefined person(s) brought up the possibility of martial law, and no one seriously considered it.
MGT's mentioning of this to Mark Meadows brings in unidentified people who discussed martial law in Dec, 2020 but the known names already known to the public are Sidney Powell and Michael Flynn who also wanted to seize voting machines - pushed back by Meadows and Cipollone.

Last edited:
Kindly provide a cite for the bolded statement. I don't believe you can, in which case you can not say that.

Don't diminish the severity of this by deciding its absurd. It is absurd, but there were many conventions disregarded by the Trump administration. Trump's presidency was a failure of imagination. Don't let your limited imagination dismiss something that could well have happened.

Meanwhile, it was discussed.... along with many other outrageous things...

Not only that, but trump die hards on this forum openly discussed marshal law.

Her selective memory isn't going to give up names - no surprise there. It's really too bad that she wouldn't be subjected to hypnosis to learn all sorts of stuff related to 1/6/21 and DJT's Big Ass Lie. Only problem is with opening her mind up to seek the truth that would also allow all sorts of bats and critters to wiggle out of her squirrel cage head. But, it would be well worth the risks.

View attachment 67387464
Text messages sent and received by former President Donald Trump's ex-chief of staff showed that Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene mentioned that some GOP lawmakers suggested Trump should impose martial law as a way to "save our Republic."

But when the Georgia lawmaker was asked during testimony this past Friday whether she ever pushed for Trump to impose martial law, she responded, "I don't recall."

"In our private chat with only Members, several are saying the only way to save our Republic is for Trump to call for Marshall (sic) law. I don't know on (sic) those things. I just wanted you to tell him. They stole this election. We all know. They will destroy our country next. Please tell him to declassify as much as possible so we can go after Biden and anyone else!" Greene's text read.
So what? A suggestion - no proof it ever was even breached to Trump.

MGT's mentioning of this to Mark Meadows brings in unidentified people who discussed martial law in Dec, 2020
Again - a suggestion someone made that no one took seriously.

but the known names already known to the public are Sidney Powell and Michael Flynn who also wanted to seize voting machines - pushed back by Meadows and Cipollone.

You are mixing issues horribly.

Again - a suggestion someone made that no one took seriously.

You are mixing issues horribly.
Lindell is still in the inner sanctum…….

Apparently too stupid to know the difference between a brutal secret police and a chilled Spanish soup.
SHH...clearly you are unaware that the Gazpacho monitor the internet.

She considered it seriously enough to talk about it.

Only if you can prove it is a lie.
No. A lie exists when the liar tells it. Just like one commits a crime when he actually commits it. Whether one has legal accountability for a lie or a crime is a separate matter.

People use the "I don't recall" lie because its hard to prove that they do recall. It makes it no less a lie, however.

If the woman legitimately can not recall the circumstances or conversations that were presented to her just one year after she said them, then she lacks the mental capacity to hold the office she does. She was dealing with pretty serious issues. She either lacks the comprehension necessary to speak on such issues, lacks the moral clarity to understand right and wrong and/or has serious memory issues. Each of these should solely disqualify her from serving in Congress.

Her selective memory isn't going to give up names - no surprise there. It's really too bad that she wouldn't be subjected to hypnosis to learn all sorts of stuff related to 1/6/21 and DJT's Big Ass Lie. Only problem is with opening her mind up to seek the truth that would also allow all sorts of bats and critters to wiggle out of her squirrel cage head. But, it would be well worth the risks.

View attachment 67387464
Text messages sent and received by former President Donald Trump's ex-chief of staff showed that Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene mentioned that some GOP lawmakers suggested Trump should impose martial law as a way to "save our Republic."

But when the Georgia lawmaker was asked during testimony this past Friday whether she ever pushed for Trump to impose martial law, she responded, "I don't recall."

"In our private chat with only Members, several are saying the only way to save our Republic is for Trump to call for Marshall (sic) law. I don't know on (sic) those things. I just wanted you to tell him. They stole this election. We all know. They will destroy our country next. Please tell him to declassify as much as possible so we can go after Biden and anyone else!" Greene's text read.
I don't recall martial law being imposed so this kinda smacks of going after some of these idiots for their thought crimes. I'm all for holding people accountable but it's starting to seem more like grasping at straws than any real substance.

I think you mean 'she mentioned it in a tweet'.
Normal people don't have thoughts like that.
(and it wasn't tweets, quit lying)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom