• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What Many Democrats Don’t Understand About Bernie Sanders Supporters

Risky Thicket

Sewer Rat
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
What a passionate and thought provoking post from someone named Melisa Cosby. Honestly, I do not believe that the Democratic Party gets it. As Robert Reich said recently it is no longer about left and right but rather about establishment and anti-establishment. He also said that Hillary doesn't understand that. This lady's post is an illustration of that.

Yes, we are passionate. For the first time in our lives, we have someone who wants to work for regular people and yes, we are angry because it’s becoming clear that our hard work doesn’t matter. Bernie’s proposals would make an enormous difference in the daily lives of people like us. Yet the Democratic establishment fears change so much that they would rather risk a Trump presidency by running a deeply flawed and widely disliked candidate than support an honest man who has spent his career making life better for working people. And when you try to bully or shame us into ‘falling in line”, what we hear is your comfort with the status quo, our concerns being swept aside, and our voices being silenced.

Please hear this: I’m furious right now. I’m furious that my hard work to leave my kids a brighter future is being mocked and belittled everywhere I turn. I’m furious that Obama protected Clinton from the FBI and then came out in full support of the woman who he himself declared would “say anything and do nothing.” I’m furious that the mainstream media told lies about us and that good people, people I cared about and respected, fell for their bull****. I’m furious at Elizabeth Warren who built a career on getting big money of politics and then, when it was safe, went all in for for the Wall Street candidate. I’m furious that the mainstream media flat out lied in order to suppress the vote. I’m furious at the lies the Clinton campaign told about Sanders and the chaos and distrust they caused when infiltrating our networks. I’m furious that the media created the Trump monster. I’m furious that hundreds of thousands of folks in Arizona and New York were denied their right to vote. I’m furious that polling stations were closed at the last minute and lines are so long that elderly Puerto Ricans fainted in the hot sun. I’m furious that hundreds of thousands of provisional ballots were trashed and that Clinton declared victory before half the votes in California were even counted.

[Bold above is mine; RT]

Source

What a passionate and thought provoking post from someone named Melisa Cosby. Honestly, I do not believe that the Democratic Party gets it. As Robert Reich said recently it is no longer about left and right but rather about establishment and anti-establishment. He also said that Hillary doesn't understand that. This lady's post is an illustration of that.

[Bold above is mine; RT]

Source

While a good picture of what the problem is, I'm not sure if I think he's honest anymore.

[Bold above is mine; RT]

Source

Well written and passionate. And so spot on.

I’m furious at Elizabeth Warren who built a career on getting big money of politics and then, when it was safe, went all in for the Wall Street candidate.

It's nice to see someone else say that. I've been saying that for months and months on here, but nobody else seemed to care.

I also agree with Reich's assessment. And I feel this lady's pain. I'm furious that my brethren on the right risked a Clinton presidency by supporting a deeply flawed and widely disliked candidate. This is just a terrible election, and the pain of the Bernie supporters and those of us who didn't and still haven't fallen for Trump's bull**** will be studied in the history books long after we're dead. They will rival Jack the Ripper for some of the greatest mysteries.

Well written and passionate. And so spot on.

I’m furious at Elizabeth Warren who built a career on getting big money of politics and then, when it was safe, went all in for the Wall Street candidate.

It's nice to see someone else say that. I've been saying that for months and months on here, but nobody else seemed to care.

I also agree with Reich's assessment. And I feel this lady's pain. I'm furious that my brethren on the right risked a Clinton presidency by supporting a deeply flawed and widely disliked candidate. This is just a terrible election, and the pain of the Bernie supporters and those of us who didn't and still haven't fallen for Trump's bull**** will be studied in the history books long after we're dead. They will rival Jack the Ripper for some of the greatest mysteries.

Upside, potential third party candidates, so we get more choice. :)

[Bold above is mine; RT]

Source

That is as much BS as "Yes We Can!" was. It might be quite correct that discontent has set in. And it is certainly quite true that the candidate the Democrats has chosen is an absolute disgrace. But both Trump and BS are manifestations of the hysteria and both are cheap populism in their approach. Neither has redeeming features.

That is as much BS as "Yes We Can!" was. It might be quite correct that discontent has set in. And it is certainly quite true that the candidate the Democrats has chosen is an absolute disgrace. But both Trump and BS are manifestations of the hysteria and both are cheap populism in their approach. Neither has redeeming features.

So you don't get it either?

While a good picture of what the problem is, I'm not sure if I think he's honest anymore.

When was he ever? Never that I can think of. I used to yell at the radio during his NPR commentary bits, and that was 20 years ago. He's one of the smarmiest people on the scene. Always has been.

This was the guy who pushed HARD for the Democrats to use reconciliation to do an end-run around the Republicans to get Obamacare passed, then four years later was making his little snarky "I think you're stupid, so I'm going to talk to you like you're four" videos "warning" about this evil, terrible thing called "reconciliation" that the Republicans might use to repeal Obamacare.

When was he ever? Never that I can think of. I used to yell at the radio during his NPR commentary bits, and that was 20 years ago. He's one of the smarmiest people on the scene. Always has been.

This was the guy who pushed HARD for the Democrats to use reconciliation to do an end-run around the Republican House to get Obamacare passed, then four years later was making his little snarky "I think you're stupid, so I'm going to talk to you like you're four" videos "warning" about this evil, terrible thing called "reconciliation" that the Republicans might use to repeal Obamacare.

I never really followed him before, so I don't know anything about him before this.

I was referring to Bernie.
I'm not sure if he was really honest.

Oh, sorry.

I don't know about Bernie. I believe he was sincere from day one. He does want to see power returned to the people. He means and believes what he has said about equality for all people.

My guess is that Bernie knew the Clinton machine was going to be dishonest and underhanded. He certainly knew that Clinton and the DNC rigged the system so that Hillary would win. It is my opinion that Bernie never imagined it that the dishonesty and the election rigging could possibly be as bad as it was. He very may well have won if the nomination process had not been rigged.

Near the end Bernie knew that he didn't stand a chance. In my world he would have told the DNC to kiss his ass and he would have jumped ship. Would he have won? I doubt it. Not near the end of the campaign. In retrospect I suspect Sanders would have beat Hillary if he had left the party as soon as he knew that the Democratic Party colluded with Hillary to rig the process against him. But, that's all whiskey under bridge now.

I don't believe Bernie feels that he can lay it all out for the world to see. Look how nasty some partisans have been even as Bernie, ever the gentleman, bowed out respectfully.

Oh, sorry.

I don't know about Bernie. I believe he was sincere from day one. He does want to see power returned to the people. He means and believes what he has said about equality for all people.

My guess is that Bernie knew the Clinton machine was going to be dishonest and underhanded. He certainly knew that Clinton and the DNC rigged the system so that Hillary would win. It is my opinion that Bernie never imagined it that the dishonesty and the election rigging could possibly be as bad as it was. He very may well have won if the nomination process had not been rigged.

Near the end Bernie knew that he didn't stand a chance. In my world he would have told the DNC to kiss his ass and he would have jumped ship. Would he have won? I doubt it. Not near the end of the campaign. In retrospect I suspect Sanders would have beat Hillary if he had left the party as soon as he knew that the Democratic Party colluded with Hillary to rig the process against him. But, that's all whiskey under bridge now.

I don't believe Bernie feels that he can lay it all out for the world to see. Look how nasty some partisans have been even as Bernie, ever the gentleman, bowed out respectfully.

It's hard for me to be respectful to him.
For me personally, it would be a shameful to let that kind of disrespect linger in my face.

Robert Reich is wrong--Hillary does very much understand it. She just doesn't give a damn. She is allied with special interests, NOT the working man or woman.

Back
Top Bottom