• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What Makes You Happy ?

Right now I’m happy to see blue sky.

Saturday more rain, Sunday is showers, and Monday back to a day of rain.

Coming off an extended drought, we still need all the rain we can get, but it’s been so long since a normal rainy season that I’ve forgotten the extra planning required — we still don’t know how to drive in the rain.

What makes me happy.....

1) Wife and I watching our favorite shows together...
2) My annual pilgrimage to a certain music festival...
3) Cooking a meal for those I love....
4) Helping my grown kids with projects around their house.....putzing as we call it...
5) Reading a book that holds my interest....
6) My neighbor calling me to go grab a cold one at the local tavern...
7) My pets seeking me out for attention...
8) Listening to the music I grew up with.....finding new music I like at the festival in 2 above...
9) My wife sharing with me her successes in her hobbies....
10) Scuba diving with friends both old and new...
11) Glamping somewhere new....
12) Seeing progress in my diet....
13) Seeing the flora and fauna around my house respond as spring approaches....
14) My brother having success in his career after a bit of a hard patch...
15) Learning something new about the world I live in.....(sometimes)
16) Having a neighbor who moved stop by and say hello, thanking me for being kind to his kids....

I am blessed........

My wife, who is my best friend. We dated back in the late '80s, broke up and reconnected in 2013. We moved in together in 2014 and got married in 2019. She's my best friend and the love of my life. I couldn't imagine life without her.
FB_IMG_1669960866850.jpg

My therapy dog Peanut. My wife rescued her as a puppy. The VA told me they could give me a therapy dog, but I asked them if they could train Peanut. She's a Dogo Argentino so I got some push back, but eventually they agreed. I can't take her overseas, since Dogos are banned in many countries, but she's the best dog I ever had and she helped save my life in a fight with my daughter's ex.

20221201_232909.jpg
Finally, watching my son and daughter excel in life. I helped my son join the Army as an x-ray tech and now he's doing that as a civilian, making over $35 an hour. He and his wife just bought there first house. I transfered my post 9/11 GI Bill to my daughter and she used it to get her Masters Degree in Applied Mathematics and just started teaching at UTSA. She plans to eventually get her Doctorate.

Getting chocolate and $47 cash from one sister on my 46th birthday!

OK, I don't like the fact she forgot how old I am, but an extra dollar never hurts.

Back
Top Bottom