• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What makes you happy, what makes you joyful?

opendebate

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Simple question, be specific. For me-

Happy- standing outside on a beautiful clear day, feeling a nice breeze, listening to the quiet
Joyful - Seeing evidence of the fact that I am loved (usually reflected in the eyes of my man, family or friends)

What about you?

Happy- standing outside on a beautiful clear day, feeling a nice breeze, listening to the quiet
Joyful - Seeing evidence of the fact that I am loved (usually reflected in the eyes of my man, family or friends)

What about you?

My children.. my brothers.. grandchildren....

Sincere affection, being appreciated, autumn weather, accomplishing goals

happy?... my wife, my kids, my scooters

joyful?... same things, but add in copious amounts of whiskey and/or herb for .. flavor.

happy?... my wife, my kids, my scooters

joyful?... same things, but add in copious amounts of whiskey and/or herb for .. flavor.

I love a good whiskey. What is your fav?

Eh, they're kind of one in the same for me...

1. Opening the door after a long day and seeing my puppies with happy faces and wagging tails.
2. The look on my fiance's face when he's thought of something clever (or something absolutely ridiculous that he thinks is clever).
3. Being reminded of just how amazing my friends and family are.
4. The memories I will always cherish of my dad's 50th surprise party and all of the love and joy that was shared that day.

music, exercise, and being around people who understand me and don't judge me for my nervous apprehension about things. a good gig / date also puts me on cloud nine for a while.

I am just happy, and it's not dependent on things, people or circumstances. My husband used to ask me the same thing, and he had difficulty understanding, or accepting, that happy is just something that I am, and is not dependent on external factors.

I like it when my girls come up and kiss me, out of the blue, for no reason. That makes me both happy, and joyful. Same with Hubs.
I am happy and joyful when I look outside and see a sky full of dark clouds with a little lightning thrown in. I am a rainy day kind of girl, so sunshiny days make me sad.
I am happy when I look in the fridge and see that my daughter hasn't swiped my last Diet Coke.

3MEOWSLANDING5.jpg

and

imgres.jpeg

and

hookers.jpg

and

imgres-1.jpeg

...are my favorites.

Johnny Walker Blue for a blended Scotch.

Makers Mark for a bourbon

Bunnahabhain 18 year old for a singe malt.

blended scotch is my day to day libation...

I've never tried Makers Mark. (I'll have to) I usually have Gentlemen Jack. (such a girl)

Happy - When my wife is happy, my family, everyday where the high temp is between 55 and 70, rainy day, good music, a great book. My dogs make me smile all the time.
Joy - Anytime I think about all the reasons I have to be thankful

I like it when my girls come up and kiss me, out of the blue, for no reason. That makes me both happy, and joyful. Same with Hubs.
I am happy and joyful when I look outside and see a sky full of dark clouds with a little lightning thrown in. I am a rainy day kind of girl, so sunshiny days make me sad.
I am happy when I look in the fridge and see that my daughter hasn't swiped my last Diet Coke.

Awwww...simple pleasures.

What about you?

Fishing....

Bewbage.

There is nothing else.

Being with my grandchildren answers both questions.

Being surrounded by those who love me and who are so easy to love back.
Having opportunities to give because it brings me great joy.
I get smiles from sunrises, sunsets, playing in the dirt, flowers, birds, Fall leaves, first snowfall ...

And today this brought me a chuckle

Four year old recites Bible books and covers George Strait - YouTube

So many things make me happy, its hard to think of them all

I think one of my favorite things is striking up conversations with strangers. I have met some really interesting people that way and heard some amazing stories. (People just love talking about themselves, heh)

My kids make me very happy of course.

I love being around people who take paths less traveled.

I guess for me, happy and joyful are the same things. I love it when life is interesting and am miserable when life is boring and unstimulating.

Lots of things, I'm not hard to please.

Hugs. Well-behaved little children. Petting a cat. Playing with a dog. Spending time with my son doing most anything. Family. Good food. Being loved.

Laying on the couch after a bruisingly hard day at work.

I'm easy.

Back
Top Bottom