• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What Liz Cheney has figured out about Donald Trump and 2024

I appreciate you honesty in support of Trump. However, I can defeat you in any point on Trump if you wish to debate. He is the worst president in U.S. History by nearly any standard. I am an expert on all 45 presidents. I challenge you to give me one item about Trump that would justify you voting for him. If I cannot refute it rationally, I will concede and give you credit and the win. Back to you.

You want me to tell you why I voted for him so that you can refute it? Couldn't I ask you the same thing and then just give my subjective opinion as to why you are wrong like you want to do to me? I'm not an expert on any US president but last time I checked I don't have to win a debate with an expert as to why I personally want to vote for someone do I? I'll tell you one reason I voted for him was because he isn't for open borders. I also voted for him because he didn't want to raise my taxes to make me help pay for other people's college and medical procedures. I also voted for him because he didn't call for a ban on "assault weapons" which really just means semi-automatic guns. I have other reasons too but I doubt you are going to be able to refute why I voted for someone.

What's crazy and destructive - the virus relief? Infrastructure? Voting rights? Protecting the climate? All the Republicans got done was putting the country trillions more in debt with tax cuts for the rich, so you love that.

Virus relief was unnecessary if not for the unconstitutional forced lockdowns and mandates masquerading as legitimate law. Lockdowns dont work and forcing businesses to close which was permanent for a lot of them and forcing people out of their livelihoods was a problem that didn't need to happen. If the government wouldnt have forced these shutdowns the relief wouldn't have been needed.

Infrastructure is taken care of by states

Everybody already has the right to vote

The US is one of the most environmentally friendly countries on the planet

Tax cuts dont contribute to debt, over spending with money you dont have does. If the government would stop spending as if they had unlimited money then when tax cuts happen and less dollars are being taken forcefully from working americans and then given to the government then its the governments job to reduce spending. Americans are better served by having less of their earned money taxed and staying in their pockets and bank accounts than with the government getting more of it. If you want to reduce debt then reduce spending and operate on a budget. You know, like normal people have to do every single day.

no-----science says COVID was much deadlier. Stick with science and you will go far.
It is leftist freaks in the media who are intentionally spreading deliberate lies and fear mongering who are doing all the talking. Science says there is a 99.95% survival rate, but the leftist filth want you to believe that if you contract COVID-19 you will die. Which is why they broadcast how many people have contracted the virus, how many have died from the virus, and never say a word about the millions who have recovered. They want you to believe that recovery is not possible, that if you catch COVID-19 you are as good as dead.

It is classic leftist fear mongering and media manipulation. They pull this ridiculous tactic all the time. The really pathetic part is that many American continue to believe the leftist lie.

It is leftist freaks in the media who are intentionally spreading deliberate lies and fear mongering who are doing all the talking. Science says there is a 99.95% survival rate, but the leftist filth want you to believe that if you contract COVID-19 you will die. Which is why they broadcast how many people have contracted the virus, how many have died from the virus, and never say a word about the millions who have recovered. They want you to believe that recovery is not possible, that if you catch COVID-19 you are as good as dead.

It is classic leftist fear mongering and media manipulation. They pull this ridiculous tactic all the time. The really pathetic part is that many American continue to believe the leftist lie.
The most disgusting and irresponsible "fear mongering" and "media manipulation" perpetrated upon the American People was when Trump ( a rightest RINO) lied about the seriousness of how prevalent and dangerous COVID was in FEB/2019, which resulted in untold numbers of Americans dying; simply because he put his 'personal' desire to be re-elected as POTUS over the greater good, under the guise he was "afraid Americans would panic", had he been truthful about how deadly COVID was/is. MAJOR FAIL on your part in the unhinged rant above. Trump "intentionally" lied to Americans about COVID. ( indisputable fact)

Virus relief was unnecessary if not for the unconstitutional forced lockdowns and mandates masquerading as legitimate law. Lockdowns dont work and forcing businesses to close which was permanent for a lot of them and forcing people out of their livelihoods was a problem that didn't need to happen. If the government wouldnt have forced these shutdowns the relief wouldn't have been needed.

Infrastructure is taken care of by states

Everybody already has the right to vote

The US is one of the most environmentally friendly countries on the planet

Tax cuts dont contribute to debt, over spending with money you dont have does. If the government would stop spending as if they had unlimited money then when tax cuts happen and less dollars are being taken forcefully from working americans and then given to the government then its the governments job to reduce spending. Americans are better served by having less of their earned money taxed and staying in their pockets and bank accounts than with the government getting more of it. If you want to reduce debt then reduce spending and operate on a budget. You know, like normal people have to do every single day.

While I don't want to add any insult to the extreme insult the post already does to the poster, this post shows the extreme level of being misinformed that raises question about the viability of democracy, if the citizens are this deluded. This poster is a bigger enemy of democracy than China or Russia for that reason, making democracy look bad.

It's not hard to see someone saying, 'if China went to democracy and the result was a crazed public manipulated by interests demanding harmful policies, that maybe China is right to not have it.' If the US ever got to the point our 1/3 of Americans like this became a majority, I'd have to question whether we could afford democracy..

The level of being misinformed is breathtaking. The poster happily saying the medical experts don't know what they're talking about and lockdowns only hurt people, falsely claiming infrastructure is entirely done by states (despite the evidence staring them in the face how the states are not doing so as our infrastructure is in terrible shape), total ignorance on the issue of voting rights, total ignorance on the issue of the climate.

And then the absurd argument that having passed trillions in tax cuts for the rich - again - with every dollar of those tax cuts being added to our debt didn't increase our debt, which is now over $28 trillion.

And arguably worst of all, the complete obliviousness to the issue of plutocracy, which they demand by cutting government spending on the people while giving unlimited tax cuts to the rich. Tossing in the old myth about the government and household budgets being the same. That's the story here, how dangerously misinformed some voters have been made.

Last edited:
You want me to tell you why I voted for him so that you can refute it? Couldn't I ask you the same thing and then just give my subjective opinion as to why you are wrong like you want to do to me? I'm not an expert on any US president but last time I checked I don't have to win a debate with an expert as to why I personally want to vote for someone do I? I'll tell you one reason I voted for him was because he isn't for open borders. I also voted for him because he didn't want to raise my taxes to make me help pay for other people's college and medical procedures. I also voted for him because he didn't call for a ban on "assault weapons" which really just means semi-automatic guns. I have other reasons too but I doubt you are going to be able to refute why I voted for someone.
no one is for open borders------win for me......
He raised everyone's taxes through the 2017 Bill which took away deductions for average people, and higher income taxes for the average person starting 2022..........win for me there.....
No---a ban on assault weapons is specific to certain weapons only.........

Once you get away from conspiracy theories, then we can debate.....

I give Trump credit for winning in 2016 (and blame voters for being so irresponsible, etc).............what else can one give him credit for??

Not getting us into another useless war in some foreign hellhole. That pissed the CIA and the military industrial complex off.

Not getting us into another useless war in some foreign hellhole. That pissed the CIA and the military industrial complex off.
Why would Trump get in a war when he was kissing up to our enemies??? The only war he fought and almost won was his war on Democracy......

Why would Trump get in a war when he was kissing up to our enemies??? The only war he fought and almost won was his war on Democracy......

He avoided wars in Syria and Venezuela. We also didn’t see a war with Iran or North Korea.

He avoided wars in Syria and Venezuela. We also didn’t see a war with Iran or North Korea.

Yeah----as I said, our enemies loved him......

Yeah----as I said, our enemies loved him......

Syria was Hillary’s war. The economic pressures on Iran would have eventually resulted in its government being overthrown. Trump is a lot smarter than most liberals believe. Trump was unique because he thought outside the box. All the Harvard and Yale educated bureaucrats and politicians were frustrated that Trump didn’t consider them all that valuable or important and largely ignored them.

Now we have returned to the same old same old failed policies we have followed for the last 50 years which never accomplish much and our President is an old fool in the early stages of dementia.

I didn't mind Trump's 'outside the box' thinking. It was his 'outside the constitution' solutions I was concerned with.

Syria was Hillary’s war. The economic pressures on Iran would have eventually resulted in its government being overthrown. Trump is a lot smarter than most liberals believe. Trump was unique because he thought outside the box. All the Harvard and Yale educated bureaucrats and politicians were frustrated that Trump didn’t consider them all that valuable or important and largely ignored them.

Now we have returned to the same old same old failed policies we have followed for the last 50 years which never accomplish much and our President is an old fool in the early stages of dementia.

Don't know what planet you live on but Things were pretty horrible when Trump left office. The last 50 years have been pretty good for me and my friends/family............

Trump on assault weapons
\
I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun. With today’s Internet technology we should be able to tell within 72-hours if a potential gun owner has a record.
Trump has no problems raising your taxes he just wants a break to the rich and he is all; for illegal immigration who do you think he employs at his golf courses?

You have been conned by him, you only option is to make sure anyone endorsed by the traitor Trump loses their primaries and people begin to realize an endorsement from the greatest loser in US history is a death knell

MAGA vote against everything Trump!

Don't know what planet you live on but Things were pretty horrible when Trump left office. The last 50 years have been pretty good for me and my friends/family............

Things were great for me during the Trump years. We finally had a Republican President with the guts to stand up to democrats like Nancy Pelosi. Of course the COVID-19 pandemic hit but Trump managed to do what most experts considered impossible and speed up the development of a vaccine (actually three vaccines).

What I see so far from Joe Biden is failure and broken campaign promises. Our Mexican border is definitely in crisis mode and neither Joe or Kamala have visited it, Trump was making great progress on the border and Joe just threw it all away to appease batshit crazy liberals. Also we have a skyrocketing crime rate because democrats are cutting funding for police and failing to support them. Cops are retiring or quitting at a staggering rate and it is extremely hard to find people willing to be a cop to replace them. To top everything off the democrats are trying to start a race war in our nation.

I would love to see Trump or some other republican who puts our nation first and is willing to fight to protect our Constitution and our Bill of Rights win in 2024.

Things were great for me during the Trump years. We finally had a Republican President with the guts to stand up to democrats like Nancy Pelosi. Of course the COVID-19 pandemic hit but Trump managed to do what most experts considered impossible and speed up the development of a vaccine (actually three vaccines).

What I see so far from Joe Biden is failure and broken campaign promises. Our Mexican border is definitely in crisis mode and neither Joe or Kamala have visited it, Trump was making great progress on the border and Joe just threw it all away to appease batshit crazy liberals. Also we have a skyrocketing crime rate because democrats are cutting funding for police and failing to support them. Cops are retiring or quitting at a staggering rate and it is extremely hard to find people willing to be a cop to replace them. To top everything off the democrats are trying to start a race war in our nation.

I would love to see Trump or some other republican who puts our nation first and is willing to fight to protect our Constitution and our Bill of Rights win in 2024
Lol

Yup Trump has guts, and a rear end the size of Rhode Island

1. Trump is correct. The only way Cheney can win in 2022 is by way of a vote splitting tactic. That tactic has been used before by the GOP Elites, most recently in the 2016 Republican primary. (it didn't work, though) I probably won't work in 2022 for Cheney, either.

2. Those who find it "very hard to imagine how Trump doesn't remain deeply damaged goods" find that hard to imagine because they believe their own BS. Unfortunately for them, a LOT of American don't believe their BS...including Democrats and Independents.

3. As far as why Cheney is shooting her mouth off about Trump, it doesn't matter...except to the Trump hating media because it gives them something to spout of about that's anti-Trump...like that article. They are desperately trying to manipulate people with their propaganda.

4. The fact is, if Trump decides to run in 2024, he will be President again. If he doesn't decide to run, then whomever he endorses will be President.
he might have a hard time running from prison once all the investigations are wrapped up. Ooops!!!! WE already know about his taxes problem, stay tuned!!! I expect bank fraud, tax fraud, insurance fraud and maybe even some money laundering thrown in for good measure.

Lol

Yup Trump has guts, and a rear end the size of Rhode Island

Well Joe Biden can’t even manage to walk up the straits to Air Force ONe.

I would love to see Trump or some other republican who puts our nation first and is willing to fight to protect our Constitution and our Bill of Rights win in 2024.
He didn't speed up anything that any person off the street wouldn't have done------I mean, what was he going to do, "Operation SLOW SpEED" ???? The border crisis was given to Biden----thank you Donald. Trump tried to destroy our nation----or weren't you born before January 6th ??

He didn't speed up anything that any person off the street wouldn't have done------I mean, what was he going to do, "Operation SLOW SpEED" ???? The border crisis was given to Biden----thank you Donald. Trump tried to destroy our nation----or weren't you born before January 6th ??

The government bureaucracy has a set slow pace. It takes a lot of effort to speed that pace up. Most vaccines take up to ten years to develop.

Plus at least one democrat was honest enough to give the Trump administration credit for Operation Warp Speed.

Question — did your wonderful Obama and Joe Biden push through a vaccine for the 2009 HINI pandemic? They were just fortunate that pandemic was as not deadly as the COVID-19 pandemic.

Back
Top Bottom