• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What Liz Cheney has figured out about Donald Trump and 2024

I suppose when your football team loses you look for reason to claim it really didn’t lose. For example, “My team gained more yards than the other team.”

The efforts to impeach Trump failed in the Senate as they were worthless to begin with.

You don't know what the word impeachment means. Impeachment is done entirely by the House. An impeached president is then tried in the Senate. That trial is not "impeachment".

There's no such thing as impeachment in the Senate. And you also don't have a clue about the merits of the impeachment. I suppose when your football team blatantly cheats, you want to say it's a win.

1. Trump is correct. The only way Cheney can win in 2022 is by way of a vote splitting tactic. That tactic has been used before by the GOP Elites, most recently in the 2016 Republican primary. (it didn't work, though) I probably won't work in 2022 for Cheney, either.

2. Those who find it "very hard to imagine how Trump doesn't remain deeply damaged goods" find that hard to imagine because they believe their own BS. Unfortunately for them, a LOT of American don't believe their BS...including Democrats and Independents.

3. As far as why Cheney is shooting her mouth off about Trump, it doesn't matter...except to the Trump hating media because it gives them something to spout of about that's anti-Trump...like that article. They are desperately trying to manipulate people with their propaganda.

4. The fact is, if Trump decides to run in 2024, he will be President again. If he doesn't decide to run, then whomever he endorses will be President.
Trump already lost to Biden once, why would he want to lose to him a second time?

I liked Trump and I voted for Trump in the election (I voted for Ted Cruz in the primary) but I think it would be a mistake for him to run again in 2024. It would be better to elect a young and strong conservative that could potentially serve for eight years that can also take some of the best ideas that Trump had but also bring in some fresh ideas, a more disciplined approach, and other conservative and libertarian priorities to the office. I'd vote for Trump is he ends up being the nominee again against Biden or probably Harris, but i'd personally rather it be someone else in 2024. I think right now republicans should be all about retaking congress so that this crazy and destructive Biden agenda can be slowed down or stopped.

Hawley and Cruz are traitors and hopefully there aren't enough stupid people to support them. Haley didn't do herself any good with her "Trump is the devil" in February comments followed by her oozing gushiness this week about him. DeSantis is Trump lite. Rubio was my candidate in 2016 but he has disappointed me with his petty behavior.

I'd love to see Charlie Baker or Chris Sununu toss their names in.

I'd vote for either one of them.
1618966694866.png

You don't know what the word impeachment means. Impeachment is done entirely by the House. An impeached president is then tried in the Senate. That trial is not "impeachment".

There's no such thing as impeachment in the Senate. And you also don't have a clue about the merits of the impeachment. I suppose when your football team blatantly cheats, you want to say it's a win.

Well then you are a lot smarter than the media who says Trump’s impeachment failed in the Senate. Perhaps you should consider hiring on as an editor.

Why Impeachment Failed

Senate fails to impeach Trump

TRUMP CLEARED Donald Trump ACQUITTED in impeachment trial for second time as former president blasts ‘greatest witch hunt in history

Trump Acquitted as Impeachment Bid Fails to Muster Two-thirds Majority
The Senate voted 57-43 to charge the former president with incitement of insurrection for the deadly riot on Capitol Hill in January ■ Trump: trial is 'greatest witch hunt in the history of our country'

Perhaps you should consider hiring on as an editor.

They do need better editors. They're basically all wrong. I'll cut them a little slack because the point of impeachment is to get a conviction in the trial, but it's like saying in a normal crime "the charges failed" instead of saying "they were found not guilty". It doesn't really make sense. They were charged, period; and the trial found them not guilty. trump was impeached, period; and the Republicans corruptly found him not guilty.

Fauci’s boss gives Trump credit for Operation Warp Speed.

I suppose when your football team loses you look for reason to claim it really didn’t lose. For example, “My team gained more yards than the other team.”

The efforts to impeach Trump failed in the Senate as they were worthless to begin with.

You don't know what impeachment is, I guess. The impeachment happened. It's history. The senate simply did not convict. Why would it??

I remember the 2009 Swine Flu. Obama put Biden in charge of the response and he bungled it. Badly. Fortunately it was not as deadly as COVID-19.

Let’s never forget what Obama had to say about Sleepy Joe.

View attachment 67329586
couldn't have bungled it that bad---no one remembers it. COVID screw under Trump will never be forgotten.

I liked Trump and I voted for Trump in the election (I voted for Ted Cruz in the primary) but I think it would be a mistake for him to run again in 2024. It would be better to elect a young and strong conservative that could potentially serve for eight years that can also take some of the best ideas that Trump had but also bring in some fresh ideas, a more disciplined approach, and other conservative and libertarian priorities to the office. I'd vote for Trump is he ends up being the nominee again against Biden or probably Harris, but i'd personally rather it be someone else in 2024. I think right now republicans should be all about retaking congress so that this crazy and destructive Biden agenda can be slowed down or stopped.
I appreciate you honesty in support of Trump. However, I can defeat you in any point on Trump if you wish to debate. He is the worst president in U.S. History by nearly any standard. I am an expert on all 45 presidents. I challenge you to give me one item about Trump that would justify you voting for him. If I cannot refute it rationally, I will concede and give you credit and the win. Back to you.

couldn't have bungled it that bad---no one remembers it. COVID screw under Trump will never be forgotten.
The only reason no one (except people like me) remember it is that flu was fortunately not as deadly as COVID-19 or we would have lost far more people than we have with COVID-19.

Trump haters will never give Trump credit for anything.

I think right now republicans should be all about retaking congress so that this crazy and destructive Biden agenda can be slowed down or stopped.

What's crazy and destructive - the virus relief? Infrastructure? Voting rights? Protecting the climate? All the Republicans got done was putting the country trillions more in debt with tax cuts for the rich, so you love that.

What's crazy and destructive - the virus relief? Infrastructure? Voting rights? Protecting the climate? All the Republicans got done was putting the country trillions more in debt with tax cuts for the rich, so you love that.

Isn’t it somewhat hypocritical to complain about republicans adding trillions to the debt?

As far as the rich paying more under Biden, they will find or pay politicians to create nice loopholes to exploit or possibly just move to a country with lower taxes. Companies will do the same. Biden raises taxes and companies leave the United States and go to a nation with lower taxes. It has happened before and will again.

?????That was a glitch in history........no one even remembers that Swine Flu Era.......apples/oranges
Actually, I remember it very well. I was serving on active duty at the time President Ford ordered the military to get mandatory Swine flu vaccinations. There were ~20,000 cases of Swine flu in the US in 1976, all of them in the military. I was one of those ~20,000 cases.

I also remember the 1969 Hong Kong flu which killed as many, if not more, than COVID-19. We did not completely destroy our economy, mandate masks, or require social distancing in 1969. Instead we put a man on the moon in July and held the Woodstock concert in August in New York. We have become a nation of frighten children that allows government to walk all over us since those days. Truly pathetic.

Actually, I remember it very well. I was serving on active duty at the time President Ford ordered the military to get mandatory Swine flu vaccinations. There were ~20,000 cases of Swine flu in the US in 1976, all of them in the military. I was one of those ~20,000 cases.

I also remember the 1969 Hong Kong flu which killed as many, if not more, than COVID-19. We did not completely destroy our economy, mandate masks, or require social distancing in 1969. Instead we put a man on the moon in July and held the Woodstock concert in August in New York. We have become a nation of frighten children that allows government to walk all over us since those days. Truly pathetic.
The Hong Kong flu killed an estimated 100k in the U.S. There's many reasons why we didn't have to respond to it in the same way as covid.

The Hong Kong flu killed an estimated 100k in the U.S. There's many reasons why we didn't have to respond to it in the same way as covid.
Which is actually more than COVID-19, when adjusted for population between now and then.

The death figures being used by the media and the CDC for COVID-19 are grossly over-inflated. After all, Congress is paying hospitals more money for every COVID-19 related death. So suddenly EVERY death becomes COVID-19 related.

Divide the reported COVID-19 deaths by somewhere between 5 and 10 and you will be much closer to the mark of actual COVID-19 related deaths in the US.

Which is actually more than COVID-19, when adjusted for population between now and then.

The death figures being used by the media and the CDC for COVID-19 are grossly over-inflated. After all, Congress is paying hospitals more money for every COVID-19 related death. So suddenly EVERY death becomes COVID-19 related.

Divide the reported COVID-19 deaths by somewhere between 5 and 10 and you will be much closer to the mark of actual COVID-19 related deaths in the US.
We have 5 times more Americans today than we had in 1968? May want to check your math.

Your statistical "analysis" of the actual covid deaths is lacking.

Last edited:
We have 5 times more Americans today than we had in 1968? May want to check your math.

Your statistical "analysis" of the actual covid deaths is lacking.
Clearly reading comprehension is not a skill you possess. I said the number of COVID-19 related deaths being reported is somewhere between 5 and 10 times more than it should be. All you have to do is check the CDC website and see the number of influenza deaths being reported for 2020-2021. It is practically nothing, zilch, nada. That is because they are ALL being reported as COVID-19 related deaths, so those hospitals can take taxpayer's money from Congress all the way to the bank.

Even Providence Hospital in Alaska announced that everyone who tested positive for COVID-19 in the last six months, and then dies - regardless of how they die - they are reporting as a COVID-19 related death. It is deliberate and very public fraud.

Last edited:
Clearly reading comprehension is not a skill you possess. I said the number of COVID-19 related deaths being reported is somewhere between 5 and 10 times more than it should be. All you have to do is check the CDC website and see the number of influenza deaths being reported for 2020-2021. It is practically nothing, zilch, nada. That is because they have ALL being reported as COVID-19 related deaths, so those hospitals can take taxpayer's money from Congress all the way to the bank.

Even Providence Hospital in Alaska announced that everyone who tested positive for COVID-19 in the last six months, and then dies - regardless of how they die - they are reporting as a COVID-19 related death. It is deliberate and very public fraud.
Let's discuss reading comprehension, shall we? No "adjusting for population growth" will make 100,000 Hong Kong flu deaths equal to over 500,000 covid deaths.
Continuing to repeat your unsourced claims is not proof of our unsourced claims.

Let's discuss reading comprehension, shall we? No "adjusting for population growth" will make 100,000 Hong Kong flu deaths equal to over 500,000 covid deaths.
Continuing to repeat your unsourced claims is not proof of our unsourced claims.

Clearly you math skills are on par with your reading comprehension skills.

If you take the current number of US COVID-19 related deaths - 573,276, divide it by somewhere between 5 and 10, you could end up with as few as 57,328 COVID-19 related deaths, and when adjusted for population growth, is considerably less than the 100,000 that were reported dying from the Hong Kong flu of 1969.

Clearly you math skills are on par with your reading comprehension skills.

If you take the current number of US COVID-19 related deaths - 573,276, divide it by somewhere between 5 and 10, you could end up with as few as 57,328 COVID-19 related deaths, and when adjusted for population growth, is considerably less than the 100,000 that were reported dying from the Hong Kong flu of 1969.
Ah. So, if we use your made-up covid number, it all works out. I like the random choice of "between 5 and 10." Very cool.

The only reason no one (except people like me) remember it is that flu was fortunately not as deadly as COVID-19 or we would have lost far more people than we have with COVID-19.

Trump haters will never give Trump credit for anything.

I give Trump credit for winning in 2016 (and blame voters for being so irresponsible, etc).............what else can one give him credit for??

no-----science says COVID was much deadlier. Stick with science and you will go far.

Clearly reading comprehension is not a skill you possess. I said the number of COVID-19 related deaths being reported is somewhere between 5 and 10 times more than it should be. All you have to do is check the CDC website and see the number of influenza deaths being reported for 2020-2021. It is practically nothing, zilch, nada. That is because they are ALL being reported as COVID-19 related deaths, so those hospitals can take taxpayer's money from Congress all the way to the bank.

no----conspiracy theories don't cut it Glitch

Isn’t it somewhat hypocritical to complain about republicans adding trillions to the debt?

As far as the rich paying more under Biden, they will find or pay politicians to create nice loopholes to exploit or possibly just move to a country with lower taxes. Companies will do the same. Biden raises taxes and companies leave the United States and go to a nation with lower taxes. It has happened before and will again.

No, it's not. You apparently need the history of our debt explained. But:

Then you make such false comments as to show there's no reason to waste the time.

I give Trump credit for winning in 2016 (and blame voters for being so irresponsible, etc).............what else can one give him credit for??

'Credit' with the help of voter suppression, Russian involvement and hacking of the Podesta e-mails, James Comey, the media giving trump billions in free publicity, Cambridge Analytica, radical right-wing financial backing like the Mercers.

Back
Top Bottom