• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What liberals have to understand

Logical1

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
These day liberals are all about wealth re-distribution, from those that do work to those that dont work.

What liberals have to understand is that wealth re-distribution comes from everyone WORKING AT A JOB. When you work you can achieve the American dream.

These day liberals are all about wealth re-distribution, from those that do work to those that dont work.

What liberals have to understand is that wealth re-distribution comes from everyone WORKING AT A JOB. When you work you can achieve the American dream.

Old story, means about the same now as it did then, nothing.

Is that why many work two jobs and still can barely make a living, is your answer that they should work three jobs? Is the American Dream to work 80 hours a week?

Is it Thursday already?

Monday they were all about accumulating power, Tuesday it was all about open borders, and Wednesday's are for Presidential Harassment.

It's open-line Friday. Weekends are for going over the administrations Friday News Dump.

We’re screwed if our future as a nation depends on liberals understanding something. :2razz:

Is that why many work two jobs and still can barely make a living, is your answer that they should work three jobs? Is the American Dream to work 80 hours a week?

Whine whine whine--------------I was raised on a farm and worked from the time I was 7 and ever since till I retired. As a teen on the farm in the summer time I had to work about a half hour before sun up till a half hour after sun down. That was a little more than 16 hour a day.

Work how many hours it takes not to be a burden to others.

Whine whine whine--------------I was raised on a farm and worked from the time I was 7 and ever since till I retired. As a teen on the farm in the summer time I had to work about a half hour before sun up till a half hour after sun down. That was a little more than 16 hour a day.

And you walked barefoot to school, 5 miles every day in a raging snow storm with only a scarf to keep you warm.

There is a balance to be struck. Freeloaders who are able to work but choose not to should not get free money from the government. People should reap rewards based on merit. But without some checks and balances, there is nothing stopping the person or people with the most "merit" from hoarding all of the resources at the expense of everyone else and using those resources to wield power over them.

Most liberals are no more in favor of rewarding freeloading than most conservatives are in favor of allowing the richest person in the country to determine the rules everyone else has to follow. It's time to drop the hyperbole that paints those across the aisle as ignorant and evil and see where we can meet in the middle.

Well there really is no explaining it to a.deplorable. Kind of sad really the way the republican party has duped you.

This is what you have to understand:

Liberaldefinition1.jpg

No whine just the truth, which always irritates you.
So, lots of people work long hours, but not everyone is in the position you were living at mom and dads farm, with no family to support.

And you walked barefoot to school, 5 miles every day in a raging snow storm with only a scarf to keep you warm.

No I had shoes and it was only an mile and three quarters. Also I rode my bike when it was warm.

Well there really is no explaining it to a.deplorable. Kind of sad really the way the republican party has duped you.

But see that is the big liberal lie you promote. When I graduated HS, I was virtually penneyless. I joined the Navy and was taught electronics. When I got out I got a job in the office products/computer industry. I worked there for 47 years, and have a good retirement. I own my home, and owe no one anything at all. Basically my wife and I are living the American dream. If I can do it, EVERYONE can.

..and he had to walk though a mine-field without any shoes plus it was uphill going and coming.. :)

You forgot the fact that I had to beat the hungry wolves with my Roy Rogers lunch box!!!!! :)

They work two jobs in most cases because they are not trained or qualified to get a better paying job and have to result to working unskilled labor jobs that don't pay as well as a job that requires a professional degree or some form of specific and detailed training. Many people work two jobs while working toward achieving the American Dream of success by getting better educated and acquiring specialized training.

No whine just the truth, which always irritates you.
So, lots of people work long hours, but not everyone is in the position you were living at mom and dads farm, with no family to support.
But only till I graduated HS, then I was out on my own, and did very well.

People did till the democrats started giving out welfare money and made the father irrelevant. They gave out taxpayer money to the lazy in exchange for their vote. Pelosi is still trying to do that.

BTW the fact is with welfare money the democrat RUINED the black family!!!!!!!!!!!!

OTOH President Trump is trying to give everyone a job.

LOL !

The Fed - Distribution: Distribution of Household Wealth in the U.S. since 1989

50246824316_fa050acb49_c.jpg
50246828886_4a46bd58a9_n.jpg

Trumptster and Moscow Mitch ramped up average monthly debt increase from $56 billion per month, to $108 billion per month in the 27 months ending February, 2020,
despite what Trump described as "the best economy in history.
The debt is a burden on every U.S. resident, but the wealth ???

There is a balance to be struck. Freeloaders who are able to work but choose not to should not get free money from the government. People should reap rewards based on merit. But without some checks and balances, there is nothing stopping the person or people with the most "merit" from hoarding all of the resources at the expense of everyone else and using those resources to wield power over them.

Most liberals are no more in favor of rewarding freeloading than most conservatives are in favor of allowing the richest person in the country to determine the rules everyone else has to follow. It's time to drop the hyperbole that paints those across the aisle as ignorant and evil and see where we can meet in the middle.

Wealthy benefactors of society have been legally and illegally finding a way to enjoy zero taxes, while also enjoying more infrastructure (that their business is running on), actual protection from police, and all the perks free, unlike the common citizenry and bailouts when their scams go awry....

But that's the object of objectivism, take every thing you can from society, give nothing back....

50256710848_72c62a2440_b.jpg

50256711718_ea1b46ec01_b.jpg

$671 billion debt incease = $56 billion average per month

The first Trump fiscal year began on 10/01/17 .... just do the math, divide by 27 months....
...................... $108 billion debt increase per month.....

50257398291_11fa3d96a7_b.jpg

Last edited:
They work two jobs in most cases because they are not trained or qualified to get a better paying job and have to result to working unskilled labor jobs that don't pay as well as a job that requires a professional degree or some form of specific and detailed training. Many people work two jobs while working toward achieving the American Dream of success by getting better educated and acquiring specialized training.

Well they could try to better them selves and get a better paying job.

And----------------------------cry me a river about working two jobs. On the farm I was working 16 hours a day. I can tell you that lot of the farm work in the 40s and 50s when I was a kid was one hell of a lot harder and tougher than about 98% of the jobs that todays youth whine about!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wealthy benefactors of society have been legally and illegally finding a way to enjoy zero taxes, while also enjoying more infrastructure (that their business is running on), actual protection from police, and all the perks free, unlike the common citizenry and bailouts when their scams go awry....

But that's the object of objectivism, take every thing you can from society, give nothing back....

Talk to the ignorant 40 year swamp politicians like Schumer, Pelosi, and Biden, if you dont think the tax code gives favors to the rich. Hint they wont do anything about it BECAUSE they are the AHs that benefit by the tax code they created, because of their crookedness THEY ARE AMONG THE RICH.

REAL hard to do when working 80 hours a week. It is a viscous circle, survival or further training, some get lucky and have a support system to allow it, others don't.

Talk to the ignorant 40 year swamp politicians like Schumer, Pelosi, and Biden, if you dont think the tax code gives favors to the rich. Hint they wont do anything about it BECAUSE they are the AHs that benefit by the tax code they created, because of their crookedness THEY ARE AMONG THE RICH.

IDK why you ass/u/me I am some big supporter of the Democratic party? I simply find legalized corruption a cut above Trump®'s naked screw the law grift. Why you're in denial of Trump's obvious con job has been a mystery to normal people for almost 5 years now....

Back
Top Bottom