• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

What Liberal was the bigger loser this week?

What liberal was this month's biggest loser?

  • Ted Kennedy

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chuckie Schummer

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Howard Dean

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Algore

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hillary Clinton

    Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Mayor 'Chocolate' Nagin

    Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Entire liberal Contingent

    Votes: 1 25.0%

  • Total voters
    4

ptsdkid

Banned
DP Veteran
Joined
Dec 14, 2005
Messages
1,704
Reaction score
10
Location
New Hampshire
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
By loser, you can address that term anyway you like, but a loser will always be a loser.
 

scottyz

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 31, 2005
Messages
1,575
Reaction score
0
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Moderate
I'm hoping one of our friendly moderators will ad your name to this poll so I can vote. :lol:
 

ptsdkid

Banned
DP Veteran
Joined
Dec 14, 2005
Messages
1,704
Reaction score
10
Location
New Hampshire
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
scottyz said:
I'm hoping one of our friendly moderators will ad your name to this poll so I can vote. :lol:

****Sorry Scotso, but I'm not a liberal, or a libloser.
 

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 11, 2005
Messages
39,883
Reaction score
3,070
Location
Pacific NW
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
There is no question that the "Ice Princess" Hillary was the biggest loser this week..........Her playing the race card in front of and African American audience was outrageous.......
 

ptsdkid

Banned
DP Veteran
Joined
Dec 14, 2005
Messages
1,704
Reaction score
10
Location
New Hampshire
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Navy Pride said:
There is no question that the "Ice Princess" Hillary was the biggest loser this week..........Her playing the race card in front of and African American audience was outrageous.......


Yeah, Hillary really put her fat foot into her mouth again. I just don't know if these liberals realize how pathetic they look with these rants. Thank God they're going to be the monority for a long time, or until the Dem Party fizzles out altogether. Algore the anti-American has to be the most dispicable human being on the planet, barring none.

KidTim
 
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
109
Reaction score
0
Location
In front of my computer.
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
ptsdkid said:
Al gore the anti-American has to be the most dispicable human being on the planet, barring none.

KidTim

I am curious... what makes him un-American? Is it because he disagrees with the Republican party and the president? "To announce there must be no criticism of the President, and to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, it is morally treasonous to the American public." No less a man than Theodore Roosevelt said this, and it is the truth. Why are not those who refuse to listen to and would silence the dissenters the un-American ones?
 

aps

Passionate
DP Veteran
Joined
Sep 25, 2005
Messages
15,675
Reaction score
2,979
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
Stupiderthanthou said:
I am curious... what makes him un-American? Is it because he disagrees with the Republican party and the president? "To announce there must be no criticism of the President, and to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, it is morally treasonous to the American public." No less a man than Theodore Roosevelt said this, and it is the truth. Why are not those who refuse to listen to and would silence the dissenters the un-American ones?

I wouldn't give much credibility to KidTim. He talks like he is an authoritarian on everything, which he ain't, but don't tell him that. Shhhhhhhh ;)
 

ptsdkid

Banned
DP Veteran
Joined
Dec 14, 2005
Messages
1,704
Reaction score
10
Location
New Hampshire
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Stupiderthanthou said:
I am curious... what makes him un-American? Is it because he disagrees with the Republican party and the president? "To announce there must be no criticism of the President, and to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, it is morally treasonous to the American public." No less a man than Theodore Roosevelt said this, and it is the truth. Why are not those who refuse to listen to and would silence the dissenters the un-American ones?

** Actually, anyone calling themself a liberal is anti-American and the enemy in my mind, especially now durring this time of war. Ever hear that saying, "Either you're with us or agin us"? ..or "America, love it or leave it"?

The liberals in Congress and elsewhere have done everything in their power to undermine our president in this war on terror, and have gone as far as aiding and abetting the enemy with their words and actions. Do I need to list the individuals and their actions to prove they are the enemy?
This enemy assault on our president has gone unabated sice the start of the Iraqi War. Kerry and others calling our troops terrorists, Dean and others calling our president the world's greatest terrorist etc. Shackling the president on the war on terror by calling for his impeachment over using wiretapping of Al Qeida operatives, calling for a failure in the war by pulling troops out immediately etc etc. The list of anti American nonsense is long my friend. Just compare these liberal traitorous acts to what the republicans did and said during Democratic presidencies at war. Hard to come up with such anti American rhetoric when the shoe was on the other foot...aint it?
 
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
109
Reaction score
0
Location
In front of my computer.
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
ptsdkid said:
** Actually, anyone calling themself a liberal is anti-American and the enemy in my mind, especially now durring this time of war. Ever hear that saying, "Either you're with us or agin us"? ..or "America, love it or leave it"?

But that's just the thing. Isn't working to change America, to make it what he believes it ought to be, as much a proof of his love of the country as ever supporting the status quo would have been?

Surely you don't believe our fine country is well and truly perfect?

ptsdkid said:
The liberals in Congress and elsewhere have done everything in their power to undermine our president in this war on terror, and have gone as far as aiding and abetting the enemy with their words and actions. Do I need to list the individuals and their actions to prove they are the enemy?

Why? Because they want to be killed in their beds by fanatics? Of course not. Because they disagree with the execution of the war. That is their right, no? The enemy is the terrorists, not the people who suggest that we might want to change the way we go after them. That's not perfect, either.

ptsdkid said:
This enemy assault on our president has gone unabated sice the start of the Iraqi War. Kerry and others calling our troops terrorists, Dean and others calling our president the world's greatest terrorist etc. Shackling the president on the war on terror by calling for his impeachment over using wiretapping of Al Qeida operatives, calling for a failure in the war by pulling troops out immediately etc etc. The list of anti American nonsense is long my friend. Just compare these liberal traitorous acts to what the republicans did and said during Democratic presidencies at war. Hard to come up with such anti American rhetoric when the shoe was on the other foot...aint it?

Partisan politicians say dumb things (that includes, by the way, the president). Do you doubt that they have our best interests at heart? You speak as though liberals wish to see America ruined and disgraced. 49% of America voted for John Kerry. Are that many of us masochistic traitors? I think not.

Calling for impeachment is justified when it is honestly believed that the man on the chopping block has done something wrong. If people wanted to impeach just to impeach, surely there would have been more noise made in the past? But there wasn't. Now there's a justification for the claim, so of course there is a call for blood. We claim to respect the integrity of the Iraqi state, and most Iraqis- polls have shown- want us gone. Combine this with the fact that American soldiers die daily there, and surely a call for "withdrawal to the periphery," as Rep. Murtha put it, doesn't sound too unreasonable?

Most "Democratic" wars, as you seem to regard them- most wars under any part in our past- have been more or less legitimate. One which was not- the Mexican-American War- was launched by a Democratic president, and the people who would twenty years later become the Republican party did, by and large, dissent. People oppose questionable fights, not just Republican ones. If it is anti-American, there is your other shoe. But in both cases I would call it patriotic dissent by people with a different vision for their country. They, in the past and now, worked towards the same goal as the majority in a different incarnation. A better America, whatever its look, has always been the objective of most citizens, and if the methods of the minorities have been questionable, so too have those of the majorities.
 

cnredd

Major General Big Lug
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 5, 2005
Messages
8,682
Reaction score
262
Location
Philadelphia,PA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
ptsdkid said:
** Actually, anyone calling themself a liberal is anti-American and the enemy in my mind, especially now durring this time of war. Ever hear that saying, "Either you're with us or agin us"? ..or "America, love it or leave it"?
tell Edith I said "Hi"...:roll:
 

Billo_Really

Banned
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 6, 2005
Messages
18,930
Reaction score
1,040
Location
HBCA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Originally Posted by ptsdkid
** Actually, anyone calling themself a liberal is anti-American and the enemy in my mind, especially now durring this time of war. Ever hear that saying, "Either you're with us or agin us"? ..or "America, love it or leave it"?
Fortunately, there are more choices than that.
 

alphieb

DP Veteran
Joined
Nov 13, 2005
Messages
1,982
Reaction score
31
Location
Vincennes IN
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
I voted Mayor Nagin, I think he has just simply lost his mind, if he ever had one. Mayor Nagin is not a Democrat, I believe he is Independant.

There is nothing wrong with speaking your mind, afterall they are politicans. Although I think Hilary used a bad choice of words, but I think she meant well. What she was saying was, the democrats are pushed aside and discriminated against in the house. Why she used the word "plantation" to articulate that is beyond me.

Al Gore spoke with class and simply stated his mind. Senator Kennedy was just doing his job to ensure we have a fair Supreme Court Judge, despite the skeletons in his own closet. He is not the one nominated for that position. He knows he made mistakes. Regardless, he will always be Senator of Mass. his people like him.
 
Top Bottom