• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What law would've prevented this?

Cool. Let's see the ratio of cars owned to deaths caused by cars. I provided it for guns.
Death rates for automobiles are given in per million miles driven.

In 2019, the death rate was 1.41 per 10,000 vehicles, a 96% improvement. In 1923, the first year miles driven was estimated, the motor-vehicle death rate was 18.65 deaths for every 100 million miles driven. Since 1923, the mileage death rate has decreased 93% and now stands at 1.20 deaths per 100 million miles driven.

Source

You have no idea about any of it. You can’t provide any data to back up your claims, you’re just making shit up. “Fees!” lol
Um, I have a Bachelor of Science regarding that specifically. Hunting licenses, tags, $$ impacts on businesses and tourism. Do you even know what a hunting tag is?

And I'm not going to bother providing any 'data.' You dismissed my solutions out of hand earlier. You are doing so now.

I dont give a shit if you believe me. It's all true 🤷

Oh...and I'm still waiting for you to provide YOUR solutions to gun violence. Why would I provide anything else if you wont do that?

But we’ve established guns have no value. Cars do.
You have been reduced to lying. I demonstrated clearly that guns have value in our society, economy. That you deny it is your problem but I'm good...it's here for everyone else to read.

Shall we compare what cars bring to the economy vs guns? Are you sure you’ve given this comp a lot of thought and research?
Please do. I'll wait. Provide that data comparing both like you've demanded from me.

Death rates for automobiles are given in per million miles driven.

Source
So clearly with all the measures taken, cars are that much more deadly. Thanks.

So clearly with all the measures taken, cars are that much more deadly. Thanks.
You're not understanding the math. A lower number per million miles driven means cars are less deadly. Here's the important bit again:

Since 1923, the mileage death rate has decreased 93% and now stands at 1.20 deaths per 100 million miles driven

Um, I have a Bachelor of Science regarding that specifically. Hunting licenses, tags, $$ impacts on businesses and tourism. Do you even know what a hunting tag is?

And I'm not going to bother providing any 'data.' You dismissed my solutions out of hand earlier. You are doing so now.

I dont give a shit if you believe me. It's all true 🤷

Oh...and I'm still waiting for you to provide YOUR solutions to gun violence. Why would I provide anything else if you wont do that?

No idea what your grab at authority here has to do with anything. Anyone can claim to be whatever, it’s why we argue the ideas. *You* declared guns have “X” financial value to society, thus they should stay. You have provided zero data to indicate what those amounts are, and what their comps are for those values to mean anything.

You made a very specific argument that you’re now running from.

You're not understanding the math. A lower number per million miles driven means cars are less deadly. Here's the important bit again:
How so? The guns in people's hands are not causing the deaths proportionally that cars are.

Because the vast vast majority are not doing harm. I think you are making my point.

You have been reduced to lying. I demonstrated clearly that guns have value in our society, economy. That you deny it is your problem but I'm good...it's here for everyone else to read.

Please do. I'll wait. Provide that data comparing both like you've demanded from me.

What did I lie about? How is asserting guns don’t have value to our society a “lie”? You said a bunch of words with no data to back it up, and when asked to prove it you screamed like a Banshee and pleaded with me to respect your degree in advanced hunting license processing.

No idea what your grab at authority here has to do with anything. Anyone can claim to be whatever, it’s why we argue the ideas. *You* declared guns have “X” financial value to society, thus they should stay. You have provided zero data to indicate what those amounts are, and what their comps are for those values to mean anything.

You made a very specific argument that you’re now running from.
Since you post nothing of value or solutions, it's silly for anyone to regard your posts as anyting but bluster and venting

I provided valid arguments, not running from a thing, and your only rebuttal is 'na huh!' LOL Please...continue.

Or someday, provide the solutions that I've asked for...you know, something more than your 'na huh' to work with in a "discussion forum" :rolleyes:

Admit it, I knocked your preconceived notions on their ass with my comments on hunting alone 😁 And you got nuthin'.

How so? The guns in people's hands are not causing the deaths proportionally that cars are.

Because the vast vast majority are not doing harm. I think you are making my point.
The point is that guns cause a lot of deaths in the US, far more than in other countries. Like other risky products that people use they can and should be made safer to reduce death. It's done with everything from cars to food safety to construction standards. Do it with guns and owners.

Airplane deaths are far lower than guns or cars, but you still work to make flying even safer.

What did I lie about? How is asserting guns don’t have value to our society a “lie”? You said a bunch of words with no data to back it up, and when asked to prove it you screamed like a Banshee and pleaded with me to respect your degree in advanced hunting license processing.
I demonstrated clearly that guns do have value in our society. Protection, $$ into the economy and protecting wildlife and public lands. Those are all facts.

That you pretend I didnt demonstrate that value is you lying.

And there's been no screaming from me...that's your failure echoing in your own ears. It's cutesie cheap rhetoric for you to try...but that fails too.

I dont give a crap what you respect. You have zero credibility or honesty here, so your opinion is meaningless.

The point is that guns cause a lot of deaths in the US, far more than in other countries. Like other risky products that people use they can and should be made safer to reduce death. It's done with everything from cars to food safety to construction standards. Do it with guns and owners.

Airplane deaths are far lower than guns or cars, but you still work to make flying even safer.

Which is another thing: they keep bringing up all these things that are much heavier regulated than guns as comps for gun regulation.

I demonstrated clearly that guns do have value in our society. Protection, $$ into the economy and protecting wildlife and public lands. Those are all facts.

“$$” is not an actual number.

Whatever you do know about this stuff, you’re keepin it to yourself.

Ah, so you've abandoned the earlier argument.

In almost every country in Europe, an adult is allowed to own, at miniumum, a hunting rifle. Since here in the US nearly all mass shootings take place in gun-free areas, a hunting rifle is all that's needed to kill 20-30 people 🤷 Europeans have the capacity for such shootings...but they dont commit them.

They dont have the will or the motivation. But here in the US, we do apparently. I just demonstrated that it's not about firearm capacity...it's about will. Culture. Motive.

Guns arent the problem. POS loser males are. And in many cases, the mentally ill.

The laws that prevent it in all other developed countries.

Do all other countries have a 2000 mile Mexican border guns can get smuggled into?

Ah, so you've abandoned the earlier argument.
Nope - my point is that guns and their owners can be made safer. Look to countries with better outcomes (all other developed countries) for solutions.

“$$” is not an actual number.

Whatever you do know about this stuff, you’re keepin it to yourself.
Where's your solution?
And there's been no screaming from me...that's your failure echoing in your own ears. It's cutesie cheap rhetoric for you to try...but that fails too.

I dont give a crap what you respect. You have zero credibility or honesty here, so your opinion is meaningless.

Nope - my point is that guns and their owners can be made safer. Look to countries with better outcomes (all other developed countries) for solutions.
Feel free to explain how.

Do all other countries have a 2000 mile Mexican border guns can get smuggled into?
Lol, that's hilarious. Your guns are coming from the +60,000 guns shops in America.

Lol, that's hilarious. Your guns are coming from the +60,000 guns shops in America.

And... across the 2000 mile border?

Even more so without those shops

You know we can even make those weapons all by our selves now right?

It’s a genocide culture at this point in the US. It’s scary.

And... across the 2000 mile border?

Even more so without those shops
Yeah sure, back to blaming the brown people. You guys are a skipping record.

Here you go. You can easily find the same information for all other countries with lower gun deaths.
Summary and quotes please. Otherwise, if it's so cut and dried...why isnt it being implemented here? Please give details.

Back
Top Bottom