• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What kind of wine did you have lately?

These pre-Christmas days I enjoy Glüh-Wein - and I prefer it cold! :)

Tempranillo - from Spain

20221225-125527.jpg

Christmas eve dinner.

:):)

:)

Carménère
Chile 2020
Cassilero del Diablo
Concha y Toro

Now:
Spätburgunder from the Bodensee = Pinot Noir from the Lake of Constance

@ the misery of the names for Greek wines

Yesterday I had a red wine in a Greek restaurant.
The wine was named "Melina".
But as far as I know there is no grape variety by the name of "Melina".
I am always interested to know the grape variety.
But with the Greek wine you often only know the firm that makes it or sells it.
That seems to be all the Greeks are interested in.
If Germany followed the Greek example, then our wines would have names like: ALDI, LIDL, Kaufland, or Meyer, Müller, Schmidt.

What kind of wine did you have lately?

In my case it was a mulled wine at one of the Christmas Markets here.

Mulled wine - Wikipedia

Apart from that I had a fine local Pinot Noir - or Spätburgunder.
Chianti from Metro. I drank it over a can of pork and beans and a grilled cheese sandwich.
Chianti.jpg

Chianti from Metro. I drank it over a can of pork and beans and a grilled cheese sandwich.
I had a very normal everyday French red wine in a supermarket cafereria on Friday, together with a fine ham baguette. :)

A Swiss wine: Chasselas

We charcoal grilled some lamb sirloins a couple of days ago, and opened up a bottle of this that we bought around Thanksgiving.

14740_2022.jpg

Today: a Gewürztraminer - for Mother's Day :)

Long time

no wine?

:(

Back
Top Bottom