• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What kind of Pres would Trump be?

solletica

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Trump never entered the race with the intent of actually becoming Pres--his aim was to merely discredit the GOP on the national stage by stoking the childish fears and bigotries of the GOP's red state voting base to get them all fired up, thereby making the party look stupid and silly to the rest of the world, and by all accounts, he's succeeded.

But what if, hypothetically, he were to become Pres? Would he be a sensible leader and policy maker?

Personally, I believe he would, for no other reason than he's proven that he has the ability to not just threaten powerful individuals (i. e. the GOP power elite) to force outcomes but to manipulate people w/extreme precision to accomplish his objectives, an indispensable skill for any Pres.

In a nutshell, were Trump to become Pres, he would turn the GOP establishment members of Congress into his bitches. What more could any sensible American want :) ?

Trump never entered the race with the intent of actually becoming Pres--his aim was to merely discredit the GOP on the national stage by stoking the childish fears and bigotries of the GOP's uneducated red state voting base in an effort to make the party look stupid and silly, and by all accounts, he's succeeded.

But what if, hypothetically, he were to become Pres? Would he be a sensible leader and policy maker?

Personally, I believe he would, for no other reason than he's proven that he has the ability to not just threaten powerful individuals (i. e. the GOP power elite) to force outcomes but to manipulate people w/extreme precision to accomplish his objectives, an indispensable skill for any Pres.

In a nutshell, were Trump to become Pres, he would turn the GOP establishment members of Congress into his bitches. What more could any sensible American want :) ?

Well, in the spirit of your OP, I think he would probably try to be gentle with the taker class, otherwise known as liberal/progressives. Recognizing these hapless lazy people are incapable of taking responsibility for anything, he will probably try to show some empathy for their stunted development, and give them some opportunity to swim, before letting them sink.

Outside of increasing boarder security and perhaps making better trade deals, I suspect a Trump presidency would be made of up him talking about his poll numbers and calling anyone who opposes him childish names.

Trump will not be president of the USA.

Wait and see.November isn't that far away.

Watching The Don for lo these many months I'd have to say he's like this toy you might remember ...

Just when you think you've got a hold of him, he slips away.

Trump never entered the race with the intent of actually becoming Pres--his aim was to merely discredit the GOP on the national stage by stoking the childish fears and bigotries of the GOP's red state voting base to get them all fired up, thereby making the party look stupid and silly to the rest of the world, and by all accounts, he's succeeded.

No there's a conspiracy 'ferya.............

I agree with that I bolded.

I believe The Donald initially entered the race (like many others) as a tool for self-promotion, and in his case perhaps to also influence the discussion. But his initial primarily goal was simply to self-promote (as can be seen by his not having any campaign infrastructure at all when he emerged as a candidate) .

But surprising everyone, including hisself, from the get-go he exponentially gained traction, and soon it occurred to him: "Hey, I can do this"!

And the rest is history!

[I believe this also explains his constant need to catch-up to Sen Cruz in terms of ground-game, post-caucus delegate gathering, etc. - He's unprepared]

What kind of President would Trump be??

Total ****ing disaster. Both domestically and global.

Luckily. The chances of him winning a General Election are zero.

I agree with that I bolded.

I believe The Donald initially entered the race (like many others) as a tool for self-promotion, and in his case perhaps to also influence the discussion. But his initial primarily goal was simply to self-promote (as can be seen by his not having any campaign infrastructure at all when he emerged as a candidate) .

But surprising everyone, including hisself, from the get-go he exponentially gained traction, and soon it occurred to him: "Hey, I can do this"!

And the rest is history!

[I believe this also explains his constant need to catch-up to Sen Cruz in terms of ground-game, post-caucus delegate gathering, etc. - He's unprepared]

He is beginning to remind of a bit of Ross Perot. The more Perot seemed to begin to look like a serious contender for the job, the more he became unhinged and kooky. Trump really only needed to ACT presidential to have a real shot, but he acts less presidential by the day. You could forgive some of his earlier missteps, but his most recent ones demonstrate that he is not growing as a candidate a single bit, but rather, growing more infantile.

What kind of Pres would Trump be?

a president with a temperament that makes him unfit for office.

It's hard to tell, since he's ideologically vacant and the party on behalf of which he'd occupy the White House loathes him, which leads me to think that his incumbency would be a period of intense ideological strife and chaos in the U.S - where there's vacuum, there's contention to fill such vacuum.

And there lies the danger in his presidency. Contrary to the U.S's perception of itself, it isn't a benign hegemon, nor is it a fully realized democracy, though it prefers stability and pretensions of democracy over an imperious and ideologically-charged identity. But the vacuum and chaos Trump would bring to the U.S may give fertile grounds to a still nascent ideological movement bent on domination and inhibited by the failures in Iraq and Afghanistan.

On a slightly different note, I'm constantly perplexed by this flippant attitude towards Trump and his campaign amply demonstrated in the OP; self-deception is an omnipotent thing indeed.

Trump entered the race to make America great again and let's say whatever President is elected will fulfill his vision.

Well, in the spirit of your OP, I think he would probably try to be gentle with the taker class, otherwise known as liberal/progressives. Recognizing these hapless lazy people are incapable of taking responsibility for anything, he will probably try to show some empathy for their stunted development, and give them some opportunity to swim, before letting them sink.

He's going to kick the taker class out on the street and make them get jobs. He doesn't care about all you trash, even if you were 98% of his audience.

Outside of increasing boarder security and perhaps making better trade deals, I suspect a Trump presidency would be made of up him talking about his poll numbers and calling anyone who opposes him childish names.

Why should the Government be making trade deals? Don't we believe in a free market?

Trump will not be president of the USA.

Wait and see.November isn't that far away.

What kind of President would Trump be??

Total ****ing disaster. Both domestically and global.

Luckily. The chances of him winning a General Election are zero.

We can only hope and pray.

He is beginning to remind of a bit of Ross Perot. The more Perot seemed to begin to look like a serious contender for the job, the more he became unhinged and kooky. Trump really only needed to ACT presidential to have a real shot, but he acts less presidential by the day. You could forgive some of his earlier missteps, but his most recent ones demonstrate that he is not growing as a candidate a single bit, but rather, growing more infantile.
Very well stated!

And we saw how Ross Perot's erratic nature got him in the end when he suspended his campaign, went underground, then re-emerged with a flimsy excuse for his behaviour, that being his daughter's wedding! Wha???

So it will be interesting to see how the Trump Train soldiers on.

Very well stated!

And we saw how Ross Perot's erratic nature got him in the end when he suspended his campaign, went underground, then re-emerged with a flimsy excuse for his behaviour, that being his daughter's wedding! Wha???

So
it will be interesting to see how the Trump Train soldiers on.

The Trump Train will never leave the station.

:lol:

he would be a terrible president and totally get owned by everyone.
hes a buffon

It's hard to tell, since he's ideologically vacant and the party on behalf of which he'd occupy the White House loathes him, which leads me to think that his incumbency would be a period of intense ideological strife and chaos in the U.S - where there's vacuum, there's contention to fill such vacuum.

And there lies the danger in his presidency. Contrary to the U.S's perception of itself, it isn't a benign hegemon, nor is it a fully realized democracy, though it prefers stability and pretensions of democracy over an imperious and ideologically-charged identity. But the vacuum and chaos Trump would bring to the U.S may give fertile grounds to a still nascent ideological movement bent on domination and inhibited by the failures in Iraq and Afghanistan.

On a slightly different note, I'm constantly perplexed by this flippant attitude towards Trump and his campaign amply demonstrated in the OP; self-deception is an omnipotent thing indeed.

I stated some months ago that even Trump is surprised at his numbers. Regardless, he now sees it as possible and he wants it.

We need only look at his campaign. Never has there been a campaign based more on bull****. Build a wall? Does anyone really believe that?

The word "unpredictable" continues to surface with him, which is about the worst possible trait in a president. His reversals are too numerous to mention and he clearly has a tenuous grasp of the issues.

His stand(s) on nuclear weapons has already created instability across the globe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4myU_E1S0P0

Meanwhile, his only answer to "how" on any issue boils down to "I have a lot of really great people"

A Trump presidency will be an unstable lurch from issue to issue while Trump uses the office the line the pockets of his "great people"

I stated some months ago that even Trump is surprised at his numbers. Regardless, he now sees it as possible and he wants it.

We need only look at his campaign. Never has there been a campaign based more on bull****. Build a wall? Does anyone really believe that?

The word "unpredictable" continues to surface with him, which is about the worst possible trait in a president. His reversals are too numerous to mention and he clearly has a tenuous grasp of the issues.

His stand(s) on nuclear weapons has already created instability across the globe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4myU_E1S0P0

Meanwhile, his only answer to "how" on any issue boils down to "I have a lot of really great people"

A Trump presidency will be an unstable lurch from issue to issue while Trump uses the office the line the pockets of his "great people"

I concur. That unpredictability, which is the quintessence of Trump's ideological vacancy, is far more dangerous than the perils of his caprice. Imagine, the premier of a leviathan isn't rooted in reality by an ideology.

Of the contending ideologies to fill the resultant ideological vacuum, most will be regressive in that they'll try to take the U.S to a former ideological identity, be it the neoliberalism of Obama's incumbency or the Reaganite neoconservatism of the 80s. But time moves forward, not backwards; there's a reason the U.S moved away from such archaic ideologies - time rendered them obsolete. Therefore, the ideological contention will come down to a showdown between the social liberalism of the progressive movement and the christian imperialism that remained incipient after the Bush incumbency, the heir of which seems to be Cruz for the time being.

Because the U.S is endemically inflated in its liberalism and deflated in its conservatism, we'll do right by preparing for the christian utopia, or more aptly, dystopia.

Back
Top Bottom