• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What is your viewpoint on transgender people?

Your stance on transgender people

• Same as Option C, only minor medical transition includes puberty blockers (Option D)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No trans females in women's sports. Bottom surgery can change ones sex (Option G)

• AMA and APA stances are too strict (Option H)

• Total voters
dodge? Who the **** do you think you are talking to?

:LOL:

I took that as rhetorical. Just a drive-by insult. Not as a serious question.

I copy no one. Ever. No one on this site is more independent in thought.

Now, what right do the trans not have that I do?

My how easily you want to forget the very words that you wrote:

They are not discriminated against.
They want extra rights.

Don't let the agenda fool you.

You said that about trans people. That is EXACTLY the same shit that was used against gay people. Like you copy-pasted it from some homophobic source.

And you never answered my question: Why? Why are you parroting that homophobic shit?

I don't see a difference. Sports should be co ed anyway. Solo sports can go by weight and height. Get rid of male/female restrooms. Family bathrooms are fine for everyone. Problem solved.

Before answering, please

I'll answer the way I want to answer and if you don't like my answer, tough beans.

I do not HAVE a "viewpoint" on transgender people.
I have individual views on individual people, and if a transgender individual is annoying as Hell, a huge PITA and a waste of oxygen, then that's my view of that individual.
If they're as nice as any ordinary nice person, then that's my view instead.

My first wife took in a gay guy as a sublet in one of our extra rooms and I learned to despise him in short order, and by his actions alone he ultimately poisoned all of it
and wifey booted his ass out.
And yet the friend of hers I liked the most was also a gay guy, and he was a wonderful person, alas taken far too soon.

And it's the same for me with trans people...same experiences, same outlook, I like or dislike individuals, not classes of people.
Classes of people are entitled to basic human dignity and human rights, equal human rights, whether I happen to like them or not.

:LOL:

My how easily you want to forget the very words that you wrote:

You said that about trans people. That is EXACTLY the same shit that was used against gay people. Like you copy-pasted it from some homophobic source.

And you never answered my question: Why? Why are you parroting that homophobic shit?

Stop posting as a child. What right do they not have that I do?
I ansewer your question, now ansewer mine.

Or are you not able because they have no rights violated?

I don't see a difference. Sports should be co ed anyway. Solo sports can go by weight and height. Get rid of male/female restrooms. Family bathrooms are fine for everyone. Problem solved.

Sport remains a problem. Body structure and muscle density are diffeant between men and women. It is not just weight.

Stop posting as a child. What right do they not have that I do?
I ansewer your question, now ansewer mine.

Or are you not able because they have no rights violated?

No, you didn't. Your piss-poor gaslighting is not going to make me unsee the homophobic rhetoric that you are copying and using against trans people. It's fascinating that you won't even own up to it, let alone explain why you're doing it.

No medical interventions, including hormones, before age 18. Mental health counseling is fine though.

Once you're 18 you can do whatever you want with your body, if it's part of a prescribed treatment by a doctor.

Gender isn't a real thing. The idea that one's body and mind are somehow misaligned is just religious woo. Biological sex is all there is...the rest is just sexist stereotyping.

I support laws against discrimination and harassment in the workplace and in the legal system.

No men playing on women's sports teams.

I don't really care which bathroom someone shits in, but I also am fine with establishments setting their own rules. I don't see why this needs to be a matter of public policy.

If people want to call themselves the opposite sex and convince people to use certain pronouns, that's their prerogative. But it's everyone else's choice whether they want to play this game.

when I was 20 or so I went to a batheoomin a restaurant in San Francisco and in walks this gorgous women and I says this is the mens room and she pulls out a big dick and starts to pee. Ever since then I just don't care what a person does or is.

Before answering, please read the background information and each option carefully. Lets start with the basics, per American Psychological Association. See here for more details.

Your options:

Option A - Fully support the AMA and APA stance on transgender individuals.

Option B - I fully support transgender people and their right to be themselves. Transgender minors should be allowed to medically transition, if there's both parental and medical approval. However, transgender females in female sports is where I draw the line.

Option C - I am not against transgender people. I have no problem with using their preferred gender pronouns, as long as they are not "wacky" or confusing. My issue is transgender females in women's sports and minors receiving medical transition, beyond puberty blockers. Those are a no go for me. I don't care if the medical community and the parents approves of transition. You need to start transitioning at age 18.

Option D - Same as C, only puberty blockers should be banned as well for minors.

Option E - I have no issue with using someone's preferred pronouns, just as long as they are not wacky or confusing. Bathrooms and locker rooms are designed for ones biological identity. Transgender females shouldn't be allowed to play in female sports. I don't have an issue with transgender males in men's sports. Transition before the age of 18 is a no go. I don't care if the medical professionals and parents approve.

Option F - There's no difference between gender and sex. Pronouns are biological. I don't support medical transition for minors. Sports leagues are not about feelings. The boys play on the boys team. The girls play on the girls team. Don't get me wrong, I don't support violence against transgender people. I believe adults should be allowed to transition, but I am not going to support their delusion.

Option G - Somewhere between E and F. I do not support transgender women in women's sports, regardless of present genitalia. If a man wants to become a woman, get the bottom surgery, then they can use the women's bathrooms/locker rooms and use female pronouns. Vice verse for a woman wanting to be a man.

Option H - I do not support the recommendations by the AMA and APA. They are too strict. We should allow people to medically transition at any age they want, as long as their parents approve.
None of the above--------------they are people, period. Case closed.

"Other" - they, and those who enable them need serious psychological counseling.

when I was 20 or so I went to a batheoomin a restaurant in San Francisco and in walks this gorgous women and I says this is the mens room and she pulls out a big dick and starts to pee. Ever since then I just don't care what a person does or is.
We're sorry for your trauma.

No, you didn't. Your piss-poor gaslighting is not going to make me unsee the homophobic rhetoric that you are copying and using against trans people. It's fascinating that you won't even own up to it, let alone explain why you're doing it.

I agree, there have every right i have already.

Why are your posts so combative? Only one reason. Think about it.

Biological males cannot be made to participate in female sports because their bodies have been masculinized already through full or partial male puberty, even if the hormones used in transition weakened them from when they had male reproductive parts. Other than that, they can do whatever they want - just leave me to my own devices.

90_278_1.jpg
A list of trumpers?

People are people and should be respected as such. Respecting others for who they are as well as how they think.

I take my medical advice on clinical issues from medical organisations like the AMA and APA. I take my sports advice on issues impacting athletes from organizations representing athletes. Now that we see a pattern, when it comes to human and civil rights, guess who I listen to?

Biological males cannot be made to participate in female sports because their bodies have been masculinized already through full or partial male puberty, even if the hormones used in transition weakened them from when they had male reproductive parts. Other than that, they can do whatever they want - just leave me to my own devices.

^ That post was a crock of shit. :LOL:

I agree, there have every right i have already.

Why are your posts so combative? Only one reason. Think about it.

Your desperation to wave away your gaslighting is showing. You said what you said, and it's on full display now. Copy-pasted from the homophobes.

No medical interventions, including hormones, before age 18. Mental health counseling is fine though.

Once you're 18 you can do whatever you want with your body, if it's part of a prescribed treatment by a doctor.

Gender isn't a real thing. The idea that one's body and mind are somehow misaligned is just religious woo. Biological sex is all there is...the rest is just sexist stereotyping.

I support laws against discrimination and harassment in the workplace and in the legal system.

No men playing on women's sports teams.

I don't really care which bathroom someone shits in, but I also am fine with establishments setting their own rules. I don't see why this needs to be a matter of public policy.

If people want to call themselves the opposite sex and convince people to use certain pronouns, that's their prerogative. But it's everyone else's choice whether they want to play this game.

Hormone therapy has been used for quite some time to delay precocious puberty.

If you're going to be consistent with your transphobic position, you should be against that too.

Hormone therapy has been used for quite some time to delay precocious puberty.

If you're going to be consistent with your transphobic position, you should be against that too.
I am against hormone therapy to prevent confused kids from going through puberty. Was that not clear? I thought my first sentence addressed that pretty succinctly.

I am against hormone therapy. Was that not clear?

So you're against hormone therapy for precocious puberty, even among cis kids?

Back
Top Bottom