• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What is your viewpoint on transgender people?

Your stance on transgender people

• Same as Option C, only minor medical transition includes puberty blockers (Option D)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No trans females in women's sports. Bottom surgery can change ones sex (Option G)

• AMA and APA stances are too strict (Option H)

• Total voters

BrotherFease

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Before answering, please read the background information and each option carefully. Lets start with the basics, per American Psychological Association. See here for more details.

Your options:
Option A - Fully support the AMA and APA stance on transgender individuals.

Option B - I fully support transgender people and their right to be themselves. Transgender minors should be allowed to medically transition, if there's both parental and medical approval. However, transgender females in female sports is where I draw the line.

Option C - I am not against transgender people. I have no problem with using their preferred gender pronouns, as long as they are not "wacky" or confusing. My issue is transgender females in women's sports and minors receiving medical transition, beyond puberty blockers. Those are a no go for me. I don't care if the medical community and the parents approves of transition. You need to start transitioning at age 18.

Option D - Same as C, only puberty blockers should be banned as well for minors.

Option E - I have no issue with using someone's preferred pronouns, just as long as they are not wacky or confusing. Bathrooms and locker rooms are designed for ones biological identity. Transgender females shouldn't be allowed to play in female sports. I don't have an issue with transgender males in men's sports. Transition before the age of 18 is a no go. I don't care if the medical professionals and parents approve.

Option F - There's no difference between gender and sex. Pronouns are biological. I don't support medical transition for minors. Sports leagues are not about feelings. The boys play on the boys team. The girls play on the girls team. Don't get me wrong, I don't support violence against transgender people. I believe adults should be allowed to transition, but I am not going to support their delusion.

Option G - Somewhere between E and F. I do not support transgender women in women's sports, regardless of present genitalia. If a man wants to become a woman, get the bottom surgery, then they can use the women's bathrooms/locker rooms and use female pronouns. Vice verse for a woman wanting to be a man.

Option H - I do not support the recommendations by the AMA and APA. They are too strict. We should allow people to medically transition at any age they want, as long as their parents approve.

Last edited:
Other: I am yet undecided where I land on things, however I oppose them being discriminated against.

At the end of the day, we are all gods creation and deserve basic dignity and support.

In terms of bathrooms, probably the easiest solution is to update building codes to have a third single person bathroom. Not sure that’s the best solution though.

I fully support trans folks but I am not sure what supporting them means as they get no more or fewer rights than anyone else.

I am fine with anyone using any restroom.
Trans or not trans.

Women sport was designed for women's bodies. Not men's bodies altered by cosmetic surgery.

So I support the right of anyone, not just trans, to have equal rights. Where they want extra rights like using the bathroom or sport is where I have a problem.

Other: I am yet undecided where I land on things, however I oppose them being discriminated against.

At the end of the day, we are all gods creation and deserve basic dignity and support.

They are not discriminated against.
They want extra rights.

Don't let the agenda fool you.

I do not know anything about trans people, but I think that they should be treated with respect & tolerance.

They should be allowed to do their thing so long as they respect people who are not trans.

So a transwoman (especially one who still has a penis) should not compete on women's teams.

So a transwoman should avoid using women's restrooms if other women suspect that she was once a man.

So trans people should not insist on their sexuality being discussed in schools, except in health classes.

So trans people should be lowkey in public. No need to flaunt it.

We should all wish trans people the greatest happiness possible in this vale of tears.

Life is too short and sad for anyone to waste time disliking or even thinking that much about trans people.

I've never worried about transgender people and I see no reason to start now. Neo-conservatives have decided to make it a wedge issue and I've decided to ignore them. As far as the problems with sports go, let the sports authorities figure it out. All organized sports have governing bodies. Let them make the decisions. I was bored with this topic as soon as it came up. I just don't care.

Who doesn't like the best of both worlds?

Before answering, please read the background information and each option carefully. Lets start with the basics, per American Psychological Association. See here for more details.

Your options:

Option B - I fully support transgender people and their right to be themselves. Transgender minors should be allowed to medically transition, if there's both parental and medical approval. However, transgender females in female sports is where I draw the line.

Option C - I am not against transgender people. I have no problem with using their preferred gender pronouns, as long as they are not "wacky" or confusing. My issue is transgender females in women's sports and minors receiving medical transition, beyond puberty blockers. Those are a no go for me. I don't care if the medical community and the parents approves of transition. You need to start transitioning at age 18.

Option D - Same as C, only puberty blockers should be banned as well for minors.

Option E - I have no issue with using someone's preferred pronouns, just as long as they are not wacky or confusing. Bathrooms and locker rooms are designed for ones biological identity. Transgender females shouldn't be allowed to play in female sports. I don't have an issue with transgender males in men's sports. Transition before the age of 18 is a no go. I don't care if the medical professionals and parents approve.

Option F - There's no difference between gender and sex. Pronouns are biological. I don't support medical transition for minors. Sports leagues are not about feelings. The boys play on the boys team. The girls play on the girls team. Don't get me wrong, I don't support violence against transgender people. I believe adults should be allowed to transition, but I am not going to support their delusion.

Option G - Somewhere between E and F. I do not support transgender women in women's sports, regardless of present genitalia. If a man wants to become a woman, get the bottom surgery, then they can use the women's bathrooms/locker rooms and use female pronouns. Vice verse for a woman wanting to be a man.

Option H - I do not support the recommendations by the AMA and APA. They are too strict. We should allow people to medically transition at any age they want, as long as their parents approve.
Voted OTHER.

I don't care really in any strong way and mostly believe it is between the individual and or parents if the individual is a minor.

As far as Trans Gendered male to female in regards sports, no participation, in any sport activity where any from birth female would be excluded for drug use.

If the trans took any drugs to aid or alter themselves physically I believe that should disqualify them from sports where physical manipulation via chemicals for any reason would make them ineligible.

They want extra rights.

Yeah that’s the kind of stuff people said before gay marriage was settled.

People need what they need to live a life of dignity in a way that makes sense to them.

Your options:

Option C

Voted OTHER.

I don't care really in any strong way and mostly believe it is between the individual and or parents if the individual is a minor.

As far as Trans Gendered male to female in regards sports, no participation, in any sport activity where any from birth female would be excluded for drug use.

If the trans took any drugs to aid or alter themselves physically I believe that should disqualify them from sports where physical manipulation via chemicals for any reason would make them ineligible.
Well said

They're too few in number to get all worked up about.

This is a really good poll. I had never really given it much thought, but choosing among the options requires some critical thinking.

The fact is that no amount of surgery or hormone therapy can transform a man into a woman, or vice versa.

So trans "women" should not be competing against real women - the trans woman would typically have a physical (and unfair) advantage.

There should be special sports leagues for trans people, IMO.

They want extra rights.

That's exactly what homophobes said about gay people. Why are you copying them?

Yeah that’s the kind of stuff people said before gay marriage was settled.

People need what they need to live a life of dignity in a way that makes sense to them.

What rights are they denied?
I know of none.
Thanks

That's exactly what homophobes said about gay people. Why are you copying them?

I am speaking about under the law.
Yes, they get beat up by ass holes but we are speaking about rights, not crime

What right do they not have?

I am speaking about under the law.
Yes, they get beat up by ass holes but we are speaking about rights, not crime

What right do they not have?

You didn't answer my question.

What question?

Ask, ill ansewer.

And you anseser mine. What right that i have does the trans not have?

In Post #18, you were asked a question. Your dodge is very telling.

In Post #18, you were asked a question. Your dodge is very telling.
dodge? Who the **** do you think you are talking to?

I took that as rhetorical. Just a drive-by insult. Not as a serious question.

I copy no one. Ever. No one on this site is more independent in thought.

Now, what right do the trans not have that I do?

90_278_1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom